Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

There are many things to like

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....about Bruno who has done an amazing job this season when you consider all the injuries, a lot of bad luck and bad referee/ VAR calls plus lack of transfer support. To follow charismatic and much loved Nuno was no easy thing. Yet he has begun to mould the team in his own image and it is very much a work in progress. I love the way he is so honest and open at press conferences and explains intelligently how his tactics won a game or perhaps failed to do so.

His insistence on our team stamping their personality on any game and being confident against any opposition is refreshing. Yes there is a long way to go and we need another centre forward and quality midfielder in the mix next season if we are going to challenge consistently for top six and score a lot more goals. But I just wanted to praise Bruno, who shows plenty of humility as well as sheer devotion to the job in hand. The quality of his work is appearing on the football field with the excellent performances of Sa, Saiss, Kilman, Coady, Semedo, Neves, Ait-Nouri ,Moutinho and latterly Podence. Brave to put Cundle in too in such a big match and venue. Praise for his coaches too but their work is behind the scenes. Also praise for Jeff in picking a relatively unknown coach in the first place. It has proved to be a very astute decision. But for goodness sake back the man in the summer and keep hold of Kilman, Neto and Neves above all so we can take the club forward beyond 7th.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He comes across as a very nice bloke and I too like that he explains his tactics etc.

I'm just waiting for FOSUN to invest with him at the helm so we can get a version of his outstanding Benfica team.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubts by using any yardstick available that he has done and is doing a fantastic job, he is very knowlegable and I just love the way he is so open at his pressers, as for the players themselves I think Bruno not only pushes the players to improve but somehow he gives the players the confidence in themselves this is being shown by the improvement numerous players have made this season, we have found yet another good manager yet a few people believe that the person at the top of this Club doesnt know what he is doing, even Bruno himself has today praised the Under 21,s and Under 18,s thats almost unheard, yes Jeff has made mistakes in the various windows but overall I think some shoots for the future are beginning to appear, Kilman, RAN, Toti, Cundle, Neto, the lads in the under 18,s and 21,s the list is to long to mention but how many have come to Wolves while Jeff has been CEO ?, not forgetting we had a verbal agreement with Lopetegui until Spain gave him the national job, if Jeff could get the windows right there is no doubt in my mind we are in for a very exciting time over the coming years.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't convinced by him (Bruno) and his appointment initially and I'm extremely difficult to win over....the geezer has absolutely smashed it and totally got me onboard now! Never been more wrong in my life and now I'm hoping Trincao can do the same!

Last edited:

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Following in the footsteps of St Nuno was a huge ask, and he's delivered and then some - hats off to him :~}

As has been said, it's not only his results and the performances, but how he conducts himself and talks so well. We clearly have an ethos at the club, and it's one I love.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
There is no doubts by using any yardstick available that he has done and is doing a fantastic job, he is very knowlegable and I just love the way he is so open at his pressers, as for the players themselves I think Bruno not only pushes the players to improve but somehow he gives the players the confidence in themselves this is being shown by the improvement numerous players have made this season, we have found yet another good manager yet a few people believe that the person at the top of this Club doesnt know what he is doing, even Bruno himself has today praised the Under 21,s and Under 18,s thats almost unheard, yes Jeff has made mistakes in the various windows but overall I think some shoots for the future are beginning to appear, Kilman, RAN, Toti, Cundle, Neto, the lads in the under 18,s and 21,s the list is to long to mention but how many have come to Wolves while Jeff has been CEO ?, not forgetting we had a verbal agreement with Lopetegui until Spain gave him the national job, if Jeff could get the windows right there is no doubt in my mind we are in for a very exciting time over the coming years.
Don’t forget Chiquinho who looks a real talent and also Mosquera.. I don’t want to see the pathway for all this young talent blocked by several “oven ready” additions who may not integrate and be expensive!

T

TheConcourse

The more I think about Jeff’s strategy the more intrigued I am to see how it plays out for Bruno.

Convention tells us that squads need competition to keep players hungry. Bruno’s analogy was 2 for every position.

When players out of form, you’re ditched, right? On the bench. But why?

That model gives you big, bloated and expensive squads with big salaries sat on the bench.

The perception right now is that Bruno has a small squad to work with and is working wonders, and I agree that he’s doing a great job, but is part of this culture of players always being ready to play because we don’t have a huge squad actually playing into our hands and helping?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't convinced by him and his appointment initially and I'm extremely difficult to win over....the geezer has absolutely smashed it and totally got me onboard now! Never been more wrong in my life and now I'm hoping Trincao can do the same!
The same. Loved nuno and wanted him to stay. But now starting to feel Bruno can take us to the next level if he can keep the better players and add to.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t forget Chiquinho who looks a real talent and also Mosquera.. I don’t want to see the pathway for all this young talent blocked by several “oven ready” additions who may not integrate and be expensive!
Mosquera wonder if he’s far from fitness Jonny seems about ready

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got a big squad decision(s) coming up soon as Neto, Mosquera & Boly get closer to fitness, and Moutinho to come back from his knock

As Neto & Moutinho must be included, that means 3 of Mosquera, Boly, Marcal, Chiquinho & Toti will not be part of the match day squad when everyone is back... maybe some others will be worried about their squad place (Hoever perhaps with Jonny back, Cundle now a fixture?)

Amazingly the squad's looking a bit bigger all of a sudden (probably from next month) and Bruno has a new challenge of keeping everyone fit and happy with playing time when it comes to the run in!

What a job he's doing though

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I notice a lot of little tactical things, for example when we're playing it accross the back today Jose Sa was all up in the top corner of his area, creating loads of space for us. Our defence is bloody brilliant at the moment, we're so hard to break down.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got a big squad decision(s) coming up soon as Neto, Mosquera & Boly get closer to fitness, and Moutinho to come back from his knock

As Neto & Moutinho must be included, that means 3 of Mosquera, Boly, Marcal, Chiquinho & Toti will not be part of the match day squad when everyone is back... maybe some others will be worried about their squad place (Hoever perhaps with Jonny back, Cundle now a fixture?)

Amazingly the squad's looking a bit bigger all of a sudden (probably from next month) and Bruno has a new challenge of keeping everyone fit and happy with playing time when it comes to the run in!

What a job he's doing though
Of course we have been on the verge of this for a while, haven't we, despite the moans of some. If we avoid long term injuries we have close to a full squad. Exciting times.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....including our lack of transfer activity. ;)

Back
Top Bottom