Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time to recall some loan players

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are now going to have to recall some of our players out on loan to cover the covid and injury problems along with Saiss going to AFCON.

We will need a bigger squad to cope with covid outbreaks and our never ending injury issues. Hwang ruled out until February, Boly no time limit on return and Jonny, Mosquera and Neto wont be back playing for a while yet.

For me the club should immediately recall MGW, Sanderson, Giles, Corbeanu, and Gomes. All will offer better cover and ack up than our current u23's and we can then re assess at the end of January.

In MGW's case I would play him and keep him here and I would have Giles compete full time for the left wing back slot with RAN and move Marcal to a full time centre back. Corbeanu and Gomes could be assessed by Bruno and used off the bench.

I think if we fail to recall some of these players then we will be in difficulties in January with any covid outbreaks and injuries and have too many games potentially called off.

I am not saying all these players are the answer but we need more depth for the coming weeks and these lads would offer better depth than our current u23's apart from Cundle.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't want that many of them back. I don't want toti gomes back as he makes too many mistakes at grasshoppers.
Bring back sanderson and gibbs white. Possibly bolla if we are loaning out hoever.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Wolves site…

We currently have six confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the first-team, which has led to the postponement of our fixture against Arsenal.

We hope some of those players will be well enough to return for our game against Manchester United on 3rd January, and our operations team have arranged a deep clean of the Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground to try to prevent further infection.

In terms of injuries, we expect Rayan Ait-Nouri to re-join team training soon after a groin injury kept him out of the games against Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea.

Willy Boly has a calf injury and unfortunately cannot currently join up with Ivory Coast for the African Cup of Nations. A decision on his return to play will be made as we assess his progress over the next few weeks, whilst he rehabilitates at Compton.

Hee Chan Hwang sustained a hamstring injury in the win over Brighton and is expected to return to play in February.

Yerson Mosquera has recently been cleared of Covid-19 and will be looking to return to training in February after his long-term hamstring injury.

We are pleased to confirm that Jonny is close to being able to join in team training after his serious knee injury last April.

Finally, Pedro Neto will return to Compton from Portugal in the New Year to continue his good progress.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If we bring loads back do we put ourselves in the position of having to play them when the game would have beem postponed? We don't want a massive backlog, but don't think we're there yet. A bit of a kneejerk to bring loads back if they'll just sit on the bench for a month and then not even that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last time we recalled loan players didn't work well, did it? It gives an air of panic that we don't need. I'd rather leave MGW where he is for the full season, than bring him back and ruin his development *again* by giving him 15 minutes here and there in the wrong position.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this on top of all the new signings we will be making... ;) ?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have a recall option for Leo bonatini?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leo will be out of contract in june and is on a 2 year loan to grasshoppers. Not sure if we could recall him.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the Wolves site…

We currently have six confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the first-team, which has led to the postponement of our fixture against Arsenal.

We hope some of those players will be well enough to return for our game against Manchester United on 3rd January, and our operations team have arranged a deep clean of the Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground to try to prevent further infection.

In terms of injuries, we expect Rayan Ait-Nouri to re-join team training soon after a groin injury kept him out of the games against Brighton & Hove Albion and Chelsea.

Willy Boly has a calf injury and unfortunately cannot currently join up with Ivory Coast for the African Cup of Nations. A decision on his return to play will be made as we assess his progress over the next few weeks, whilst he rehabilitates at Compton.

Hee Chan Hwang sustained a hamstring injury in the win over Brighton and is expected to return to play in February.

Yerson Mosquera has recently been cleared of Covid-19 and will be looking to return to training in February after his long-term hamstring injury.

We are pleased to confirm that Jonny is close to being able to join in team training after his serious knee injury last April.

Finally, Pedro Neto will return to Compton from Portugal in the New Year to continue his good progress.
The training ground should have been deep cleaned at the end of every training session.
Also high touchpoint areas should be cleaned hourly.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under current rules we're better off with a smaller squad

I'd rather postpone games than have to play a midfield of say Dendoncker and Cundle because Neves & Moutinho have COVID.
Great point and some of us have been thinking this. I want the january 3rd game postponed so we have two weeks to decide where the incomings will come from.

Whilst we wait for incomings let's get the injured lads back.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we bring loads back do we put ourselves in the position of having to play them when the game would have beem postponed? We don't want a massive backlog, but don't think we're there yet. A bit of a kneejerk to bring loads back if they'll just sit on the bench for a month and then not even that.
Postpone all the games until we have neto and otto back.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Wolves site…

Thanks.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under current rules we're better off with a smaller squad

I'd rather postpone games than have to play a midfield of say Dendoncker and Cundle because Neves & Moutinho have COVID.
Yeah, you could argue it would actually be better to sit tight and decide if we need to recall them at the end of January rather than now.

At most we’d lose 3 more league games to postponements (although it’s unlikely it’d be that many) where as recalling these players would leave us in a position where we may end up being able to fulfill our fixtures but only because we have a far weakened team.

We should only bring players back we’d be happy to start for a run of games (so probably only MGW realistically).

Yes a fixture pileup isn’t ideal, but bringing in bodies so we can lose 3 games instead isn’t necessarily a better option.

If at the end of the window the squad is still short as we haven’t made the right additions then that’s the time to decide on recalling players in my view.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me we need MGW back along with Sanderson. I'd play MGW from the start as well. Freshen things up a bit. The three I would bring back would be MGW, Sanderson and Giles. All could easily get minutes in the next month. To leave the squad too small leaves us at risk of postponed games and a big backlog of games at some stage. The club need to learn lessons that the squad is too small. Bruno clearly knows it. How many times are we getting a really weak looking bench and 2 keepers on the bench? Far too often in my opinion. If the club arent signing players then we need some of these lads back at the club and use them or risk having a bench full of untried kids.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me we need MGW back along with Sanderson. I'd play MGW from the start as well. Freshen things up a bit. The three I would bring back would be MGW, Sanderson and Giles. All could easily get minutes in the next month. To leave the squad too small leaves us at risk of postponed games and a big backlog of games at some stage. The club need to learn lessons that the squad is too small. Bruno clearly knows it. How many times are we getting a really weak looking bench and 2 keepers on the bench? Far too often in my opinion. If the club arent signing players then we need some of these lads back at the club and use them or risk having a bench full of untried kids.
I don't think we necessarily need to freshen things up with us being 8, although I'd bring back Sanderson for cover.

Hwang out til Feb is a blow.

Back
Top Bottom