Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been a member and a regular poster since mol mix was part of the express and star website so numerous years. I’ve been a wolves supporter for 50 years and a regular for 45 years, I was named after my dads fav player. So I’ve been around along time.

This forum has become so negative recently I no longer wish to be part of it. 2 games into a managers term under very difficult circumstances and people are already calling him a PE teacher and he’s out of his depth. Well he proved last season that he most certainly isn’t. It’s a pity the so called supporters can’t get behind him and show this pack mentality the club goes on about and some can’t wait for us to lose so they can jump on here and gloat.
I want GON to be a massive success which means the team is punching above it’s weight. Lop who I have no time for because of the way he treated us the last few weeks knew he was into a loser, yet after losing to one of the biggest clubs in the world in very unfortunate manner and then to a top8 team the knives are out.
The reality is if our players had taken their chances we’d be on at least 3pts now.

Anyway good luck with this forum and I hope the mentality changes.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been a member and a regular poster since mol mix was part of the express and star website so numerous years. I’ve been a wolves supporter for 50 years and a regular for 45 years, I was named after my dads fav player. So I’ve been around along time.

This forum has become so negative recently I no longer wish to be part of it. 2 games into a managers term under very difficult circumstances and people are already calling him a PE teacher and he’s out of his depth. Well he proved last season that he most certainly isn’t. It’s a pity the so called supporters can’t get behind him and show this pack mentality the club goes on about and some can’t wait for us to lose so they can jump on here and gloat.
I want GON to be a massive success which means the team is punching above it’s weight. Lop who I have no time for because of the way he treated us the last few weeks knew he was into a loser, yet after losing to one of the biggest clubs in the world in very unfortunate manner and then to a top8 team the knives are out.
The reality is if our players had taken their chances we’d be on at least 3pts now.

It would be a shame for you to leave.. maybe for your own enjoyment, come onto the forum when we win (or play well at a big club) and stay clear when we lose.

Even when things are going well it’s toxic when we lose.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that many people are very negative because, ironically, they were so positive at the end of last season. We had a damned good manager who worked miracles to keep us up and seemed to know exactly what we required to challenge for Europe.

Instead of doing that the ownership starved him of resources and frankly appeared to lie to that manager repeatedly. Little if anything was done to improve the team but the squad was seriously hollowed out.

Even then many of us were positive after the Rennes friendly. Within a week the manager was gone and frankly the replacement chosen was cheap but far from cheerful. To be clear l am not blaming GON in any way. I am blaming the owners and the whole club heirarchy.

Ticket prices were increased again, nothing has been spent on the team, Molineux looks ever more like a ramshackle hovel.... Given all of that and the managerial thing which utterly destroyed optimism for many why the heck would you expect positivity?

I repeat that l don't blame GON for that. I do though reserve the right to criticise awful decisions like those made at HT yesterday or indeed the almost Saunders-level post-match interview.

Last edited:

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that many people are very negative because, ironically, they were so positive at the end of last season. We had a damned good manager who worked miracles to keep us up and seemed to know exactly what we required to challenge for Europe.

Instead of doing that the ownership starved him of resources and frankly appeared to lie to that manager repeatedly. Little if anything was done to improve the team but the squad was seriously hollowed out.

Even then many of us were positive after the Rennes friendly. Within a week the manager was gone and frankly the replacement chosen was cheap but far from cheerful. To be clear l am not blaming GON in any way. I am blaming the owners and the whole club heirarchy.

Ticket prices were increased again, nothing has been spent on the team, Molineux looks ever more like a ramshackle hovel.... Given all of that and the managerial thing which utterly destroyed optimism for many why the heck would you expect positivity?

I repeat that l don't blame GON for that. I do though reserve the right to criticise awful decisions like those made at HT yesterday or indeed the almost Saunders-level post-match interview.
Spot on

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep. We’ve spent the last six months discussing who we’re going to sign and getting all excited. We then find out there’s bugger all money but at least Julen is staying. We walk out of the Rennes game all excited after a superb performance. Then two days later we find out Julen is leaving and be replaced by a bloke who’s managed 37 games and was sacked by Bournemouth. It’s no wonder we’re depressed and negative.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. We’ve spent the last six months discussing who we’re going to sign and getting all excited. We then find out there’s bugger all money but at least Julen is staying. We walk out of the Rennes game all excited after a superb performance. Then two days later we find out Julen is leaving and be replaced by a bloke who’s managed 37 games and was sacked by Bournemouth. It’s no wonder we’re depressed and negative.
You’re depressed and negative because you are a Wolves fan. Goes with the territory.
Empathise with Taffywolf.
It’s not necessarily the negativity that gets me. It’s the absurdity of some of the posts. I wonder what goes on in some peoples heads.
But it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion however bizarre they are.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I challenge any poster to say that at the end of last season they'd ever dream, even in their worst nightmare that we'd start this season ditching JL, appointing G'On, selling over £90m of talent and signing a goalie everyone prays will never play and Doc.

Time for Ian Drury Reasons to be cheerful part 3.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And be bottom of the Premier League on the second Saturday of the new season!

Oh, hang on a minute, I forgot, most of the Mixers would have predicted it.

Thank heavens Everton got hammered earlier. Reason To Be Cheerful Part 1. :)

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I challenge any poster to say that at the end of last season they'd ever dream, even in their worst nightmare that we'd start this season ditching JL, appointing G'On, selling over £90m of talent and signing a goalie everyone prays will never play and Doc.

Time for Ian Drury Reasons to be cheerful part 3.
Wolves, only Wolves.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re depressed and negative because you are a Wolves fan. Goes with the territory.
Empathise with Taffywolf.
It’s not necessarily the negativity that gets me. It’s the absurdity of some of the posts. I wonder what goes on in some peoples heads.
But it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion however bizarre they are.
If we all towed the club line all of the time and were of the same opinion, there'd be no point in this forum, surely?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that Wolves fans (and other clubs' fans for that matter) are any more negative than they were 20, 30, 50 years ago. The difference is that there were no social media back then. Give people a digital foghorn to make public their opinions and they will use it. That's the only difference.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are so right and can’t blame you
The negativity at times is a joke

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The majority of the replies are fair in their comments. I was so optimistic after Rennes, although we hadn't signed anyone, it looked good. Wolves have then done what wolves do and destroyed it all. Championship is calling for another multi year stint.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s what the OP meant. I took it he was tired of the constant OTT negativity.
Fair enough, but I don't wanna see anybody leave.
I love the eclectic mix of personalities and opinions on here, though admittedly it sometimes gets heated and can border on getting a little personal.
Ultimately we all want the same thing though, success for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are so right and can’t blame you
The negativity at times is a joke
Yesterday guys in South Bank were saying duIng first half how much more they enjoyed watching attacking football and maybe losing 5-2 than 1-0, same guys who left at 3-0. End of game only person in my row still there at end of game. So pray tell causes for optimism and are you happy with our close season activities?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that Wolves fans (and other clubs' fans for that matter) are any more negative than they were 20, 30, 50 years ago. The difference is that there were no social media back then. Give people a digital foghorn to make public their opinions and they will use it. That's the only difference.
True enough. I’ve had same group of friends for a long time. The only thing we ever argue about is football

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

…there was a player called Taffywolf?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See ya then.
If you don’t want to be part of it then just disappear. No need for the oh woh is me posts.
Yes there’s negativity now because of the state of the club. Get a few wins and the mood changes. Trust me I know as I’ve been around here for absolute years in one guise or another.

True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom