Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time Travel Back To Watch One Wolves Player

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you could travel back in time to watch one Wolves player again who would it be?

Personally it would be Peter Knowles. Didn't realise he would be around for such a short time.

(One non Wolves player - Stanley Matthews - was he as good as he seems? One non footballer - Harold Larwood during the bodyline tour).

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50s Wolves for obv reasons (sorry not specific)

Marco Van Basten @ Milano

Maradona @ Napoli

1982 Brazil to watch Zico & Socrates

1950/60s Garrincha

Bully in 88/9

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derek Dougan. I was 3 when he left Wolves so never got to see him.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing I was a 1997 baby: it has to be Stephen George Bull MBE!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broadbent and Flowers.

Wow.

Non-Wolves? Italy winning the 1982 World Cup. For me the finest display of man-marking (literally, in Gentile's case) ever

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully. Only saw him play once, for Hereford. I can remember going past the old Mol on the bus but never went, so would love to experience that too. Div 4 maybe. (Is that bad? Should I want to see us Vs Honved instead?)

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully. Only saw him play once, for Hereford. I can remember going past the old Mol on the bus but never went, so would love to experience that too. Div 4 maybe. (Is that bad? Should I want to see us Vs Honved instead?)
Always thought 88/89 was absolute prime Bully

Got a hattrick in three consecutive home games. Bonkers times

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was younger spent a period in the family enclosure with my dad and younger brother and one game we were stood talking to one of my dads friends who happened to have an old wolves shirt on with Munro on the back, we then had a wheelchair bound chap tugging at my dads shirt trying to get their attention before the guy pushing the wheelchair asked why my dads friend had Munro on the back before he replied growing up Frank Munro was my idol. It was Frank in the wheel chair, he was sat next to us for the game and several after it but could still see his love for the game and wolves.

I only got to see him during his later years battling illness and would love to be able to have seen him in his prime

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I remember rightly in about November he scored something like 4:3:2:3:4 in consecutive games, one being Sherpa Van. I think we scored 6 in two consecutive home games or twice in the month and won the other scoring 5. I remember beating Mansfield 6:2 and going up on the train and thinking it was going to be hard game as they were top 6 in division at the time.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derek Dougan. I was 3 when he left Wolves so never got to see him.
I saw him play a lot and was fortunate to have two separate lengthy conversations with him. I absolutely loved the man both as a player and a human being. I have a signed copy of his novel 'The Footballer' which is a treasured possession. He also introduced me to Malcolm Finlayson, who was with him during our second meeting.

Taken far too soon. RIP Doog

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Been watching Wolves for 50+ years and it has to be Bully all day long. Transformed the clubs fortunes and to watch him tear teams apart with grit/speed/aggression and no fear was so uplifting in those dark days - He is the Messiah !!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing I was a 1997 baby: it has to be Stephen George Bull MBE!
Bloody kiddy, lol. Seriously, while you make me feel positively geriatric, you missed some good times but also some bloody awful ones. Bully in his prime was one of the former - his England debut....

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember it like it was yesterday. He got 4 as we beat Preston 6-0, 4 as we beat Port Vale 5-1 and 3 as we beat Mansfield 6-2. Probably peak Bully mania

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peter Broadbent. 497 appearances and 145 goals. So many fine players in those 50s sides but arguably he was the greatest of them all.

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score
Bully must’ve been on some run getting called up for England in the 3rd div? Would’ve loved to have followed him up and down the land but only remember his testimonial.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peter Knowles for me, just missed out on him, told so many times about how he could have been the greatest player we ever had.
Sorry cant find a smaller clip but look from around 7.27

Peter Knowles performed this in a league game against Leicester City at what was the South Bank end.
Leicester player had no clue the ball had gone over his head and was left standing looking into space as Knowles waltzed around him to collect the ball.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry cant find a smaller clip but look from around 7.27

Peter Knowles performed this in a league game against Leicester City at what was the South Bank end.
Leicester player had no clue the ball had gone over his head and was left standing looking into space as Knowles waltzed around him to collect the ball.
hibbit said he had a trick where he appeared to have lost the ball but had put backspin on it so the ball rolled back to him

Back
Top Bottom