Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Wolf

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to like The Wolf, it's a shame it has to close down. I know that Lee financed it himself, and occasionally asked for donations to help keep the forum running.

Molineux Way was far too heavy for me, some posters on there were very aggressive, any one remember Angry Wolf? A very apt user name.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started on there but found some annoying (well one in particular)

Don't tantalise us, name and shame them!

I was one of the first few to register to The Wolf but binned it off years ago now. Looked in occasionally but too cliquey. Always found Stokie a ******* living as a 1980's hooligan and his multiple accounts trying to wind up other members were so stupid.

Rozza was hilarious and miss some of the old school OS posters like Yeanderwolf, Norwolf and GSB.

RIP.

So'ton Wolf

Reaction score
Shame really, I quite liked it on there, was my intro to Wolves forums, think it was just after they closed the O/S forum in the 90's.... I wasn't a prolific poster on the-wolf ( much like this forum really ), but I visited and browsed every day just as I do here, I loved some of Rozza's posts, he was a funny guy.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Was registered, but didn't post on it. Some interesting conversations and discussions. Always a bit meh compared to here.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score

I was one of the first few to register to The Wolf but binned it off years ago now. Looked in occasionally but too cliquey. Always found Stokie a ******* living as a 1980's hooligan and his multiple accounts trying to wind up other members were so stupid.

Rozza was hilarious and miss some of the old school OS posters like Yeanderwolf, Norwolf and GSB.

RIP.

Knocker maybe???

W

WasStefan

Sounds like I'd have got on perfectly on The Wolf according to some of these posts

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read the sentence above, did you miss this

I'm clearly not gloating
- i couldnt give a **** either way. Some sensitive souls on here

Ditto...Read mine as well! Yep there sure are some!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to infrequently post on the Wolf but have not used it for many years.
Sorry to hear it has closed down though.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me wonder who funds this post. Is the cost paid by one or two dedicated fans?. If so, I want to pay my fair share or make a contribution. I really enjoy the posts and the different points of view. So, if you read this and you have the answer to my question above, then please respond.....thanks.

K

Knocker Lite

I used that site for years before coming over to here but just got so sick and tired of the one pompous idiot on there who really thought he knew everything about coaching and would pontificate over and over about how knowledgeable he was even tho all he was doing was baffling his audience with science.

Really, I thought I was quiet and self effacing. We should get on famously.

Pitbull

Reaction score
No idea probably down to cost

Yes its down to cost

Lee kept it going for as long as he could but he was paying for it personally and considering he doesn't really follow football I think it is great he did that and kept it going as long as he did. They still have a Facebook page which keeps those who want to in touch with each other.

I used to linger there same as I linger here not a prolific poster but hey that's me.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The layout and format of it makes it difficult to use. The Way is much better forum technically but that’s almost dead too.

D

Deleted member 4023

RIP.

Went on there before joining the mix. One or two funny posters, but am glad I moved over to the mix - better class of argument :D

S

ShropshireLad

The Wolf was my introduction to Wolves forums and I hold it dear to my heart. Played in goal in 2009 against Albion supporters and met some great people.

RIP the Wolf
I think that we met in the Moon a couple of times. Weren't you a pal of the "lad" from Norfolk who also played in the team and who loathed Norwich?

L

lauren_g

I started on The Wolf (Squid) for any of you posters who may remember.

Slowly migrated over to here although find sometimes it's hard to keep track with everything!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd come and say hi as another migrant from The Wolf, but reading some of the posts on this thread maybe I should pretend I'm just a forum newbie who's never heard of it :eek:;)

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess they lacked the most important ingredient.

ME!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd come and say hi as another migrant from The Wolf, but reading some of the posts on this thread maybe I should pretend I'm just a forum newbie who's never heard of it :eek:;)
Welcome. Most of us are bellends but at least we support a decent team.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope not. It was rather funny a few years back when he threw a strop over not being asked to be a moderator on there.
Name and shame. Name and shame. Name and shame. Name and shame. Name and shame.

;)

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was that the forum with Langdale Wolf etc?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogue lost his battle against cancer.
Squeek had a stroke. Not sure how he is.
Rozza lost his dog.

Good forum. Like I say some good characters.

Those three sentences sound like the worst country and western song ever.....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most people take you as they find you mate. If you are sound then great.....if you are a bell, well.....it will just add to the numbers! :D

D

Deleted member 3573J

Molineux Way was by far the best forum, mod free pretty much until the sportsnetwork owner got involved threatening to close the forum. I went on there just after Hoddle resigned and my first post was to say we should release Colin Cameron, he was loved on there for some reason but the replies were just hilarious. I had a couple of posters threatening to kill me and that was just the girls. When it was at it's most popular 12 or 13 years ago you couldn't beat it, great debates and even better arguments with posters even arranging to meet up for a pre-match scrap.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My first experience of football forums was on 606. I was on there until it was closed down. I have since used three Wolves related forums. The Wolf was fine, but got gradually quieter and quieter.

And I once won the prediction league on The Wolf, and that is my sole claim to fame.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry but i'm

I enjoyed posting on their but it did become less active (Due to some poster passing away) and others too old.

Lets embrace any of them migrating across..
if you mean Pogue that was very sad plus he has missed these last couple seasons, RIP Pogue

D

Deano's Golden Boots

The-Wolf lives on!! About 14 members have sorted out the finances to give Mcdogs the backing to continue with the site for the forseeable future. So, any lapsed Wolf members who want to return should be aware the site is back up and running.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
that's great news. we don't need to lose good wolves forums. strange as it seems that site started to decline when they banned an Albion fan from posting,_(Doc ? i think ) there was always a lot of traffic on there at the time and good fun. bet they regret it now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom