Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Workers Party

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I was hallucinating last night. Robert Halfon-former Skills Minister-on Newsnight, saying the Tories are the party of the workers & the poor, & should re-name as The Workers Party.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tory media machine in action. They're also trying to make Mrs May look like a real human person too.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's frightening really.

They have somehow managed to convince a lot of the population that they are the party for working class people and Labour are the party for those who don't work or don't want to work.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like they are going back to trying to blame the welfare state for people's problems....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I saw it too, made me laugh / cringe. The point they never seem to get is that they sell themselves as the party of aspiration. What that means is the bottom of society is a cesspit, but we'll stick a ladder in there that you might be able to climb out with. That is what things like grammar schools are all about - it's just a slightly less controlled version of Brave New World where even if you are born a delta you might get reassigned.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's frightening really.

They have somehow managed to convince a lot of the population that they are the party for working class people and Labour are the party for those who don't work or don't want to work.

I agree its scary

but sadly no surprise, for as Goebbels said: if you keep repeating a message long enough people start to believe it and the bigger the lie the more chance of fooling the people.

Manipulating peoples opinions is now an exact science and the spin doctors are on the case 24/7 with nothing left to chance

D

Deleted member 3604

Successive governments have neglected people and left what could be loosely regard as the 'unemployable' to fester. That is criminal IMO. The solution to the shortage of cheap labour (due to work not paying) was immigration and quite rightly get business to pay a minimum wage (increased by the Cons along with tax allowances). Trouble is when the 3M net increase in population due to immigration alone increases demand on public/welfare everybody runs around crying until Corbyn sells them a dream grounded in fantasy. It's the hope that kills.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I was hallucinating last night. Robert Halfon-former Skills Minister-on Newsnight, saying the Tories are the party of the workers & the poor, & should re-name as The Workers Party.
A lot of working class people are voting Tory these days and a lot of the middle classes are voting Labour.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Successive governments have neglected people and left what could be loosely regard as the 'unemployable' to fester. That is criminal IMO. The solution to the shortage of cheap labour (due to work not paying) was immigration and quite rightly get business to pay a minimum wage (increased by the Cons along with tax allowances). Trouble is when the 3M net increase in population due to immigration alone increases demand on public/welfare everybody runs around crying until Corbyn sells them a dream grounded in fantasy. It's the hope that kills.

Don't let your blue glasses get in the way of the truth, the tories OPPOSED a minimum wage then hijacked the official LIVING wage and gave it a new meaning 'NOT the LIVING wage'.

One thing is for sure unless you are very wealthy the Tories don't offer HOPE!

What is this fantasy Corbyn is selling? at least the MSM journos have admitted they got it all wrong concerning Corbyn. Will you be saying he is Unelectable next?

D

Deleted member 3604

Don't let your blue glasses get in the way of the truth, the tories OPPOSED a minimum wage then hijacked the official LIVING wage and gave it a new meaning 'NOT the LIVING wage'.

No party offers hope if you are poor. That's the system ! That was my point. Left to fester by all parties - no empowerment whatsoever.

What is this fantasy Corbyn is selling? at least the MSM journos have admitted they got it all wrong concerning Corbyn. Will you be saying he is Unelectable next?

I notice there are far more Corbyn supporters on here than before - he is the epitome of populism. Just read through previous threads. He did an absolute beauty on the likes of Mandelson and Blair. Corbyn's economic/fiscal policies would have made a desperate economy even worse. His ideas were completely unsustainable and would have resulted in year on year demand for more and more. NO political party has the answer.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Yes, the guy who was quoted in the OP actually had the cheek to say "we introduced the living wage". When as you say they opposed the minimum wage for all they were worth and then when increasing it a bit decided they could steal the term "living wage" without actually paying what was accepted as the required level. The sheer nerve of these people is incredible.

D

Deleted member 3573J

No party offers hope if you are poor. That's the system ! That was my point. Left to fester by all parties - no empowerment whatsoever.

I notice there are far more Corbyn supporters on here than before - he is the epitome of populism. Just read through previous threads. He did an absolute beauty on the likes of Mandelson and Blair. Corbyn's economic/fiscal policies would have made a desperate economy even worse. His ideas were completely unsustainable and would have resulted in year on year demand for more and more. NO political party has the answer.

There were a few of us Corbyn fans who said the msm were out to get him but people just repeated the same lines that they were told to by the media, that he was unelectable etc, it was all propaganda. The fact they went after him immediately should have been your light bulb moment that he is the real deal and his policies weren't fantasy and would actually work. We'll probably never get to know though.

D

Deleted member 3604

There were a few of us Corbyn fans who said the msm were out to get him but people just repeated the same lines that they were told to by the media, that he was unelectable etc, it was all propaganda. The fact they went after him immediately should have been your light bulb moment that he is the real deal and his policies weren't fantasy and would actually work. We'll probably never get to know though.

I completely agree and always said he was a threat. He's been slagged off rotten on here y those who wanted centre-ground - in fact those who supported him then are now far more open-minded and open to opinion on certain issues. I was totally for the man and in a way I still am BUT I cannot go along with his ideas on redistributing wealth. He is not as revolutionary as I first thought - perhaps just as divisive as any other point scoring politician. I won't vote again - it's pointless.

Back
Top Bottom