Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thoughts on where this situation will go for football.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you’ve got no idea how much he does or doesn’t give away.

This is true.
Smallsall doesn´t have an idea either...there is no Deeney money in their tills.
You can of course bet on it.
Troy Deeney is a little bit more ugly than the usual average Joe personal wise.
Not everyone would down themselves dealing like he did.
Other than that,he will look after himself(proven record)and those close to him.
Nothing unusual with that..other than it doesn´t correspond one bit to the shallow words he seems to be producing at Twitter or whatever.

Troy Deeney has at best a couple of good years left..diminsihing with the spread of the Corona mind you.

His only option is to max the income he can get.

If he wants desperatly to go broke,the rest of his life awaits him.

He is one sorry dude to conclude.

Last edited:

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky suggesting that as a result of the 1 team slot, needing to be filled due to Bury's demise, that they'll be NO RELEGATION from League 2 and only 1 promotion spot from the National League.

20 of the 24 clubs in League 2, voted against relegation as a result and the NL have reportedly told there clubs, that the Play-Off's won't be happening.

Who knows how this will end up - perhaps in court proceedings?

They had to end as they can't afford virus tests and have employees on furlough-and they stuck by Stevenage .It shouldn't be allowed as they still want promotions up to league one and is grossly unfair to clubs in NLand NLS and NLN

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had to end as they can't afford virus tests and have employees on furlough-and they stuck by Stevenage .It shouldn't be allowed as they still want promotions up to league one and is grossly unfair to clubs in NLand NLS and NLN

Bury FC is out as I remember it.

Relegate Stevenage(who cares about them anyways?)and for the heavens sake let´s promote Barrow..both Stevenage and Barrow has earned it the right way.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm 47, tested positive last week, and let's just say, despite usually being ' fit and well' have felt far from good. And yet I'm lucky. Plenty haven't survived it.
Glad you got through it. What did you have?it seems different for everyone.
For me it was ridiculous fatigue and cough to start with and then 4 days in bed where I couldn't move and barely breathe. I never really had the taste thing or the high temperature

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S reporting that WMP don't want games at home grounds because of fans congregating. Frankly I'd be embarrassed to put that in the public domain. In fact it's so ridiculous that they couldn't deal with the few if any who tried to hang around the grounds that I wonder if it's a tactic to get more money out of the clubs.
If its really beyond the police maybe the clubs* could deploy a few barriers around the ground and high some private security.
* I realise most Villa fans will not be keen on a solution.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I am sure his whole family would be on their knees begging him to go back if they were about to go broke.
What is he going to do instead..start dealing again?
It is absolute BS of the highest order to say I don´t mind going broke,I don´t need money.
At the end of the day,the idiot Deeney would be back in a flash to pick up his pay check.
I don´t see any reason for a man to say lies like he has.
It is absolute BS.

Spot on.

He is talking absolute *******s. What the **** kind of talk is that from a club captain?!

Dramatic bull**** that is clearly designed to fan the flames and push his club’s agenda to void the season.

Just ****ing say you wouldn’t expect to be paid if you didn’t feel up to training and playing under the controlled conditions, and be done with it!

He also said this:-

"They're talking about not playing in front of fans until 2021. So if it's not safe enough for fans to be inside a stadium, why should it be safe for players to be in there?"

Clearly hasn’t thought it through, if it all.

If it goes ahead any player being too scared and not wanting to serve their club’s and football’s need should just officially be listed as not available for the restart.

Really don’t need this faux emotional martyring.

D

Deleted member 5635

You do realise how contagious this is and how hard it is to thoroughly deep clean?
Yes I do realize how contagious it is(flu is like 1:1 and covid is like 1:3) I have a someone to clean my house, so I’m sure multimillionaire footballers and billionaire owners will take the best precautions possible.
some people just have a different outlook that’s all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If revenues reduce drastically from no crowds and reduced TV money, may see a vast reduction in salaries over next few seasons and clubs letting highly paid players go at end of contracts if they aren't prepared to take big reductions.....be interesting to see where their agents would tout them to get the same or better deals as they were on as surely every league will be in the same boat....

Some players may decide to play in their home leagues for a while or where the situation is best managed ?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If revenues reduce drastically from no crowds and reduced TV money, may see a vast reduction in salaries over next few seasons and clubs letting highly paid players go at end of contracts if they aren't prepared to take big reductions.....be interesting to see where their agents would tout them to get the same or better deals as they were on as surely every league will be in the same boat....

Some players may decide to play in their home leagues for a while or where the situation is best managed ?

Biggest market in some years time will be China.
Perhaps everyone is on minimum 80K per week,playing with the communist crest and in face masks?
I leave you with Bob Dylan.
The world´s is a changing.
This thou shall pass.

It is about time..it is enevitable(I am not sure what enevitable means in swedish..just felt right to put in in there towards the end..:)

D

Deleted member 4099

Sorry it can be deadly to someone your age, even without underlying health issues, I’m shocked you still believe that scenario

I don’t still believe ,the numbers confirm it. I’m not an idiot or unconcerned about the affects of the virus. It’s numbers that matter and they simply don’t add up to the amount of fear to the majority of the population. To many people listening to
I’ve also turned off from negative morning TV and social media. They set you up for a terrible day. For my info now i solely go to this guy on Twitter who updates this chart every day based on the latest death figures.

I also keep up to date with @ProfKarolSikora on Twitter. Realism mixed with positivity. Try and limit your exposure to negativity. It makes a huge difference!

I’ve done exactly the same Stefan ,Professor Sikora is a god send. I thought the world was coming to end I was not going to work again and won’t lie was having suicidal thoughts. It was my wife that sparked me out of it when she commented that about the news. She said “it’s just like Brexit again they just love negativity to divide people don’t they “ and she’s right. Since then I’ve seriously tuned out as much as possible,And started following the stats it really changes your view on the whole situation.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t still believe ,the numbers confirm it. I’m not an idiot or unconcerned about the affects of the virus. It’s numbers that matter and they simply don’t add up to the amount of fear to the majority of the population. To many people listening to

I’ve done exactly the same Stefan ,Professor Sikora is a god send. I thought the world was coming to end I was not going to work again and won’t lie was having suicidal thoughts. It was my wife that sparked me out of it when she commented that about the news. She said “it’s just like Brexit again they just love negativity to divide people don’t they “ and she’s right. Since then I’ve seriously tuned out as much as possible,And started following the stats it really changes your view on the whole situation.
Ok well the stats show it’s easily passed on and lockdown has stopped that spread, look at the people who HAVE died, security guards , the poor sods who’ve been stood with no PPE in every shop in the country. I am not negative, Christ at 3-1 down at Villa I was still saying we were going to get something out of the game, but I’m a realist, yes maybe it’s only a 0.001% chance it will make you poorly but you could be that person or maybe your Mrs and you unwittingly pass it on to her.
I saw my wife deadin front of my eyes 2 weeks ago, I had to give her cpr, trust me you don’t want to see a dead loved one in front of you there’s a reason why most countries are locking down, it’s not the news that’s caused 50k plus deaths

D

Deleted member 4099

Ok well the stats show it’s easily passed on and lockdown has stopped that spread, look at the people who HAVE died, security guards , the poor sods who’ve been stood with no PPE in every shop in the country. I am not negative, Christ at 3-1 down at Villa I was still saying we were going to get something out of the game, but I’m a realist, yes maybe it’s only a 0.001% chance it will make you poorly but you could be that person or maybe your Mrs and you unwittingly pass it on to her.
I saw my wife deadin front of my eyes 2 weeks ago, I had to give her cpr, trust me you don’t want to see a dead loved one in front of you there’s a reason why most countries are locking down, it’s not the news that’s caused 50k plus deaths

We’re polarised on this Maws I respect your opinion and view on the situation but I see it differently. Good luck moving forward.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t like the bit about suicidal thoughts. I’ll PM you my mobile number if you want me to. FFS , feel free to call it and chat.We will get through this. We really will Please don’t ever go down that route. Talk is good

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t like the bit about suicidal thoughts. I’ll PM you my mobile number if you want me to. FFS , feel free to call it and chat.We will get through this. We really will Please don’t ever go down that route. Talk is good

Or ring Samaritans on 116 123-its free,confidential,non Judgemental and a safe place to talk about how you feel.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
It's a very kind thing you offer to BrummieNick. Very pleasing to see we have some really nice, kind and generous members...

W

WOMWOL

I don’t buy scare stories like this. Football will get back to what it was within 6 months. Probably earlier.
Covid roughly doubles your chance of dying in a year. However, your chance of dying in a year is a very small number. Doubling a very small number still makes it a very small number. The media concentrate on bad news as that's what sells. However, the number of deaths each week is falling as is hospital admissions. 384 deaths Thursday . 626 last Thursday. Things are getting better. Whilst we won't be able to attend games for some time this doesn't mean they can't be played. I

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad you got through it. What did you have?it seems different for everyone.
For me it was ridiculous fatigue and cough to start with and then 4 days in bed where I couldn't move and barely breathe. I never really had the taste thing or the high temperature
Started with fever, aching joints, dry throat, that improved after a couple of days. Taste went after about five days, and had a couple of days of feeling reasonable, but really lethargic again for the last couple, and breathing ain't great if I do anything quicker than a snail.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Restructuring any one ?

League two to merge with National League and rationalise into North and South divisions up for discussion.

D

Deleted member 4099

Or ring Samaritans on 116 123-its free,confidential,non Judgemental and a safe place to talk about how you feel.
It's a very kind thing you offer to BrummieNick. Very pleasing to see we have some really nice, kind and generous members...

Thank you very much for those kind words. I have managed to change my train of thought now. And infact in a very positive place as I was able to go back to work on Thursday which I thought just wasn’t going to happen,I honestly believe that you have limit your exposure to the news.

D

Deleted member 4099

Tomcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Sandwell have asked the FA for permission to not have to play behind closed doors as all of their fans are related.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Oliver Dowden has stated this morning on Sky News that the Government fully backs the June 12th start date, even though a fair number of clubs are doubtful about the date being able to be achieved, ahead of the Project Restart vote later,

As well as the Prem, League 1 clubs meet again to try and reach agreement on how to go forward after a failure to do so on Friday, with no indication as to what the compromise could be.

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mr Dowden has also just told BBC Breakfast, that under the circumstances, there is a chance of more games being Free-To-Air, with some hopefully being on 3pm Saturday, with him directly looking at that.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Oliver Dowden has stated this morning on Sky News that the Government fully backs the June 12th start date, even though a fair number of clubs are doubtful about the date being able to be achieved, ahead of the Project Restart vote later,

As well as the Prem, League 1 clubs meet again to try and reach agreement on how to go forward after a failure to do so on Friday, with no indication as to what the compromise could be.

Could be top two up and enlarged playoffs-but if they do what league 2 did ie no relegation that would be typical.

FA and EFL won't accept no relegation of course .

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Some people just need something and anything to be critical about.

Look more natural, way better than the cardboard cut-outs.

Dressed decent and appropriate can’t they just spend time supporting their team much like normal fans??…..nothing about them is saying they are actually working the stands for business.

Too many killjoy ****ers about just waiting to jump on anything and everything just for the sake of it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people just need something and anything to be critical about.

Look more natural, way better than the cardboard cut-outs.

Dressed decent and appropriate can’t they just spend time supporting their team much like normal fans??…..nothing about them is saying they are actually working the stands for business.

Too many killjoy ****ers about just waiting to jump on anything and everything just for the sake of it.
I'm not sure that it's killjoy ****ers that would want to jump on them lol...

Seriously the complaints were in the main about the illegal adverts that the suppliers had included...

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The SPFL officially ended, with unanimous agreement by all 42 clubs and means a 9TH consecutive Scottish Premiership title for Celtic - matching Ranger's dominance between 1988-1997 for Rangers.

Last edited:

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clubs will return to training in small groups from tomorrow, voted for by clubs today.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to see our picture being used

Good god, we should be further down the line than this. Quarter of a pitch each, no contact, disinfection of flags and pitches. Complete band utter overkill. Test players and crack on with games behind closed doors. More is being made of the way out of this for a group of fit and healthy young men than needs to be. I am all for sense, but it hasn't taken long for us to be jumping at shadows.
Before anyone gets on my case, some of you know my line of work, and I am all for precautions, but they need to be proportional to risk.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League one now voting on Friday after EFL meet on wednesday.

I assume EFL and defo FA will oppose no relegation.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Troy Deeny is refusing to train I wonder if Jimenez has a mask he could borrow?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Deeney doesn't want to play, he doesn't play. Same with anyone.

I saw a comment from Andros Townsend the other day and think John Ruddy said similar, they will be going back to one of the safest work environments in the country, which is spot on.

So, set the dates and then it's up to the individual. We're all going to have to go back to work and the vast majority of the country will be doing it in much tougher circumstances such as no regular testing and travelling on public transport.

For the record, I think Deeney is talking absolute **** and have no doubts that he will play when it resumes. In my opinion he has been carefully working on his 'man of the people' image for the past few years and wants a shot at TV afterwards as some honest, outspoken, 'real' pundit when he's just another millionaire in reality. Unfortunately he knows what certain types of people want to hear and it's why far too many people seem to like him.

But, I think he's misjudged this one. Most people I know want the game back but he's trying to be all about safety.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Deeney doesn't want to play, he doesn't play. Same with anyone.

I saw a comment from Andros Townsend the other day and think John Ruddy said similar, they will be going back to one of the safest work environments in the country, which is spot on.

So, set the dates and then it's up to the individual. We're all going to have to go back to work and the vast majority of the country will be doing it in much tougher circumstances such as no regular testing and travelling on public transport.

For the record, I think Deeney is talking absolute **** and have no doubts that he will play when it resumes. In my opinion he has been carefully working on his 'man of the people' image for the past few years and wants a shot at TV afterwards as some honest, outspoken, 'real' pundit when he's just another millionaire in reality. Unfortunately he knows what certain types of people want to hear and it's why far too many people seem to like him.

But, I think he's misjudged this one. Most people I know want the game back but he's trying to be all about safety.
Bet that he still expects to get paid...

I think that it is part of a broader agenda to get the season scrapped and avoid relegation. Yesterday's Deeney outpouring...

The 'loveable' Deeney was yet another one who cheated on the wife who stood by him through his ****, with a 'model' too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom