Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top Three

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
64ac5680e29c544e6333f86e1038ef6f.png

In The Times tonight. Feels significant enough in the absence of any other news on the manager search to warrant a thread.

Who do we think the top three are then?

SuziQ

Reaction score
The Gestifute thing could well be a red herring, I wouldn't read too much into those kind of comments.

I'd like it to be Gallardo, AVB and Amorim as a top 3. I do suspect it will actually be Beale, Edwards and Nuno though.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genesio
Nuno
Beale

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
64ac5680e29c544e6333f86e1038ef6f.png

In The Times tonight. Feels significant enough in the absence of any other news on the manager search to warrant a thread.

Who do we think the top three are then?
Beale
Nuno
Unknown

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got to say I don't understand what's going on with the press and our managerial search. It seems to me as though they're all covering something or they're completely in the dark but that's unlikely.

Now it's apparently down to three but if we had interviewed anyone in a job it would be public knowledge.

We haven't spoken to Beale properly as you'd have to go through QPR and they have no benefit whatsoever for that not coming out.

The Al-Ittihad owner has said no advanced talks. Plus, if Nuno wanted it, it would be sorted due to the Mendes links.

If it was a Pedro Martins or someone out of work at that level, they should have been appointed ages ago.

So, how can the press say it's this week?

You have to presume they are going for a bigger name. Rodgers could happen if he's sacked before Sunday. Gallardo maybe if we're waiting until after River Plate's game on Sunday? Still waiting for Lopetegui? I don't know.

I just don't understand why if it was a Nuno, Beale etc. that it hasn't been sorted by now. It should have been done and if they keep delaying to appoint someone of that ilk then the board deserve plenty of criticism - especially if we lose tomorrow.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were making an appointment in the next few days we'd surely have heard some nibbles in the mainstream media by now.
Kept well under wraps as it should be, just like how we usually conduct our transfer business. Can't knock that, especially if other clubs are potentially sniffing for new managers as well.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I've got to say I don't understand what's going on with the press and our managerial search. It seems to me as though they're all covering something or they're completely in the dark but that's unlikely.

Now it's apparently down to three but if we had interviewed anyone in a job it would be public knowledge.

We haven't spoken to Beale properly as you'd have to go through QPR and they have no benefit whatsoever for that not coming out.

The Al-Ittihad owner has said no advanced talks. Plus, if Nuno wanted it, it would be sorted due to the Mendes links.

If it was a Pedro Martins or someone out of work at that level, they should have been appointed ages ago.

So, how can the press say it's this week?

You have to presume they are going for a bigger name. Rodgers could happen if he's sacked before Sunday. Gallardo maybe if we're waiting until after River Plate's game on Sunday? Still waiting for Lopetegui? I don't know.

I just don't understand why if it was a Nuno, Beale etc. that it hasn't been sorted by now. It should have been done and if they keep delaying to appoint someone of that ilk then the board deserve plenty of criticism - especially if we lose tomorrow.
You can understand the secrecy around transfers, but why around managers, and all that about Nuno being in talks but not the preferred option, doesn’t make sense.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not because in my head I'm imagining a top three of Rob Edwards, Michael Beale and Sean Dyche!
I know what you mean... If they go for PL experience the way things are going that'll be:
Woy,
Colin, and
Spudyed.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kept well under wraps as it should be, just like how we usually conduct our transfer business. Can't knock that, especially if other clubs are potentially sniffing for new managers as well.
I don't disagree. I still think it's weird though. I know we don't get a lot of leaks but we usually hear at least a few nibbles.

Back
Top Bottom