Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trains UK

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm looking to book a return from Wolves to Euston on Easter Monday w/ return a couple of days later for 2 adults 1 under 5 and 1 over 5 y.o.

I've seen tickets at ok times for me or 40 quid return which sounds like a a great deal and cheaper than the coach.

Is that legit and if you pre-book tickets are you going to get a seat or are all of us going to standing packed like sardines for the whole trip?

It's been nearly 30 years since I've last UK train journey and I need to make everything as comfortable as poss for two young kids and a volatile ex-partner

D

Deleted member 4456

If you pre-book seats you'll get a reservation card for each person when you get them. If you have a reservation card, you're within your rights to tell anyone sitting in your seat to move.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, Need to keep my options open I think. Only 2 hours on the train compared to 4 on the coach mind. Still, hiring a car a dropping off at Heathrow or somewhere might be a better option.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just one problem on the link I posted, please note these delays do not show up on National Railways.

28/03/2016
End date
31/03/2016

Route affected
Trains between London Euston and Birmingham New Street / Wolverhampton / Holyhead / Chester / Liverpool Lime Street / Glasgow Central

Train operator affected
Virgin Trains

Description
Engineering work is taking place between Milton Keynes and Northampton with various line closures.

Monday to 05:30 Tuesday

Trains between London Euston and Glasgow Central via Wolverhampton will start / terminate at Birmingham International. Trains will divert via Chester.

An amended service will operate between London Euston and Birmingham New Street / Stafford.

Trains between London Euston and North Wales will start from / terminate at Crewe or Chester.

Trains between London Euston and Liverpool Lime Street will divert via Stoke-on-Trent and Macclesfield.

Monday to Thursday

22:45 Wolverhampton to London Euston will divert between Rugby and Milton Keynes and not call at Northampton. A bus will operate between Rugby and Long Buckby / Northampton.

Planning your Journey

These changes are not currently shown in the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, please check back nearer to the time of travel.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers DRE, looks like that's off then if I want a smooth, hassle free journey.

Back
Top Bottom