Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti Gomes

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti turns 23 on the 16th of this month. Hopefully he can learn from his spell back here, and really push on.
I really don't understand this loan thing much anymore? I thought the idea of loaning out players was to give youngsters, not ready for the 1st team squad, game time somewhere. This guy is coming up 23; surely at his age he should be a part of our squad, not playing overseas in a Mickey Mouse league?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't understand this loan thing much anymore? I thought the idea of loaning out players was to give youngsters, not ready for the 1st team squad, game time somewhere. This guy is coming up 23; surely at his age he should be a part of our squad, not playing overseas in a Mickey Mouse league?
Primarily still is but is there to also give other players game or development time.

The latter will become less of a thing as FIFA rules dictate that over 21s out on loan will be limited in number… think it’s 6 from next season and then drops again

Toti Gomes will have been dirt cheap and at the very least even if he never plays for us, managed right we’d get a decent fee to invest elsewhere

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I for one am pleased we have got him back this month along with Sanderson. Our centre back options are limited and from what I have read and seen both have done very well out on loan.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt the grasshoppers owner related to Jeff shi or someone from fosun? I see it as us buying players to help them out by means of loans. The chances of any of these playing for us is zilch.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt the grasshoppers owner related to Jeff shi or someone from fosun? I see it as us buying players to help them out by means of loans. The chances of any of these playing for us is zilch.
It’s Guo’s wife and on the contrary I think there will be mutual benefit in the long run… certainly not 1 way

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve recalled him. He is now part of the squad and not playing in a Micky Mouse league.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Mickey Mouse league is a much higher standard than the u23’s so he’s better playing there

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
Switzerland are 13th In FIFA rankings.
Mexico are 14th.
Germany are 12th.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So can he play for us this month? Or is he just training with us?
There is no reason he can’t actually play for us, if we choose to play him. He’d still be able to go back to grasshoppers and continue his loan at the end of the month.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Good luck to the lad, being recalled to train with the first team for a month surely shows he’s got potential, whether that results in a place on the bench is another matter?
He has obviously impressed being out on loan to Grasshoppers!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmed that he has returned to the club until the end of this month and will be part of the first team squad.

Will return to Grasshoppers at the end of January unless we have injuries and covid issues.

Good opportunity for the lad.
Probably just to train with the first team squad; is he actually allowed to play for us in January and then return to zgrasshoppers?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s Guo’s wife and on the contrary I think there will be mutual benefit in the long run… certainly not 1 way
Time will tell but I think its to help Grasshoppers with FFP. We are buying these players and subsidising their wages and they are helping them. If they come back next season and are part of the squad then I'm wrong, if we are short of defenders currently then surely we should be recalling him not just getting him training with us as we have a loan manager who will know how well he's been doing.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only there was a very recent example of a defender developing quickly at say the age of 24, and suddenly looking premier league class.
Yeah played futsal too or something probably a nobody

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time will tell but I think its to help Grasshoppers with FFP. We are buying these players and subsidising their wages and they are helping them. If they come back next season and are part of the squad then I'm wrong, if we are short of defenders currently then surely we should be recalling him not just getting him training with us as we have a loan manager who will know how well he's been doing.
But the relationship can go beyond just the players we buy who may or may not ever play for us. Maybe we have bought cheap players to help out Grasshoppers in the short term but the only two we have so far have been Gomes and Bolla and both their values will have grown so even if they don’t ever play for us, there is a value growth from which we could benefit from in the future.

Not only that, It’s a place we can also send some of our kids to develop, it’s a place we can send promising young purchases (like Bolla) to find a stepping stone between his previous league and the premier league. Whilst he’s there he’s helping GZ no doubt but he’s developing, he’s getting international caps, he has more chance of being ready for us or as I said before sold for profit.

Back
Top Bottom