Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Train advice to get to wolves by 11am on a Sunday.....

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Help!!
We are intending to come to the Birmingham match by train from the far flung Suffolk coast...and to make a day of it,I want to leave here after I finish work Saturday,stay overnight somewhere,then get short train journey in on Sunday morning.
I was looking at Leicester ish as coming cross country,but can't see any trains early enough on the sunday....any advice???

N

Northamptonwolf

Help!!
We are intending to come to the Birmingham match by train from the far flung Suffolk coast...and to make a day of it,I want to leave here after I finish work Saturday,stay overnight somewhere,then get short train journey in on Sunday morning.
I was looking at Leicester ish as coming cross country,but can't see any trains early enough on the sunday....any advice???
Trains on sunday in general dont start till late. You might be better staying in birmingham or even better wolverhampton.

We will struggle from northampton

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Stay in Birmingham then get the tram into Wolvo?

W

wolvesultra

Help!!
Birmingham surely a better bet than Leicester if you don't wanna come all the way in but why not just stay in Wolverhampton no need to travel twice then.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trains on sunday in general dont start till late. You might be better staying in birmingham or even better wolverhampton.

We will struggle from northampton
Doubt I ll finish work until 4 Saturday,so would be late by time I got to Birmingham or Wolverhampton.
Crazily the cheapest way seems to be to go 100 miles south to London,then back up to Wolverhampton!!

W

wolvesultra

Stay in Birmingham then get the tram into Wolvo?
Never really see the point in the tram if going all the way (either way) train is a lot quicker and about same price.

It's good for by me to go either way like though.

N

Northamptonwolf

Doubt I ll finish work until 4 Saturday,so would be late by time I got to Birmingham or Wolverhampton.
Crazily the cheapest way seems to be to go 100 miles south to London,then back up to Wolverhampton!!
I can believe it but its a long journey on the sunday morning as if you get the fast train i think you have to go to stafford and change to come back.

If you dont fancy going all way on sat to brum or wolves look at staying at birmingham international. Theres some good bars by the genting arena and a number of hotels

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Help!!
How does your journey back home look like? I’d be inclined to do all my inbound travel on the Saturday and stay in Wolvo (or Brum, if you must).

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does your journey back home look like? I’d be inclined to do all my inbound travel on the Saturday and stay in Wolvo (or Brum, if you must).
Worse...engineering works between peterborough and Norwich....

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Never really see the point in the tram if going all the way (either way) train is a lot quicker and about same price.

It's good for by me to go either way like though.

Think the trams are a bit more regular of a weekend than the train?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming from Birmingham with the Blues fans could be interesting.

W

wolvesultra

Think the trams are a bit more regular of a weekend than the train?
Ah possibly on a Sunday usually get a train between Brum/Wolvo easily enough though so many cross country services that serve both.

Trams ok but that bit just after Blake Lake (if coming from Brum) is a bit dodgy though ain't it @JadeWolf all good once you hit Bradley Lane though...God's country!

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Help!!
Coleshill Parkway is on the Leicester line, stay at Grimstock or Swan hotel then trains from Marston Green or Birmingham International to Wolves start on Sundays just before 09:00am :)

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Ah possibly on a Sunday usually get a train between Brum/Wolvo easily enough though so many cross country services that serve both.

Trams ok but that bit just after Blake Lake (if coming from Brum) is a bit dodgy though ain't it @JadeWolf all good once you hit Bradley Lane though...God's country!

Lol, you having a pop at Wednesbury?! Cheek that is!

M

Mr Wolf

I need more info, who is driving, boozing, you getting he all the way?

36_Degrees

Groupie
Reaction score
Help!!
Hi mate, I’m gettig the 08:50 from Euston

D

Deleted member 4257

Dont stop in Birmingham you will be traveling in with that scruffy lot.
Just keep driving to Wolves, dont worry about getting in late, Gorgeous is open till 6am :)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
You could stay overnight in London.
Then travel up early morning on the train London Wolves will be on.
Which is the 8:15 from Euston.
Arrives in Wolvo at 10:38 (one change at Stafford).
London Wolves - Travel

Last edited:
Reactions: AW

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could stay overnight in London.
Then travel up early morning on the train London Wolves will be on.
Which is the 8:15 from Euston.
Arrives in Wolvo at 10:38 (one change at Stafford).
London Wolves - Travel
Thought about that....staying in London could put the cost up

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bradley Lane "The Players" my field of dreams....

Back
Top Bottom