Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top Six

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough over the course of the whole season, but possible if we play the way we know they can, and keep our players fit.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a prayer on that performance. Plenty good enough on the evidence of other games where we did not win.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Hard to say it's a false position (8th now, correct?) when *maybe* there is an argument we stole three points today … but that arguably balances out the unfortunate Leicester result.

As I mentioned on the "Elephant" thread a few moments ago, Wolves may - may - be in the top six by the end of this month. And they've given us no reason not to believe they're not a Top Ten side at the end of the season. Build on that steadily, and yeah, it's possible. I think the Watford match should offer us another key peek at where we stand.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I must confess
I look at the table and I see how small the gap is between us and there.
And then I see this month's fixtures
Help, I seem to be getting over-excited.....

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I think it's really important that we temper our expectations and allow ourselves to enjoy this season. It's great to be competing week in week out and to be in the top ten.
Today was really frustrating, there was a lull in the atmosphere due to our impatience and heightened expectations. That could end up being our own worst enemy.
I just don't want us to feel disappointed in spite of the progress we have made.
It's a great time to be a wolves fan, the place is buzzing but we've got to prepare our selves for frustrating games that dont finish 2-0 in our favour.
With only 7 games gone the top 5 already looks locked in. The potential for us to be the best of the rest is clear for all to see but let's just enjoy our weekends and see where it all leads us.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Got to do better than we did for much of the match to achieve this in my honest opinion.

Them 'get out of jail cards' might not always flip right for us as they did today.

W

we8wba

Just leaving the ground. It might be the adrenaline but. Top six? European football possible in 2 years? Wolves are back.

Arsenal
Manutd
Mancity
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs

It’s neigh impossible to break this six over entire season - I think we could and will compete with Leicester and Everton for the 7-9th mini table

Chiggy83

Groupie
Reaction score
We didn’t steal the points today we deserved to win. If Patricio made the saves that their keeper made then maybe, but how many times did Southampton cause us problems, not many.

Jade you took the words right out my mouth. We didn’t play to our usual high standards, but they didn’t really test Rui whereas we could possibly should have had 2 before half time. The only real chances they had came from our own poor play.

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
Trouble is you get a lot less space against the strugglers. But with game changers like Cav and Traore we will always have a chance. I think we can be top 6 , but after so many years of disappointment we struggle to believe in ourselves at times

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal
Manutd
Mancity
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs

It’s neigh impossible to break this six over entire season - I think we could and will compete with Leicester and Everton for the 7-9th mini table
I seriously think Spuds, Utd and Arsenal will drop more points against the others in the list than us.

United are in a bad run already, and spuds and Arsenal always have one.

We haven’t had a bad run of games in the prem for years!!!

Seriously tho, I reckon we can do it.

We haven’t really had a game that was a walk yet either.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to do better than we did for much of the match to achieve this in my honest opinion.

Them 'get out of jail cards' might not always flip right for us as they did today.

I agree we didnt play at all well today and we looked a bit flat at times but in the past how many times in our least premier league stint did we play reasonably well away at top 6 sides only to eventually lose out. I'm thinking Arsenal where Bendtner scored in the 95th minute or Liverpool when Reine raced out of his goal to get Ward sent off. If we are going to be a top 6 side I think there will be games like today where we struggle but where we eventually turn them in our favour even though we didnt appear to deserve it. We need to start getting into the mindset where we expect tight games to eventually turn our way because we are Wolves and we expect to win. It is part and parcel of having a top 6 mentality.

Ironically todays game was our worst league performance of the season and our biggest win.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't lose many due to having the men tality and intelligence to keep doing things the way we always do.

The big question is when might we stop wasting too many easy passes?. Once we can lose the tendency to ha ve sloppy periods then I could see us top six this season.

Either way it's been the best part of forty years since such an argument could be forwarded with credibility.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I agree we didnt play at all well today and we looked a bit flat at times but in the past how many times in our least premier league stint did we play reasonably well away at top 6 sides only to eventually lose out. I'm thinking Arsenal where Bendtner scored in the 95th minute or Liverpool when Reine raced out of his goal to get Ward sent off. If we are going to be a top 6 side I think there will be games like today where we struggle but where we eventually turn them in our favour even though we didnt appear to deserve it. We need to start getting into the mindset where we expect tight games to eventually turn our way because we are Wolves and we expect to win. It is part and parcel of having a top 6 mentality.

Ironically todays game was our worst league performance of the season and our biggest win.

Good point, these things do happen.....can't be making a habit of it though.

I suppose what's making it feel worse is that the expectation with the vibe was really high over seeing a good performance from us today. For it to be like it turned out was then pretty disappointing.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point, these things do happen.....can't be making a habit of it though.

I suppose what's making it feel worse is that the expectation with the vibe was really high over seeing a good performance from us today. For it to be like it turned out was then pretty disappointing.

I do agree. Performance was the worst in the league this season. But happy with the result.

W

we8wba

I seriously think Spuds, Utd and Arsenal will drop more points against the others in the list than us.

United are in a bad run already, and spuds and Arsenal always have one.

We haven’t had a bad run of games in the prem for years!!!

Seriously tho, I reckon we can do it.

We haven’t really had a game that was a walk yet either.

We’re in our best ever run, arsenal and Utd are perceived be in very bad form yet still remain near us in the table. They won’t stay rubbish for ever

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
They got in some good positions at times but they weren't clinical enough. When push came to shove, we were.

We had quality options from the bench. They had a guy who switched off defensively and let us in. We win they lose. I'm not gonna cry. Yeah, it seemed like 'after the lord mayor's show' in terms of hunger and want-to at times, but we won. There's room for improvement, but: I truly believe we have the owners, players and coaches to make that inprovement.

FWAW

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If United are beginning to implode then it’s possible but if not I won’t get carried away. I do think 7th is very possible though if we can start regularly putting our chances away more and continue the excellent start to the season we have made

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not this season, still think we need a clinical striker over the full course of a season. Top 10 this season and push on for Europe next (unless we sign that striker in Jan, then who knows!)

Back
Top Bottom