Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say so they’ve got a really tough run in.

They have. Leeds also do though. Look at their next 4. Be surprised if they take more than a point from that.

If in the meantime Everton gets results against Watford and Brentford...

R

reanswolf

Everton had 2 close penalty claims if you ask me. If it had been the other way round, they would have been given. Certainly the 2nd one.
You can see how the big boys get the advantage, the ref actually looked terrified to give a penalty for the 2nd one and just froze because he didn't know what else to do but was too scared to give it.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Results today bring Dirty Leeds back into play for a relegation spot and they’ve got some tough games still to come

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton had 2 close penalty claims if you ask me. If it had been the other way round, they would have been given. Certainly the 2nd one.
You can see how the big boys get the advantage, the ref actually looked terrified to give a penalty for the 2nd one and just froze because he didn't know what else to do but was too scared to give it.
2nd was stonewall and would have been given at the other end.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures. Everton are actually going to go aren't they.
They are truly up the creek if they do.

New stadium they’ve got to pay for, highly paid players with no relegation clauses in their contract. I’m sure I read they’d need to raise £50 million to avoid FFP which would suggest a fire sale, which in turn raises questions about what squad they’ll have in august. Pound to a piece of **** they’ve not been scouting players for a season in the championship

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine making an attacking substitution when it's nil nil

Imagine having Origi as a sub to bring on when your struggling a bit. Let alone the likes of Mahrez and Grealish. Even Jota is on the bench sometimes and used if needed. Makes it a lot easier than when your first team is struggling against some Man Mountain Defence and your bench is some under -18s, a competition winner and a couple of garden gnomes you bought from your last Portugese holiday.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference between a good and great manager. Not just knowing when to make a change but who to bring in within it.

Instant impact. Games completely change now Liverpool have more of a focal point. We'd have taken a full back off like for like.
I think Liverpools squad is slightly better than ours to be fair.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is where the true bias really exists. The knowledge that giving a decision like that would result in scrutiny on every platform for weeks on end. So if there's any excuse not to give it, they'll find it.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Carragher just said the Gordon one in the 2nd half was a definite penalty.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
A foul is a foul and a penalty is a penalty. The fact that Everton don’t get it but Liverpool would is just wrong.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carragher just said the Gordon one in the 2nd half was a definite penalty.

I stopped watching it not long after that incident. There is no point watching if there is always going to be a bias towards one of the teams. The fact the ref didn't get called over to the monitor to view both the Mane incident and that penalty was enough to tell me the officials have been given instructions to prioritise the title race over anything else. You could guarantee that if it was still 0-0 in the final 10 minutes, the ref would intervene.

Then you have the Sky jizz fest over Liverpool. I really hope we spoil their party on the final day, but you know all key decisions will be going Liverpool's way that game.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Leeds still makes me angry. That's both the angriest and most indifferent I've been to football since Man City's retaken penalty at Molineux.

Ive never liked Leeds so I wouldn't mind them going down. I do, however, think it would be incredibly funny if Everton go down.

Not to mention Leeds are garbage and will be bottom 6 next season, whereas Everton could conceivably catapult themselves back into the top half if they survive this season and then make some shrewd moves.

Then again, Palace are nailed on to win if I watch. I am their good luck charm

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentators making out like this has been a really captivating watch.

I don't think there's been a vaguely significant chance yet and we're 65 mins in.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful game
Like watching a lower league game
Run around like headless chickens with absolutely no quality

Similar Leicester v Villa at the weekend. Abysmal match, made us v Burnley look like a Champions league final. :D It must be difficult for the "Other 14" to get motivated at this end of the season, when it's clear the first 6 places have already been decided exactly as usual.

Just when you think things can get no worse for us, you realise most of the league turns in stinkers worse than ours, which is why we are above them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think Leeds could go here.

They're not very good and Ted has seemed to get a lot of luck.

Worried about the Chelsea game as it comes a few days before the cup final but if Leeds lose the next three, which they should on paper, then they'll be firmly in it ahead of Brighton (H) and Brentford (A) which are tricky, especially when the pressure will be on.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think Leeds could go here.

They're not very good and Ted has seemed to get a lot of luck.

Worried about the Chelsea game as it comes a few days before the cup final but if Leeds lose the next three, which they should on paper, then they'll be firmly in it ahead of Brighton (H) and Brentford (A) which are tricky, especially when the pressure will be on.
Think Leeds will be fine to be honest.
Probably only need another point.
On paper you'd have them to lose their next 3 but I think they will get a draw against arsenal or Chelsea if not theyl pick up something from the last 2.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interview with Robbie Keane about his time at Wolves on MNF now.

Does anyone remember hearing much about him before the 1997/98 season? Obviously we had nowhere near as much insight into everything then as we do now.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interview with Robbie Keane about his time at Wolves on MNF now.

Does anyone remember hearing much about him before the 1997/98 season? Obviously we had nowhere near as much insight into everything then as we do now.
Different (better?) times, no internet stuff back then so heard very little. Remember reading in the express and star how good he’d been in the youth team and was skipping the reserves to go straight into the first team for the first game of the season at Norwich.
He was ****ing brilliant that day best player on the pitch by miles.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different (better?) times, no internet stuff back then so heard very little. Remember reading in the express and star how good he’d been in the youth team and was skipping the reserves to go straight into the first team for the first game of the season at Norwich.
He was ****ing brilliant that day best player on the pitch by miles.
Wish we could of hung on to him longer I would of loved to of seen Wolves in the prem with him and for me football has changed since the 00s & 90s a lot too much maybe

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish we could of hung on to him longer I would of loved to of seen Wolves in the prem with him and for me football has changed since the 00s & 90s a lot too much maybe

Football has indeed changed a lot in the last twenty years, and in my opinion, not for the better..

Regarding Robbie Keane, imagine him being around when Bully was at his best. That would have been a front two to match most in the country.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still more exciting to watch than our games!! Serious question……do you not think we should be more worried about next season than Palace???
Depends, when you overhaul a team like we could it comes with risks it takes time to implement a new system and dynamic

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few 'ifs' involved, but if Nottingham Forest beat Fulham tonight, and Swansea beat Bournemouth then the remaining automatic promotion place could be interesting. Particularly as Bournemouth and Forest play each other next Tuesday.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few 'ifs' involved, but if Nottingham Forest beat Fulham tonight, and Swansea beat Bournemouth then the remaining automatic promotion place could be interesting. Particularly as Bournemouth and Forest play each other next Tuesday.

I like Forest, always have. Precious few English clubs I can say that about. Fingers crossed for them, but can't see Bournemouth throwing it away now, sadly.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City are so, so good. Way better than Liverpool on their day imo.

The atmosphere at the Etihad though baffles me. Only ever went to Maine Road just a few times but each time found it really quite intimidating. A proper ground with proper fans. The Etihad though, especially on what should be huge European evenings is awful. It really is bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom