Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tottenham (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5626.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After a disappointing second half and a scandalous decision (again) last weekend, we need to bounce back today.

It will be a tough game today. I’m not buying this nonsense about Tottenham having a weak team today. They have a few injuries and suspensions but these Sky 6 clubs have squads packed with international players. It will be a very strong team that plays against us, believe me.

I do fancy us though. We’ve done ok at home lately from a very tough run of fixtures, and we have been difficult to play against. If we can get the crowd going and put Tottenham under pressure, like we’re capable of, then we can definitely get something out of the game.

In terms of line-up, it will be interesting to see what G’ON does. Sasa and Doyle started last week and in fairness didn’t grab the chance with both hands. I think without Neto we need to find room in the team for Bellegarde, he offers that direct running at defenders. I also wonder with Tottenham’s physical midfield whether it’s a good moment to bring the Pitbull back in?

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang​

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno S, Bueno H, Doyle, Traore, Sarabia, Sasa, Fabio

We probably need to have the same mindset we did against Man City. Be respectful of Tottenham’s quality and good form, but back ourselves to get under their skin and drag a result from somewhere.

Finally, very important that we as fans show our respects on Remembrance weekend. Whatever your thoughts and opinions are, people died so that you were free to have those views, the least you can do is be respectful for a minute before kick off.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the lads will be well up for this today after the disappointment of last week, 3-1 wolves.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went for a 4-3 win today. I think we could have a crazy scoreline. They are depleted and play tactics we could exploit. But they also press well which I think we struggle against. It should be a good one for the neutrals. I just hope it's the football and not VAR that dominates the post match chat.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went for a 4-3 win today. I think we could have a crazy scoreline. They are depleted and play tactics we could exploit. But they also press well which I think we struggle against. It should be a good one for the neutrals. I just hope it's the football and not VAR that dominates the post match chat.
Nil nil then!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping for a clean sheet today. I haven’t seen spurs much this season, but they are getting really glowing reviews atm. However, with so many of their key players missing and us having home advantage, we really need to turn up the heat/pressure on them from the start.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Struggling to see a serious goal threat without Pedro but Belle could well be the man to ruffle some feathers out there today.
Watching the training video , they seemed to be rehearsing a lot Semedo getting forward, pulling it back to the penalty spot , with getting bodies into the box

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their predicted back 4 looks weakened with Dier and Ben Davies in the middle. If they play a high line, our pace on the break could do some serious damage.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s do this!!! I fancy us today if we can get at them and their second string defence. We have to stay switched on all game but I’ve liked us against the big teams so far this season.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 38444

Here we are again. After a disappointing second half and a scandalous decision (again) last weekend, we need to bounce back today.

It will be a tough game today. I’m not buying this nonsense about Tottenham having a weak team today. They have a few injuries and suspensions but these Sky 6 clubs have squads packed with international players. It will be a very strong team that plays against us, believe me.

I do fancy us though. We’ve done ok at home lately from a very tough run of fixtures, and we have been difficult to play against. If we can get the crowd going and put Tottenham under pressure, like we’re capable of, then we can definitely get something out of the game.

In terms of line-up, it will be interesting to see what G’ON does. Sasa and Doyle started last week and in fairness didn’t grab the chance with both hands. I think without Neto we need to find room in the team for Bellegarde, he offers that direct running at defenders. I also wonder with Tottenham’s physical midfield whether it’s a good moment to bring the Pitbull back in?

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang​

We probably need to have the same mindset we did against Man City. Be respectful of Tottenham’s quality and good form, but back ourselves to get under their skin and drag a result from somewhere.

Finally, very important that we as fans show our respects on Remembrance weekend. Whatever your thoughts and opinions are, people died so that you were free to have those views, the least you can do is be respectful for a minute before kick off.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Agree and that’s the team today for me

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Brendan Johnson could be playing for Tottenham. Remember last season, he lied about Podence spitting at him to try and get our top scorer banned. You know what to do Wolves fans…

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 38444

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang​

COYW!
Spot on Jade, both on the team and on Remembrance Day.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably the best possible time to play them honestly so I’ve gone for a 1-0 win to the good guys.

Should be an entertaining game I’ll be trying to sneak in a watch from work on my lunch!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally a game. Worst week ever on the Mix, constant moaning about decisions and every thread being about VAR and referees. Bore off and get on with it.

Up the Wolves. They're there for the taking but their pace up front will give them plenty of chances. Should be a good game.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder who has been picked to wear the bodycam in the warm up ?

If Podence was still here and wearing it the picture would have been constantly showing the sky as he lay on the ground kicking his legs in the air.

Last edited:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope we keep 11 on the pitch …. If we can we have a chance

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder who has been picked to wear the bodycam in the warm up ?

If Podence was still here and wearing one the picture would have been constantly showing the sky as he lay on the ground kicking his legs in the air.
Think they said on TNT Sport earlier that it will be Max Kilman.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 38444

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang​

COYW!
Are you Desert Wolf in disguise? :)

Back
Top Bottom