Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The good thing about this signing, and the Joao Gomes signing is that it offers a club to aspiring young English talent (Brazilian in Gomes' case) to have faith in that they'll get game time, play in a team that plays decent football and more importantly offers an avenue of Premier League exposure and development.

Signings like this nudge other players in our direction.

I don’t think Doyle will play a lot for Wolves, though. Gary likes super-Garys in the midfield and he’s got 3, none named Doyle. I think a relegation-zone club would give him a Ruben Neves role but we won’t.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So should I be happy ?

Should I be outraged ?

Or should I be mildly annoyed at the announcement ?
Take ya pick ...

Rumour is Gary wanted it done early so he had a partner for golf for next season....

That's why we are going Florida instead of Korea for pre season...Golf courses....

I love making stuff up but all very believable...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take ya pick ...

Rumour is Gary wanted it done early so he had a partner for golf for next season....

That's why we are going Florida instead of Korea for pre season...Golf courses....

I love making stuff up but all very believable...
Would you be surprised to know that, just like Japanese, many Koreans are keen on golf?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought a Wolves driver cover when I was there last week. It was the less-dear one but I’m still part of the problem.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disney and 'gators lol...

I'm actually off to Seoul with my family at the end of the month.
Fair play....would love to go there.....Japan is definitely on my wishlist though....

It's just this football keeps getting in the way of the finances.......

Been to few places in the states but Florida has never appealed to me... although I'm tempted with pre season.....

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Good question. Id also like to know how it actually works, would they need to declare their intentions to trigger it before each window opened or could they just swoop in and scupper any deal or what. Honestly, who does a buy-back clause!
Plenty of the big clubs insist on them when selling young players they think may be good enough for them in the future, but need regular football just now to get to that level.

Real Madrid love a buy back clause/right of first refusal when they sell their youngsters for low initial transfer fees, and have been doing it for years. Dani Carvajal to Leverkusen for £5m, then buying him back for £6.5m a year later, being a prime example.

dnf14

Reaction score
Totally, we were lucky to get him as part of the Nunes deal. If it was a straight transfer I'm sure other clubs would have been interested, such a Palace, Brentford, Brighton and Sheffield utd.
Sheff Utd were interested last summer but us wanting him as a Nunes makeweight definitely helped swing things in our favour.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally, we were lucky to get him as part of the Nunes deal. If it was a straight transfer I'm sure other clubs would have been interested, such a Palace, Brentford, Brighton and Sheffield utd.
Last year they said City had Doyle valued at £15m when the deal was made, the £4.3m was just a Nunes-deal price but it cost the buy-back and sell-on, really the cash-poor price.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obvious deal. One of the best deals the club has done in recent times with the money we got for nunes taken into account.
Cant see city signing him back within 2yrs. He wont play at the level city would look to sign for (ie one of the best midfielders in the world) only reason they sign him back is homegrown squad rule purposes. Even if they do we have had him play for a few years and made some cash.
A clear and good deal for the club.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good deal all round but if GON's ambitions are to be realised I don't see him any more than a decent squad player tbh. I hope our defence, mf and attack will be significantly reinforced in the summer.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair play....would love to go there.....Japan is definitely on my wishlist though....

It's just this football keeps getting in the way of the finances.......

Been to few places in the states but Florida has never appealed to me... although I'm tempted with pre season.....
I do not recommend going to Florida in the summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
unless you have experienced that kind of humidity when it's hot, it's hard to comprehend. like trying to explain the buzz of a cigarette when you're drunk to someone who doesn't smoke or drink.
When l was in the States interacting with my US government counterparts l remember coming out of the air conditioned Washington metro trains and stations into the outside and my shirt instantly sticking to my back....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. But it doesn’t take us forward . We need additions to this squad.

Back
Top Bottom