Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Wolves HamKam Fan Club.

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Should we adopt a Norweigan sister club?? Was just chatting crap at work with a few mates at work about adopting a scottish 3rd division club as our 2nd team, got me thinking we should do the same on here but for a norweigan club in honour of Stale??

Was thinking of Ham Kam (Stale's 1st club as a player & Manager). We could start the Wolves Ham Kam Fan club....Try saying that 5 times quick!! Maybe they could repeat the gesture? Someone could start a Friendface/twitter campaign to gain interest (I'm not doing it)

Not sure what the purpose is? Just a bit of fun I suppose. What do you reckon? Post your Ham Kam facts here

Mine to start (Taken from Wiki)

Hamarkameratene, often abbreviated to HamKam, is a Norwegian football club based in the town of Hamar. The club was founded in 1918

Last edited by a moderator:

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamarkameratene's club mascot is an iguana in the club colours of white and green. This relates to the town of Hamar's traditional links with Herpetology. As a result of this, the club is affectionately known as "Iguana jævelen" which translates to "Mighty Iguanas".

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tromso. Made some good friends with them on the Norway pre season tour. Good bunch of lads and they like to drink :)

V

VikingWolf

Not for me this ;) As a VÃ¥lerenga fan, I hated Solbakken when he played there, and even worse while at LSK. He even got his own song from us, which is not particularly common for other teams players, I mean, they have to be good or do something silly for that :)

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
God, I hate VÃ¥lerenga...
Me too! But then I'm a Skeid fan, we're in the 3rd Division. Btw my first professional game for Skeid was against Ham-Kam in Hamar. We won 2-1. That was donkey's ago :cool:

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Latest game in the Adeccoligaen (Norwegian 2nd tier). Season runs from March-November

Baerrum 1 - 2 Ham-Kam (Lehne-Olsen & T Hagen). GET IN!!!!! :)

Ham-Kam currently lie in 6th place after 8 games and are undefeated in the last 5.

S

SCB

Tromso. Made some good friends with them on the Norway pre season tour. Good bunch of lads and they like to drink :)

Great tour. We even saw whales (and it wastnt you-know.who sleeping)

Besides Hamar has one of the worlds best skating rinks for speedskating.
:cool:

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Viking Stavanger" always sounds really good!! Don't know if they are mind you! As you can infer from my username I am a bit of a Scando-phile but confess to knowing little of their football -beautiful country though and friendly welcoming (still fairly pro-British too which today is a rarity) people.Shall look out for "HamKam" henceforth.

Balti Pie

Reaction score
I can see the WOLVES HAM KAM FAN CLUB is alive and kicking!! :)

Latest game in the Adeccoligaen

Ham-Kam 1 (V Bjerke 17) Mjondalen 1.

Ham-Kam currently lie in 9th place after 9 games and are undefeated in the last 6

Next game is Hodd away who lie 2nd from Bottom and have lost the last 5 on the bounce.....COME ON ME BABBIES!!!

Keep the HAM KAM facts coming!!!

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Oh no!

Hodd 5 Ham Kam 0!

'YOU'VE LET US DOWN AGAIN!'

Ham Kam get a thumping with Hodd's Pal Andre Helland getting a 19 minute Hattrick (Jez, Get him in )

Looks like I've chosen the wrong Norwegian team to follow. Oh well, too late now! Hodd are 2nd from bottom! Not sure what happened there....hopefully just an off day? Ham Kam now lie in 11thplace.

Here's a picture of Ham Kams stadium which is called Briskeby Arena. It has a capacity of 8068 (Looks bigger). Looks like they've done 2 sides, not sure if they are going to do the other 2??? Will be a nice little ground if they do!

200952082459347_3.jpg

L

lupus lupus

If you should adopt a Norwegian club, it should be Fredrikstad Fotballklubb (FFK); The Aristocrats of Norwegian Football. FFK dominated our football scene from 1932 and into the seventies (Wolves returned to Division 1 in 1932). They were the first Norwegian team to play in Europe in 1960 (eliminated Ajax). FFK had a terrible 20 years from 1984 to 2003, when they returned to the top flight (as did the Wolves). They have struggled this season, but have an extremely young, but very talented side.
And there is one more important link between Wolves and FFK: Stan Cullis was coaching them through the summer of 1946 before he was appointed Wolves-manager.
I was lucky enough to interview SC in 1980, and he really enjoyed his time in Norway.

Balti Pie

Reaction score
I know you've all missed your weekly Ham Kam update fix! This was due to the Adeccoligaen (Norwegian 2nd tier) 4 week break.

Anyway, all Wolves Fan's favourite second club were back in action last thursday and guess what, they Won!!!!!!

Ham Kam 3 (Nebredo 3, 20 & Gunderson 42) - Alta 0

Ham Kam are up to 8th and play joint top on Sunday.

D

dazmanwolf

I lived in Bodo for a while. I already follow Bodo Glimt. Not sure I could betray them for another Norgy team. :D

W

wmlxb05

I took your advice and e-mailed Jez and to my suprise an hour later I had his PA on the phone. Jez called me to explain that he shared the majority of your thoughts and that he was himself really dissapointed with the way my kids were treated, he seemed really sincere with his thoughts and invited us to the training ground so they can get the autographs of all of the players.

I'm only posting this to let everyone know as I was quick enough to slate the marketing staff, so I'm being quick enough to praise them also.

He told me that he'd be having a word with the staff to let them know that this is really important to the ethos of the club in keeping our younger fans happy and loyal to our club. I hope that they take notice...

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Holy Crapola. Your favourite Norwegian team delievered a footballing Masterclass this week. Forget Hungary 1950's, Brazil 70, Holland 74-78, Spain & Barca.....Pah!!! This lot are the Harlem Globetrotters of Football!!

Ham Kam 7!! (Hagen 1, Gunderson 10 & 39, Dahle 15, Berg Hanson 20, Lehne Olsen 30 & 89) Tromsdalen 2

Ham Kam remain 8th but have closed the gap on those above them and have a game in hand. That game in hand is tommorrow away to Ull/Kisa who lie in 2nd. If they win, it will put them right in the promotion mix.

And it's 'Hi Ho Ham Kam'......

K

Kamma

Holy crap this thread is funny. Why didn't I see this before.

HamKam is my the local team from where I grew up and my nick is the short and most common way to say HamKam if you are from Hamar. I played for HamKam as a kid untill I was 15.

And it because of Solbakkens days in HamKam as a coach Im sort of cheering for the Wolves now. And I can assure you that all of Hamar who follows football is doing the same. Ståle really is a legend in Hamar, not only as a coach but as a player.

HamKam has struggled really all the way back since Ståle left us after the 2005 season. The past seasons the club have been saved by local business groups several times to not go bankrupt and they have cut down their entire roster to only local kids. Last season 19 of the 22 or so players were from our own football region.

When Ståle left we didn't have anyone who could convince quality foreign players like Ramiro Corrales, Axel Smeets, Jan Michaelsen in particular to come to the club so they HamKam had to settle for other foreign players who turned out to be expensive turds. And that happend for a couple of seasons really. Instead of investing in the talent this region can offer, like Vegar Eggen Hegenstad if you have heard of him(he passed on HamKam because he wouldn't get a chance to play, and not because of the team being talented but because they had invested a lot of money in their own players) they invested a lot of money in under average foreigners. And then we built a massive stadium. So the economy got $$$$ed.

But I believe we have something good going now. The entire squad is all semi-pros and they are all young who could turn into players we can sell. I'll never lose hope!

K

Kamma

We won today! The postponed Ull/Kisa - HamKam game ended 0-1. Goal by Anders Nedrebø.

HamKam now climbed up to 6th place in Adeccoligaen.

K

Kamma

If you didn't know you can now see highlights from the last 2 games against Tromsdalen(7-2 win) and Ull/Kisa(1-0 win against former coach) over at http://www.hamkam.no/ on the right side of the site.

