Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top Three

T

TheConcourse

Compared to the other options he looks increasingly attractive, scary to say.....
Definitely worse options out there until the end of the season. I think most people would be interested to see how he’d do with better quality, more technical players.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Definitely worse options out there until the end of the season. I think most people would be interested to see how he’d do with better quality, more technical players.
Nope, he's terrible and most people realise that.

I think the top 3 are:

Beale
Barry
Bosz

Not in the know just going off internet rumours.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallardo
Lopetegui
Bosz

I recon Lopetegui is still a possibility and its convincing him to take the job to start after the WC. Gallardo might be discussed but is perhaps waiting to see if Juventus show any interest before progressing talks. Bosz was perhaps surprisingly convincing in the interview process but the more guaranteed fallback option if the other two don't agree to come.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People can dress Beale up how they want but if we appoint him I'll be completely underwhelmed and disappointed.
Frankly mate, I'd be very worried. I can't believe anyone is entertaining the thought of Beale as their pick. Even if he charms the pants off Shi during interview, there is no way this is anything other than a massive gamble by our increasingly desperate chairman. Same for Edwards. I'd rather stick with Davis and go back in for Lopetegui or another during the World Cup break than appoint either of those rookie managers on a permanent basis.

Unfortunately, if the three man shortlist is Nuno, Beale, and / or Edwards / Bosz, what can you say? Nuno is the best option by a nautical mile.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno for me. We were on the right track pre-Covid. All of our footballing success is down to him and his team.

Get him back, build on the model and find the small %’s to make it better. We literally got there. We just needed the small %’s.

What do you mean by small % to make what better. Stave off relegation, Mid table finish, European qualification ?

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we’re down to Ian Beale, Nuno and a guy who is what happens when you order Pep Guardiola from Wish.

This club is a shambles at the moment and we need a footballing person making decisions in my view.

Wolves are a business to Fosun, nothing more nothing less. And Jeff Shi is simply the boss of the particular division. Surely in business when someone has consistently screwed up they have to go. Jeff Shi can’t have too long left.

I actually don’t believe it’s down to these 3. There’s a new leak every few days and I suspect it’s partly intentional whilst they work on something.

Nuno - my heart over my head says I’d be happy with this. But even the head says that the circumstances around his final season (+I don’t believe he chose to spunk £35m on silva as a prospect. I think that’s Jeff) weren’t entirely his fault and I think he has unfinished business with.

Ian Beale - I actually like what I read and liked his video. He is likely the next Graham Potter. I’m unsure if he is big enough to take charge of out dressing room but I wouldn’t be totally unhappy.

Peter Bosz - managed some big clubs and never lasted. Also consistently underperformed. Seems more a journeyman on the carousel and I’d sooner we didn’t bother.

Gallardo - great but I can’t see it in any way shape or form.

Rodger’s - could be possible. I like him. Good manager. Although Leicester have been pants. Is he on a downward spiral now or is it really not his fault.

I still think we’re in for J-lo. I think we’re biding our time. Trying to steady the ship and he will come at the WC break. Maybe the leaks are just to appease fans and show that something is happening.

Although I can also see J-lo going to villa or Leicester (whichever sacks the manager soonest)

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What was his win rate against us dare I ask?! Certainly felt pretty high!
In the Premier League - Won 4, Drew 3, Lost 1.

So 50%! Probably his best record against any team lol.

T

TheConcourse

What do you mean by small % to make what better. Stave off relegation, Mid table finish, European qualification ?
Sign better players in certain positions. I think Nunes in a Nuno team would have given us more in CM, for example.

A better quality CB that summer would have helped us move forward quicker IMO. All assumption of course.

We were so close under Nuno. People forget just how close we were to a top 4 finish, never mind a top 6.

Going to Burnley away, then Sheff Utd - 2 games killed it. Pretty sure we were still in the mix @ Chelsea on the final day.

The Doc handball, the last minute corner.. the margins were so fine. World away from that now.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don’t believe it’s down to these 3. There’s a new leak every few days and I suspect it’s partly intentional whilst they work on something.

I still think we’re in for J-lo. I think we’re biding our time. Trying to steady the ship and he will come at the WC break. Maybe the leaks are just to appease fans and show that something is happening.
This.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign better players in certain positions. I think Nunes in a Nuno team would have given us more in CM, for example.

A better quality CB that summer would have helped us move forward quicker IMO. All assumption of course.

We were so close under Nuno. People forget just how close we were to a top 4 finish, never mind a top 6.

Going to Burnley away, then Sheff Utd - 2 games killed it. Pretty sure we were still in the mix @ Chelsea on the final day.

The Doc handball, the last minute corner.. the margins were so fine. World away from that now.

Top 4, crikey !! For all Nuno's magic, that would have taken some achieving (even Tottenham Hotspur struggled to achieve that under his watch and they were better equipped imv).

We can look back and say what could have been (I often do when I reflect on a catalogue of bad injuries that we sustained during Graham Taylor's management), but its where we are now, and right now we need a coaching team strong enough to galvanize this squad and get us to mid table safety. Can Nuno or anyone else on that short list achieve that, I really do not know rght now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While you are right I think you’re wearing gold tinted specs. There are lots of “nearly” teams, and the difference between them and those which routinely finish in the top spots is significant when you compare resources. In those Nuno seasons we had remarkably few injuries and that’s just not typical or sustainable.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just feels like February 2012 all over again.

And like then, we had owners/board with no forward planning, no contigency, no real idea. No clear direction. No identity.

The longer this goes on, the longer I see Steve Davis getting the job, least until the Arsenal game and then they will see what mud will stick then.

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And like then, we had owners/board with no forward planning, no contigency, no real idea. No clear direction. No identity.

The longer this goes on, the longer I see Steve Davis getting the job on a permanent interim basis.

How does a permanent interim basis work then? :D

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 4, crikey !! For all Nuno's magic, that would have taken some achieving (even Tottenham Hotspur struggled to achieve that under his watch and they were better equipped imv).

We can look back and say what could have been (I often do when I reflect on a catalogue of bad injuries that we sustained during Graham Taylor's management), but its where we are now, and right now we need a coaching team strong enough to galvanize this squad and get us to mid table safety. Can Nuno or anyone else on that short list achieve that, I really do not know rght now.
If it's just midtable safety, then Davies will do the job.
Our problem has been scoring goals. Mini break gives us plenty of time to sort out that problem.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The longer this goes on, the longer I see Steve Davis getting the job, least until the Arsenal game and then they will see what mud will stick then.
I can so many parallels. The timing of the sacking. The 100 million we spent at the start of the season. The temporary manager that couldn't win a game.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can so many parallels. The timing of the sacking. The 100 million we spent at the start of the season. The temporary manager that couldn't win a game.
To be fair Davis has actually managed to win a game. It wasn't very pretty and the opposition were dreadful, but it was a win.

Back
Top Bottom