Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Teams

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Iwelumo starting upfront with Doyle, SEB on the bench

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Abdoulaye Faye, Shawcross, Collins, Delap, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington, Beattie, Fuller

Subs: Simonsen, Higginbotham, Cort, Lawrence, Sidibe, Pugh, Sanli

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Zubar, Berra, Craddock, Elokobi, Edwards, Castillo, Henry, Kightly, Iwelumo, Doyle

Subs: Hahnemann, Stearman, Ebanks-Blake, Halford, Jarvis, Milijas, Maierhofer

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still no place for Mancienne? I thought he was over his illness.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yeah I thought Mancienne would at least be in the squad. There's quite a bit of competition just to get on the bench these days. No place for Keogh either

D

Dorset DeWolf

huge shock ebanks dropped for iwelumo, no halford either who i thought would play

T

Toon Wolf

That says a lot about the type of game we're expecting this to be. We need all the tall people we can get in the box defending the Stoke set plays.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd, if we're playing the physical game to counter Stoke, then surely we'd favour Halford over Kites? Especially with his throws.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That says a lot about the type of game we're expecting this to be. We need all the tall people we can get in the box defending the Stoke set plays.

If that's the case surely Meirhoffer should start?
Surprised to see CI start, but here's hoping for a goal...

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

That must be the explanation. I guess now is the time to say something about "playing our game" instead of letting the opponent dictate our lineup. Of course, if we get a result then Mick is a genius.

Must say I never thought Keogh would be without a spot on the bench when Edwards is in the starting 11!

CMON WOLVES!

M

Marauding Wolf

Whilst I don't think Halford is generally good enough for a premiership midfield, I would have played him over Edwards today. Edwards didn't win a single header against Warnock last week so God know's how he'll against 6ft plus.

I can see the logic behind Iwelumo, but may as well let Halford chuck it in when he's playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's the case surely Meirhoffer should start?
Surprised to see CI start, but here's hoping for a goal...

Not sure, granted, he's 20 ft 7, but from what I've seen of him, he has no real aerial prowess or physical threat, he's a bit like Crouch. Very skillful and technical, but not overly strong.
I'm a bit surprised by the BCI start. It's obvious what he's going for, but this is BCI's first start, and he hasn't even had 45 minutes in the league yet, has he? I'm not sure if he's match fit, and SEB would do a fine job holding off their centre backs, he's already proved his worth doing that, regardless of his size.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
Perhaps the fact that SEB didn't train untill yesterday might explain the team selection. I'm pleased he is fit enough to be on the bench.

H

HazelGroveWolf

I've just put £10 @ 9-1 on BCI for first goal scorer.

Back
Top Bottom