Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time for legal advice and action v PGMOL

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for the club & fans to put the pressure on.

CLEAR CORRUPTION.

The FA need to address these issues.

It’s not 1 bad decision it’s every single game we’re playing. There are big match changing decisions going against us!!

Happens next week. Take the players off the pitch and abandon the game. That will show them

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I don't know about corruption or legal action but what I do know is that the cowards hide behind clear and obvious nonsense. They don't want to throw their mates under the bus when they clearly have got the decision wrong.

It is bringing the game into disrepute. Its spoiling the game, its all about VAR now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't bother mate. See Newcastle v Arsenal ( and countless others). It's not corruption ,it's not against us per se. It's general **** referees and even ****ter folk in the VAR box.
Match fixing. They want certain teams to win. Using VAR to influence games

Time to raid the houses of Howard Webb, Mike Dean and so on

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same evidence they had for for the Newcastle Goal against Arsenal... None.. Still a goal though :laughing:

So you're telling me that referees and courts of law have different standards of proof?!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The way things are going, I’d actually be surprised if one of the clubs doesn’t raise a restructure of PGMOL at one of the regular Premier League Board meetings during the season. There might even be a groundswell of support now with the likes of Klopp and Arteta joining the ranks of vociferous critics. Clubs need to give 28 days notice to add an item to the agenda for the next meeting and 14 or more clubs would have to vote in favour of any proposed changes.

For me, there’s absolutely no good reason why the same group of officials should be in the VAR studio grading their mates’ work and this increases the scope for covering each others’ backs at best and corruption at worst. Too often, on the pitch decisions aren’t over-turned because officials on VAR don’t want to put their mates in a tricky spot and we get fed the ‘it wasn’t a clear and obvious error’ BS. If it was an independent set of officials on VAR, they’d be much more inclined to ask the on-field ref to watch the screen again and hold his feet to the flames more but we barely ever see this happen currently.

For me, I also don’t think the VAR officials should be announced in advance of games as they are now as it increases the risk of corruption, perceived or otherwise. For weekend games, I’d be making sure VAR officials report into Stockley Park in the morning, hand in their phones and get randomly assigned games shortly before kick-off to improve perception of integrity.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
VAR should be scrapped
Should never have been introduced in its present form.

On field ref should be in complete control. Makes decision. Manager on sidelines has 10s to decide whether to challenge a decision (goal, penalty, red card. offside, corner, throw-in, whatever). Allowed ONE incorrect challenge each half.

NO Stockley Park
NO 'drawing lines'
NO super slo-mo
NO PGMOL intervention
NO Howard Webb

Just ref goes to monitor and watches incident being challenged and HE decides if on reflection he sticks or changes. HE decides if an error has been made. And then HE lives with the consequences if subsequent analysis after the game shows he was pig-headed and wouldn't;t change an obvious error ... and then gets sacked - or at least suspended for a month.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would love us to take a stand and walk of the pitch, or refuse to play. I know some will fundamentally disagree with that, and that’s fair enough, but personally I would be proud of us to be the club that takes a stand to this nonsense.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve already started to ask people to go to Stockley park and protest with everyone wearing Wolves shirts, just 2 coachloads (100) should do the trick
It’s just an office building but anyone can get access to the area as such. Industrial estate / business park…

Good idea more people go down there the better

This would get some media attention

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cool. What evidence you got of corruption?

Don't bother mate. See Newcastle v Arsenal ( and countless others). It's not corruption ,it's not against us per se. It's general **** referees and even ****ter folk in the VAR box.

There is enough evidence of bias in decisions against certain clubs, in the balance of serious officiating errors in games involving those clubs, Wolves being a prime example, to warrant an investigation.

A few hold onto the view that it’s the same rubbish for all teams. But it’s not is it? I’m not saying Wolves are alone being on the receiving end of bad decisions, or that Wolves games are the only ones which have these rubbish decisions. What I am saying, is that in the case of Wolves games, there is a statistically significantly higher number of serious errors against Wolves than against the team we were playing. If it were just general incompetence, then our opponents would occasionally be on the receiving end and get an apology or referee demotion as well, but that simply hasn’t been the case. When that’s been consistently the case for more than a year, involving half a dozen incidents, then the odds of it being bad luck simply rise too high for that to be credible.

Whether it’s conscious or unconscious bias will be hard to prove without legal access to the audio between officials, emails and other documentation within PGMOL, and testimony from current and former employees in the FA and PGMOL specifically. Such an investigation may also determine whether it’s more than simple bias, such as conspiracy amongst officials, whether for gain or not. As for believing that it’s simply too fantastic to imagine referees getting caught up in an actual conspiracy, then just look across UEFA and FIFA to see examples of conspiracy and corruption, sometimes involving the national association and their referees. I’m not saying that’s the case here, simply pointing out that there are precedents in football not that far away and not that long ago.

Now how such an investigation might actually be formed, and who might be involved, well that’s for one or more clubs to determine.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s just an office building but anyone can get access to the area as such. Industrial estate / business park…

Good idea more people go down there the better

This would get some media attention

Non-descript building but easy enough to locate. Just look for the one with the big brown paper recycling bin

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be fully behind the team walking off pitch the next time the refs stupidity is on full display.
And then we would face a massive fine and even a points eduction!

The right way imo is an official complaint via the right channels, to PGMOL and the FA.

Match officials and VAR are seriously ruining my love of the great game. Fans can expect the odd decision to go against their team over a season of 38 games, but we have had 4 in 11 games!

No one can convince me that was a penalty against Newcastle and no one can convince me that was a penalty today. No one can convince me it was a penalty v Luton and no one can convince me we shouldn’t have had a penalty v Yanited. Not sour grapes, just rational thinking, having seen the evidence and reviewing it over and over again.

VAR and the people operating it are not fit for purpose. Howard Webb and his cronies can just disappear imo. Let’s get AI to officiate matches in the future, eh!

We are talking about incompetent officials earning thousands a week under false pretences and it’s getting worse.

I watched the Newcastle v Arsenal match tonight and no way should Newcastles winning goal by Antony Gordon have been allowed. Forget whether the ball went out of play, forget the possible foul by Joelinton. Gordon was offside by the rules of the offside law. Saw Arteta interviewed after the match and he is having a right go and I don’t blame him. Pundits saying the same about their game and ours.

Football in this country is going down the drain because of human incompetence and absolutely nothing is being done to stop it!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sympathy vote on motd again. It’s becoming a familiar tune
Personally I am sick to death of var ****e and sick of being on the wrong end.

But, Fabio had three chances to welly it clear. The first fresh air shot was the worst and he has to do better there

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then we would face a massive fine and even a points eduction!

The right way imo is an official complaint via the right channels, to PGMOL and the FA.

Match officials and VAR are seriously ruining my love of the great game. Fans can expect the odd decision to go against their team over a season of 38 games, but we have had 4 in 11 games!

No one can convince me that was a penalty against Newcastle and no one can convince me that was a penalty today. No one can convince me it was a penalty v Luton and no one can convince me we shouldn’t have had a penalty v Yanited. Not sour grapes, just rational thinking, having seen the evidence and reviewing it over and over again.

VAR and the people operating it are not fit for purpose. Howard Webb and his cronies can just disappear imo. Let’s get AI to officiate matches in the future, eh!

We are talking about incompetent officials earning thousands a week under false pretences and it’s getting worse.

I watched the Newcastle v Arsenal match tonight and no way should Newcastles winning goal by Antony Gordon have been allowed. Forget whether the ball went out of play, forget the possible foul by Joelinton. Gordon was offside by the rules of the offside law. Saw Arteta interviewed after the match and he is having a right go and I don’t blame him. Pundits saying the same about their game and ours.

Football in this country is going down the drain because of human incompetence and absolutely nothing is being done to stop it!
There should be ex players in the var room to advise. The two penalties should both have been sent to the monitor at least .

Two yellow cards for dives.

I would love to see diving in the opposition’s box rewarded with a penalty against the diver

Won’t go down as quick then if it costs a yellow and a pen against . In fact it would stop it overnight just like a few pens given for shirts holding made defenders think pretty quick

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should be ex players in the var room to advise. The two penalties should both have been sent to the monitor at least .

Two yellow cards for dives.

I would love to see diving in the opposition’s box rewarded with a penalty against the diver

Won’t go down as quick then if it costs a yellow and a pen against . In fact it would stop it overnight just like a few pens given for shirts holding made defenders think pretty quick
Murphy jjst said two yellow cards too

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All 4 of our **** decisions this season have been given by the on field referee.

Their pals in the VAR box have then stuck with their mate’s decisions. Just as Mike Dean has already testified to not wanting to go against his mate in the middle, so yes it’s incompetent but it also corrupt.

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been trying to rationalise a conspiracy. What could any reasons be to suggest something exists, why target Wolves?

if its to protect the big 6 - well we are not a threat anymore, also that theory would need other 'non-big' clubs to be getting a raw deal (Brighton, Villa etc).

So, all I can think of is it is because we have Chinese owners - this could be FA or UK Govs desire to remove Chinese onwership, but they own lots and lots of 'stuff' in the UK, the real danger there is espionage, of which owning a football team doesnt give much opportunity. (in my view - UK gov as a whole, not rogue individuals, arent capable of any kind of conspiracy they arent capable of running whats in the open, let alone something nefarious).

So, lets look at 'the refs'., well, Howard Webb went to Saudi Arabia in between his involvement in the Premier League. Does his time/relationship with this state have any bearing? Do they have a strategy of which Wolves or Chinese owneship do not fit in? Looking at the decision Newcastle got today could suggest they are getting preferential treatment. SA are the current villians of the football world and have recently managed to get the 2034 World Cup, unopposed..)

(ps, I dont think any of the above is true. i think it is just sheer total ineptitude and massive incompetence. Little men who were rubbish at football themselves getting into power and getting it all wrong. Pathetic individuals pouring over laws (like its 'the law'?! - why not rules?). The kid who stood next to the PE teacher at school with their own whistle and wrote all of the scores down. Lunatics running the asylum).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Murphy jjst said two yellow cards too
I couldn’t bring myself to watch MOTD tonight.

Totally fed up listening to pundits who know more about football than the people who operate it and ruin it. It’s like me riding a pedigree racehorse imo. No idea, but I’ll be well paid!

Let’s get more experienced, respected ex pros and managers involved imo. Just how many referees and VAR officials have ever played professional football?

Back
Top Bottom