Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today ( Sheffield Utd)

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Please don’t tell me VAR is corrupt, I have no reasonable arguments as to why it is but after today. Why target us? I don’t get it. Three refs demoted after poor decisions against us, VAR costing us I don’t know how many points. Let’s get relegated compete for a proper trophy and decline promotion

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans need to vocal. GON might not want to, but fans need to.

This is bordering on criminal.

We absolutely need to make it clear now. Banners, chants, whatever it takes. We have televised games coming up, and we need to leave the worldwide audience in no doubt that this league is ****ing corrupt.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please don’t tell me VAR is corrupt, I have no reasonable arguments as to why it is but after today. Why target us? I don’t get it. Three refs demoted after poor decisions against us, VAR costing us I don’t know how many points. Let’s get relegated compete for a proper trophy and decline promotion
its all political bud, things wont change until we have a different nationality owners, All our fans who travel to home and away games should be reimburse all their hard earned money, Dick Turpin rides again,

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting on a tinfoil hat,I suspect things may change when we are no longer chinese owned.

Do you seriously think they’re sat there with orders from above saying ‘don’t give anything to wolves, they’re owned by the Chinese’?!

We’ve had some **** decisions against us, but there’s no conspiracy. They’re just **** at their job

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you seriously think they’re sat there with orders from above saying ‘don’t give anything to wolves, they’re owned by the Chinese’?!

We’ve had some **** decisions against us, but there’s no conspiracy. They’re just **** at their job
Hence the tinfoil hat part.....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If not corrupt, then it’s incompetence. Which given the money and stakes involved, I would argue is worse.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The problem with this argument, and others have used it, is that probability demands we see at least some howlers in our favour too, and it’s patently obvious by the lack of apologies given to opposing clubs, that there are none. One or two, sure we can wait for the ones in our favour, but I’ve lost count of those against us going back over multiple seasons now. It’s not going to even itself out, and that means it’s biased. The cause of the bias is unknown, but it’s biased by definition.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And is it about twelve that are American owned? America and China of course get along famously...
In all honesty I just think that these decisions are because the refs are incompetent, mixed in with too many interpretation of the rules, lack of consistency and an unwillingness for those on var to make too many overturned ruling on wrong on field calls so as not to make their buddies look bad constantly, and also so they won't have that official reversing their onfield calls.

Us smaller clubs most likely get an unfair share of bad calls as the officials likely subconsciously don't scrutinise the calls as much as they do/would against the big clubs, as they know we will cause less trouble for them, and get much less media attention.

The system in place isn't fit for purpose, and neither are those in charge of it.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sorry Bostin, but that's exactly my belief', It all cant be just coincidental can it ,I have never been comfortable with the Chinese owning
the Wolves but all this is getting out of order. New owners, New spec's worn by VAR,

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

If they’re just **** why are all the decisions against us and none for us?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with this argument, and others have used it, is that probability demands we see at least some howlers in our favour too, and it’s patently obvious by the lack of apologies given to opposing clubs, that there are none. One or two, sure we can wait for the ones in our favour, but I’ve lost count of those against us going back over multiple seasons now. It’s not going to even itself out, and that means it’s biased. The cause of the bias is unknown, but it’s biased by definition.

I honestly just think it’s incompetence. And a lack of consistency / interpretation of the rules.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they’re just **** why are all the decisions against us and none for us?
Exactly!!!
Not that I want wrong decisions going in our favour either. I just want them to get them right, regardless of whom they are for.
You'll not convince me there's not something very sinister at play here!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd like to think it's not corruption and they are just useless at there job, I don't think there's many occupations in which you could keep getting it wrong time and time again and keep getting a salary, VAR screw ups has potentially cost us 7 points already this season out of 11 games that could be worth 10s of millions at the end of the season in prize money, if anybody else lost a company that sort of money they'd be sacked.

Refereeing is a career now gone are the days of referees having other careers, They are paid around 40k a year as a retainer fee then £1200 a game plus they no longer need to go once the legs go they can hang around as VAR refs.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nowt will change while these balloons are still running the show.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve had a couple in our favour. Like the Doc push on Watkins.

Did it result in an apology to Villa? Did it result in a referee getting demoted?

My point isn’t that we get no decisions in our favour, it’s that we hardly ever get a serious error in our favour, yet there have been loads against us. That is not incompetence, that’s biased, for whatever reason.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they were **** at their job, we would benefit.

I'm not saying it's the Chinese. I genuinely don't know, but we do NOT have a fair rub of the green. Incompetence would be spread around. There are literally 8-9 incredible decisions over a 12-18 month period that are inexplicable.

No other club suffers this way. I know, as would others who watch PL games all the time.

Again, I don't know the reason, but please do not pretend it's just refs being bad at their job, because it's not.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty I just think that these decisions are because the refs are incompetent, mixed in with too many interpretation of the rules, lack of consistency and an unwillingness for those on var to make too many overturned ruling on wrong on field calls so as not to make their buddies look bad constantly, and also so they won't have that official reversing their onfield calls.

Us smaller clubs most likely get an unfair share of bad calls as the officials likely subconsciously don't scrutinise the calls as much as they do/would against the big clubs, as they know we will cause less trouble for them, and get much less media attention.

The system in place isn't fit for purpose, and neither are those in charge of it.
In my view there should be some system where VAR officials are completly independent of the on field officials. Too much looking after their mates and what exactly is clear and obvious?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve had a couple in our favour. Like the Doc push on Watkins.
Missed this after my initial reply.

That's one, not a couple. It's also very much in the debatable decision.

The independent panel decided it was NOT an incorrect call, so, technically, we didn't even get away with one. They judged the ref made the right call, and VAR.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just as racked off with it as you lot are, but going back to my original point - it’s nothing to do with our owners.

Is there a bias towards Sheff Utd today given the atmosphere and then needing their first win? Maybe that swayed the ref and VAR didn’t see enough to over turn it.

The amount of decisions against us is just pure bad luck though. It probably won’t even itself out, but surely it can’t continue.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they were **** at their job, we would benefit.

I'm not saying it's the Chinese. I genuinely don't know, but we do NOT have a fair rub of the green. Incompetence would be spread around. There are literally 8-9 incredible decisions over a 12-18 month period that are inexplicable.

No other club suffers this way. I know, as would others who watch PL games all the time.

Again, I don't know the reason, but please do not pretend it's just refs being bad at their job, because it's not.

Agree.

If it were just incompetence, the outcome would be totally random and you'd broadly win as many as you'd lose.

Whatever is happening just is not that.

Not sure what the club can do though. Maybe the only way it stops is when we get relegated.

Last edited:

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
We absolutely need to make it clear now. Banners, chants, whatever it takes. We have televised games coming up, and we need to leave the worldwide audience in no doubt that this league is ****ing corrupt.
The answer is tennis balls - loads appearing from the stands not all at the same time- each time we have a poor decision against us next week flood the pitch 1 stand at a time - that might get noticed because TV can avoid showing banners and also turn the sound down to chants that contain rude words. Didn't it work for Sheffield Wednesday in stopping the game laat week. Would love to see Jeff chucking one on as well. Its non-violent plus helps out struggling sports shops

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's self perpetuating. The more they go against us the more we moan and the more the refs get punished. The more refs get punished the more they hate us and go against us. Repeat. I don't know how we're gonna break the cycle.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It's self perpetuating. The more they go against us the more we moan and the more the refs get punished. The more refs get punished the more they hate us and go against us. Repeat. I don't know how we're gonna break the cycle.
Started with nuno

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we make a massive thing about the corruption against Spurs.

Banners, chants, protests, whatever the hell it takes.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I‘be thought something stunk since this incident.

Mike Dean was the ref that day I believe, who has since openly spoke about putting his colleagues reputation before what is or might be the correct decision, which in turn is an admittance to being untrustworthy.

It’s not going to even itself out.

IMG_0603.jpeg

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What seriously makes me think something else is in play is its not just the big decisions. Today yes that was the case but against the powerful teams we don't get anything 50/50, I've seen so many cards given, set pieces of all descriptions go against us almost inexplicably. Or maybe it's just me looking to play the victim.

Back
Top Bottom