Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tottenham (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6037.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

How is everyone? Been a bit of a glum week all round, a disappointing performance last week and then the news of Cunha. Feels like everyone just needs a cuddle and a pat on the shoulder. Hopefully today’s game does the trick.

Say it every week but this is a tough one today. Tottenham under Postecoglou seem to either play really well, or play alright but find a way to get a result. They had a sticky patch earlier on the season where they lost a few (including to us) but otherwise they’ve been a really good side.

For us, it’s about bouncing back from last weekend. If we can get a result then great, and I think we’d probably all take a draw right now if it was offered, but it’s about showing that last weekend was just a bad day. It happens to everyone. I’m not sure the reaction (or should I say overreaction?!) was really justified, but the best way to respond is always on the pitch.

In terms of line-up, my prediction is one change with Hwang replacing Cunha. I’d be tempted to make a couple of other changes but I think Gary will be thinking that the current team has been doing ok and last week was a blip.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Big Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Hwang Neto​

Bentley, Doc, Bueno, Bueno, Doyle, Traore, Mini Lemina, Bellegarde, Fraser.

That’s still a decent side even without the main man Cunha. He’s a huge loss no doubt but you have to try and be positive and say it’s a chance for someone else.

Predictions wise, I don’t really fancy us much today, but this is Wolves so having been beaten by a really poor side last week, would anyone be shocked if we turned up at one of the better sides and turned them over?!

Whether you’re following from London, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance, we get anything if we play like we did last week and against Yernited. Play as we did at SB and at home to Everton and we could. We all know Cunha's a big miss, but other players need to step-up and show we're not a one man team.
Hwang doesn't bring the same attributes to the game as Cunha, but he has a cool head in front of goal. Neto needs to be on his game and we all know the back door needs to be tight.
I'd like to think we can get a result, but my head says Spuds. :(

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Another away day and another trip to London :( we need some more Northern and Midlands teams!!!

I fancy our pace against their high line today, just about to set off.

Come on me babbies....
Yep feels like we’ve spent more time in London than the royals lately. Last one this season though I think (apart from Wembley?!?!?!)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Cunha could be a blessing, Hwang Neto air nouri, even mini lamina may have much joy against there high line .... mind you , van de venn is pretty speedy

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult one today!!! A win today would, for me, be the result of the season for us.

On a side note: I live an hour from London and am alone for the day - if anybody has a spare ticket on their phone I am more than happy to meet before the game with the money and will buy several beers for said person!

Edit: it’s London so “several” might have been a little over exuberant!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have done well in the last few trips to London, and we have already beaten Tottenham this season, albeit we left it very late. Neto against their high line should be interesting. I think Wolves can get something out of this game.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the slating that Bellegarde's been getting I'm fully expecting him to come of the bench and bag a brace

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Come on me babies. I need cheering up today, a Wolves draw would be great, but a win would be amazeballs. Hope Doherty plays some part in the game and scores….i don’t think he was given a fair crack of the whip there, and was unlucky when he got injured, as he was just starting to get into form.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be an open entertaining match today. Probably a Spurs win but there'll be plenty of chances for both teams. Both teams have shown this season that they don't give up either so there could be a winner in the 101st minute.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to the old basics. 4 defensive midfielders , hitting them on the break. Bellegarde may be OK for this role.

bigwolf

Reaction score
To borrow a boxing parlance, styles make fights.

I'm not sure there is a better suited team for how we play than spurs. A ridiculously high line that can be exploited with pace quite easily. But they can pick holes in any defence.

With Cunha out the difficulty level goes up a level or two.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen said O'Neil was hinting we could go 5-3-2 with Doyle coming in for Cunha (presumably Hwang up top with Neto)

Wouldn't be against that.

Providing we're not out of sight, Traore could be a very useful sub today. Has the energy to get around the pitch which will be vital.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen said O'Neil was hinting we could go 5-3-2 with Doyle coming in for Cunha (presumably Hwang up top with Neto)

Wouldn't be against that.

Providing we're not out of sight, Traore could be a very useful sub today. Has the energy to get around the pitch which will be vital.
Wouldn’t be against that as well long as RAN and Semdo play a highly attacking line.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going today as finalising, remotely, the funeral arrangements for my mum for next week in Shropshire.

Popped out to the Spoons in Stoke Newington for a quick bite to eat. About two dozen Wolves fans there and a couple of bemused Spuds..... One of my "secrets" (it is actually cheaper than Wolvo eg an all-day brunch and a drink is under £7) is out - it's an easy bus ride to both Arsenal and Spurs...

Shame that it's now up for sale....

Last edited:

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely score. Just hopefully more than spuds
Hope your right, I was thinking that last week against Brentford though, so hopefully that was just a blip and we can get back to how we have been infront of goal today.

Back
Top Bottom