Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Three 30 minute thirds?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breaking news, the Qatar WC to be split into 3 x 30 minute periods, with 2 x 10 minute intervals according to TalkSPORT allegedly…

10 minutes to get a beer in the Steve Bull upper? No chance!

Joking aside, a shocking change to football as we know it if true or an April fools trick?!

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breaking news, the Qatar WC to be split into 3 x 30 minute periods, with 2 x 10 minute intervals according to TalkSPORT allegedly…

Joking aside, a shocking change to football as we know it if true or an April fools trick?!
I certainly hope the latter. Mind you, there has been so much other US-inspired BS recently....

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m fairly certain it’s BS as can’t see it reported elsewhere!

Cracking job by TalkSPORT if it is, reeled in plenty of disgruntled callers complaining about it!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think they’d leave it til now to tell us. There’d be bloody murder.
This WC is already contentious enough without them adding more problems. It would inspire a boycott, ( how successful it would be I have no idea).

Maybe we are too quick to post rumours.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most exciting thing for me is that while the first two thirds will see teams kicking in opposite direction & changing ends at the break, the final third will see both teams kicking into the same goal. Absolutely fantastic innovation by FIFA - teams will apparently need to score with the ball matching their shirt colour - and defend the ball matching the opponents' shirt colour. Whatever next for the beautiful game?!

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Quite indicative of how things have gone/are going with football, and the fact the world cup is still being played in Qatar, that it's a joke that actually wouldn't be surprising if it were true.

Kinda worrying that someone might see that and think it's a great idea.

Maybe the super league 6 can ask for it in the PL, with the scores being reset each third if they are losing. Would be in-keeping with their general thought

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they are going to use two balls instead of one as well, in an effort to increase the number of goals scored. Absolutely shocking.
Are they going to call that "load of balls"? lol

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surely that would be unfair in favour of the team kicking downhill for two of the three thirds.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they are going to use two balls instead of one as well, in an effort to increase the number of goals scored. Absolutely shocking.
"Added time multi-ball"

I'm really hoping you get that reference!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently every team at the tournament will be issued with a single 'joker'. When used, no matter the score, ir will be next goal the winner

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently ever team at the tournament will be issued with a single 'joker'. When used, no matter the score, ir will be next goal the winner
It’s a Knockout style!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read that because of the heat matches would be split into 4 x 22 minute quarters which would be beneficial to players as games would be 2 minutes shorter?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read that because of the heat matches would be split into 4 x 22 minute quarters which would be beneficial to players as games would be 2 minutes shorter?
I was about to say the same thing. If you told supporters that the matches will be four quarters, they’d be uproar. Don’t announce anything and just introduce ‘drinks breaks’, nobody says a word.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And two goals. April Fools ************s!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ha. You've even acknowledged it's April fool's, yet posted this anyway.

A whole thread dedicated to something that's not happening. A bit like my stadium redevelopment thread!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To watch some teams, you’d think they’d already implemented it!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the different dynamic that 2 balls on the pitch would bring.

Imagine the sheer panic.

Awesome idea. It would eradicate the faux injuries aswell because the restart has double the jeopardy for faking it on the deck.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t forget the giant black wooden mushroom on the centre spot. Whoever knocks it over , loses.

Back
Top Bottom