Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Three phone calls.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not on the second half of his last season . Sorry but it was similar to the **** we are having to watch now .

Very cautious and no attacking intent. Then Lage arrived as though he had won a competition on WM and now we have Steve Davis who has a great managerial record .

There is one pattern though Shi and Sellars mainly .

One day the penny will drop that this model **** we hear of buying Portuguese players and mendes pool and trying to sell on at a profit will only take us so far . Unfortunately this will cost us with relegation this season.

We don’t have enough non Portuguese players, no one would ever criticise the talents we’ve been given, but the balance of the squad has tipped too far one way, we also desperately need some experienced leaders.

Though Sellars aint the problem, was embarrassing fans chanting against him today, he’s a puppet, he doesn’t make any decisions. Fans should be chanting against Shi he’s the problem

floydstreet

Reaction score
He was pathetic today jogging about like he didn’t have a care in the world.
All about opinions mate
I think he was poor, poor decision to select him ahead of Semedo (who was excellent against palace apart from losing his man for the goal).

But he got booked trying,

I just think there’s a difference between effort and belief. They don’t believe, the body language shows they are down, the minimal risks in possession show they are frightened

That’s not lack of effort, just confidence and therefore ability at the moment.

Aside from Bueno (and Adama first half) there wasn’t a good performance for us. Lacking leaders yes, lacking a playing strategy yea, lacking a top manager yes and lacking quality in forward players (with no neto, no kaladjic and no Raul). But we are lacking a long term plan. Help !

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one in their right mind would take a phone call from Shi.

If there were to be three phone calls they should be 1) Guo firing Shi 2) Guo firing Sellars and 3) Guo calling Nuno.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Add Nuno on to that. And also get rid of Jeff, if the prospective manager doesn't fancy working with him. Offer him an open choice.

Would be what I’d do too. I reckon Nuno might be interested if Jeff was replaced but very unlikely if he stays.

Nuno has gold and black in his veins, understands the fans and the city and is one of the few top coaches we could realistically still attract. It’s potentially the road to redemption for him as well. Just a damn shame there’s no way of bringing back Coady too. Those two back at the Mol and I think we’d have a very good chance of staying up.

Last edited:

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No one in their right mind would take a phone call from Shi.

If there were to be three phone calls they should be 1) Guo firing Shi 2) Guo firing Sellars and 3) Guo calling Nuno.
If I was Guo, I’d be discretely calling Nuno (who he knows) and seeing if there were any circumstances in which he’d return and what support he’d need in Jan. 1 might then naturally follow.

Continue as is and there’s a 60-70%+ chance we’re relegated imo and ~150m gets wiped off FOSUN’s investment. Bring Nuno in and back him with funds and I’d cut that to a ~25-30% chance. Guo needs to decide whether to twist or stick.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my view this week is a defining one. We have a good team (without a goalscorer) and most of our problems can be fixed with a good coach and a sense of identity. Make big changes this week and we can salvage a decent season and a cup run. But as it stands right now? Relegation. And if big changes aren’t made this week it will be too late to salvage anything other than a survival fight.

Back
Top Bottom