Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ticket Priority Scheme

Linwolf

Reaction score
After I didn't renew my ST for last season, I opted to join the TPS instead.

This required a £50 joining fee plus the allocation of 7 match tickets. These gave me a guaranteed seat at matches, in a fairly crap seat it has to be said, with my first being the cracker against QPR.

I have today received the renewal offer, with the same joining fee of £50 and the same 7 match allocation, albeit with not so quite attractive opposition.

Since no doubt it will be possible to effectively pick and choose any game anyway (as it was in the prem as it turned out) there seems little point to this scheme, and of course paying for the privilege, so I will not be renewing.

What are other TPS users going to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don`t blame you.
I joined years ago when we went up under David Jones and ended up in a corner flank of the SB which wasn`t a particularly good view.
Nowadays with the on-line system really can`t see any problem getting a ticket especially as we are now in the Championship.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't understand why they are offering TPS for this season as I will be amazed if we sell out more than 2 games this season. Both of those will be towards the end of the season if we are doing well.

You would have to be an idiot to join this for £50 :D

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes think the people who run our club live in cloud cuckoo land.

If one fan paid £50 to have the 'privilege' of purchasing 7 championship match tickets at full price, he would seriously need his head examining

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Plus the £1.50 direct/credit card charge per ticket too on top

R

Redditch Wolves

The same exact people who pay for an away season ticket at a cost of £50.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have had the TPS for the last few years. Wont be renewing for the coming season for the reasons already given by others.

What has really annoyed me is that for the pleasure of paying an extra £50 and guaranteeing the club your money for 7 games, they then give you the worst seats in Molineux.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now this might amaze some people on here. But I have always regarded the TPS as a total rip off. Anyone that renews this season seriously needs to go to the doctors. When we were in the Prem there was some sort of argument for having one but not anymore.

L

long ball man

Membership at £20 including one free game and I think 1st game of season for £10 has to be way to go.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a disgrace that the club will even try to attempt to fleece people out of their hard earned money by trying this. There will be 10,000+ spare seats for many games next season and unless we get promoted I doubt a single game will sell out but for any special offers.

£7 extra per game on top of the inflated matchday prices for committing youself to over a quarter of our home games. Most clubs would reward that loyalty with a discount, not at Wolves.

Shameful.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree Burton. After the 2nd season in the Prem I was beginning to wonder about the value of it. Tickets for all games should be easily got this season.

Might spend the £50 on the new kit!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I joined once in 03/04 when I thought it might be difficult to get tickets otherwise, havn't bothered since and have not had a problem getting tickets for any home game (if you buy soon after they go on sale then no problem)

charging £50 for scheme and then still charging the per ticket booking fee on top is just another ripoff

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club can justify it I will buy one even though I can't afford it or get to many games. Now there's a challenge for you Moxey.

Good luck with that one.

If they can't justify it why the $$$$ run it?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to do TPS but got too expensive and no choice of games. Can't see the need for it any more as bigger ground, less attractive games and I've had no trouble getting tickets for any games in our 3 Prem seasons.

R

reanswolf

Wolves have obviously been under the impression that if they increase capacity, do worse on the pitch, make it absurdly costly and difficult to get tickets , it is good for the club.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have obviously been under the impression that if they increase capacity, do worse on the pitch, make it absurdly costly and difficult to get tickets , it is good for the club.

A fine business strategy if ever I've seen one!

J

Jameswwfc

Can't understand why people get them either, never had any problems getting mates tickets for any games in the last 3 years in the premier.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same exact people who pay for an away season ticket at a cost of £50.

That can be different when there are small allocations.
I've known plenty of people who forked out for an away season ticket and didn't bother to have a home one !

H

hindheadwolves

That can be different when there are small allocations.
I've known plenty of people who forked out for an away season ticket and didn't bother to have a home one !

You can't get an away without a home. To renew an away is £35. I have renewed mine, some away grounds are very small in the chump. Brighton away if the game is a promotion decider will be worth the extra. It costs £35 less in fuel than getting to Molineux for me.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't get an away without a home. To renew an away is £35. I have renewed mine, some away grounds are very small in the chump. Brighton away if the game is a promotion decider will be worth the extra. It costs £35 less in fuel than getting to Molineux for me.

Yes you can, if you think about how to do it.
It was very common in our first Prem season in 2009....in fact a friend of mine went to every away game and not a single home match !
He just prefers the day/weekend trips to visit new away grounds/cities and was bored of the poor value of home matches.
If he had to pay the money anyway, he'd rather follow the team away instead.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive always had TPS since its inception and it has worked well - living so far away it has been worthwhile having guaranteed games to watch and not having to bother buying tickets.

However I think even I will be stopping the renewal this season - in part due to the games they have chosen..and partly because I guess that we'll only be filling the stadium on a very few occasions if ever - and they seem to have left any local derbies off the list!

loopy lupine

Reaction score
I used to do TPS but got too expensive and no choice of games. Can't see the need for it any more as bigger ground, less attractive games and I've had no trouble getting tickets for any games in our 3 Prem seasons.

Is that because you haven't been?

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I go to watch wolves not the opposition

That was always my view in the Prem and to an extent it will be in the Championship but I guess Id rather have the choice this season than just get what Im given.

Back
Top Bottom