Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s gathering

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time is the coach expected?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Pics of fans already gathering. Daz Hale there as well.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Co have made an enormous decision to remove Nuno. Emotions will be very high but the wisdom of that move truly remains to be seen. I don't think we can reasonably assess it until a good way through next season.

I have my own scepticism about fosun, but sacking Nuno shouldn't immediately be justification for opposition or abuse.

D

Deleted member 4456

Shi and Co have made an enormous decision to remove Nuno. Emotions will be very high but the wisdom of that move truly remains to be seen. I don't think we can reasonably assess it until a good way through next season.

I have my own scepticism about fosun, but sacking Nuno shouldn't immediately be justification for opposition or abuse.
It's a huge, perhaps even controversial decision, but it was taken with the best interests of the club in mind. As far as they're concerned, results and performances haven't been up to scratch and a decision needed to be made. They know that Nuno is popular; they wouldn't have taken this decision on the hoof.

superwolves

Reaction score
Nuno is still the manager and best man for the job lets hope the love and appreciation hes gonna get can hopefully make a difference to the decisions that have been made and make everyone think again

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did wonder if it could end up being an uncomfortable afternoon for Jeff with the emotions running high.
If it had somehow evaded Jeff's attention that Nuno was adored by a great many people, it won't be something he's unaware of by the end of this afternoon! Many (most?) fans have a far greater attachment to Nuno than they do to Fosun.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arriving shortly (also to the game) and I’m feeling excited but nervous at the same time.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Was he fired? I assumed he's leaving for personal reasons?

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a huge, perhaps even controversial decision, but it was taken with the best interests of the club in mind. As far as they're concerned, results and performances haven't been up to scratch and a decision needed to be made. They know that Nuno is popular; they wouldn't have taken this decision on the hoof.
I agree. There's no way to tell how successful this decision will be, so it's best to reserve judgement until we have some good evidence.

But I don't believe that the decision has been made for any reason other than improving the club. Could be a terrible misstep and their priorities could change in the future, but I'm not convinced we're deliberately cutting costs from a lack of ambition.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

If it had somehow evaded Jeff's attention that Nuno was adored by a great many people, it won't be something he's unaware of by the end of this afternoon! Many (most?) fans have a far greater attachment to Nuno than they do to Fosun.
It’s still counterproductive to slate FOSUN as they are the ones who ultimately make the decisions.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was he fired? I assumed he's leaving for personal reasons?
Presumptuous of me. Spiers article says it was a mutual decision, but ultimately initiated by Fosun. National papers more comfortable with the term sacked. No media sources saying that Nuno initiated this due to personal reasons, although that was my assumption too when the news broke.

For my money, I buy the Spiers line that Nuno was considering leaving and Fosun wanted to move in a new direction.

D

Deleted member 4456

I agree. There's no way to tell how successful this decision will be, so it's best to reserve judgement until we have some good evidence.

But I don't believe that the decision has been made for any reason other than improving the club. Could be a terrible misstep and their priorities could change in the future, but I'm not convinced we're deliberately cutting costs from a lack of ambition.
I don't understand this cost-cutting angle people are taking. If we wanted to cut costs, why would we pay off a manager and his whole coaching team, only to then bring in a new manager and coaching team? It's a bizarre argument, to my mind.

Back
Top Bottom