Balti Pie

Reaction score
1215122-12-1311125406882.jpg

.....And we think were unlucky with our sponsors.....nice shirt otherwise though. 649 Kroner works out at about £68, Is that for full kit or just shirt??.....anyway it's to rich for me!!

K

Kamma

1215122-12-1311125406882.jpg

.....And we think were unlucky with our sponsors.....nice shirt otherwise though. 649 Kroner works out at about £68, Is that for full kit or just shirt??.....anyway it's to rich for me!!
Thats Norwegian football economy for you. Most clubs have shirts like that.
And Norway is very expensive. But also remember that Norway is a very rich country. I agree, 649 is way too much for a shirt. But it's not too much for a regular working norwegian.
Btw. That pic is of what I think is last years or the years before that's shirt.

Here's this seasons.
http://fotball.h-a.no/multimedia/archive/00167/DSC_0092_167043o.jpg

K

Kamma

HamKam won 0-1 away against Bryne today! We didn't produce a lot since we used the same squad who played it's 3rd game in a week. But they managed to stay compact and Bryne didn't score on their chances.

Our goal came in the 49th minute when Tore Andreas Gundersen shot from 20 meters.

HamKam have now climbed all the way up to 2nd place in Adeccoligaen ahead of Ull/Kisa(who has a game in hand) on goal diff. Times are good!

Next game is next sunday away against Sarpsborg 08 who lies in 7th place after losing 1-2 to Hødd today.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Briskeby gressbane... Not for the faint of heart or those without caribou snowshoes.

HamKam won 0-1 away against Bryne today! We didn't produce a lot since we used the same squad who played it's 3rd game in a week. But they managed to stay compact and Bryne didn't score on their chances.

Our goal came in the 49th minute when Tore Andreas Gundersen shot from 20 meters.

HamKam have now climbed all the way up to 2nd place in Adeccoligaen ahead of Ull/Kisa(who has a game in hand) on goal diff. Times are good!

Next game is next sunday away against Sarpsborg 08 who lies in 7th place after losing 1-2 to Hødd today.

Is there a 'Briskeby Mix' type of forum where the devoted vent spleens, delight, apathy, etc?

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lived in Bodo for a while. I already follow Bodo Glimt. Not sure I could betray them for another Norgy team. :D

From the wolves Norway Pre season Tour

"You're not very Glimt,
You're not very Glimt,
You're not very,You're not very,
You're not very Glimt"

"Sing when you're whaling,
You only sing when you're whaling"

"Bus Stop in Tromso, You're just a Bus Stop in Tromso!"

At which point a Bodo Glimt fan gave me a Geography lesson on Norway making the point Bodo is no where near Tromso

Balti Pie

Reaction score
I reckon stale will take us back to scandanavia next summer. A friendly with Ham Kam would be good!!

Good to see 'we' got another win under the belt. Kamma thanks for the help with the updates & the highlights link, looks like they play neat and tidy football. Can you tell us more about their standing in the country. Are they seen as a big club, or are they at their right level? Do they have a reputation for playing good football/producing youth etc?

K

Kamma

We lost 4-1 in Sarpsborg today. My family have a summer cabin 15 minutes away from the stadium so I was there. Got an awfull start and was 1-0 down after a few minutes. Øyvind Hoås, who is far too good to play in Adeccoligaen had a hat-trick and just dominated the rubbish HamKam defense. Thomas Olsen, one of our most promising players(was almost bought by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Molde last season), had an absolutely horrible game. I don't think he had a single completed pass. And the rest of the team did like him. Just terrible football. Really frustrating to watch.

So with this beating we now lie in 7th place, 10 points behind Start.

Next game against one of our biggest rivals Kongsvinger on saturday 3pm local time, a game I think will be televized.

I'll post link to highlights when it's up.

K

Kamma

HamKam is right now playing against Kongsvinger. The game is being televised so you can find a stream of it online. :)

Score is 0-0 after 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom