Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Villa Euro Dreams Commiseration Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of Europe (lost 6-2 on aggregate to Olympiakos) and Pod played a significant part in the vital first leg.....

No 1982 repeat..... PMSL

I may have to rethink my player of the season lol....

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa were really poor tonight.

Misplaced passes, no threat in the final third and they looked devoid of ideas.

Other than that they were ok.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the motivation for winning the Europa Conference Cup was diminished by knowing that they'll be playing Champions League in a few months. They're European dreams are hardly over. More like just beginning.
If they play in the CL like they played tonight then the Premier League best get used to only having 3 CL places in the future lol

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, they’re in a great position to qualify for champions league for next season, and that in itself is quite an achievement. Hard luck for them in their tie tonight, but they’ve still had an excellent season with the reward of European footy again next year.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread makes us look pathetic. We can only dream of the Europa Conference League and they'll be playing CL football next season. The commiserations should be with us this season not Villa.
Exactly this. We were miles ahead of them just a couple of years ago. Now they’re getting actual Champions League while we slide to 13th/14th.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how many of those that aren’t impressed with this thread live in the locality and have colleagues that support them?

I do and the fact they’ve been pumped 6-2 by a team from a farmers league and Podence has been instrumental in delivering that pumping gives me tremendous satisfaction. It’s going to be great going to work tomorrow seeing their smug faces turn into sad faces.

They may well finish 4th, but they’ll pull a Newcastle and be out of Europe by the time the shops are selling fireworks.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are those calling it tinpot and embarrassing for laughing at a rival, ready to cheer on Sandwell on Sunday?? Football is tribal and about rivalry. They’ve had the better of us for 50 years and have been exceptionally smug about it along the way then absolutely hated it when we had the better of them for a few years, now they can have some back! So what if they make the champions league, do they get a trophy for that? They were pretty much favourites to win the conference league, their first trophy in 28 years and they’ve bottled it against some Greek farmers, it’s brilliant!!

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I enjoyed seeing them screw it up myself.

However - I'm really not sure I'd call Olympiakos a Greek farmers team. They're a very good team in a league with some other very good teams in it too. Personally I'm not actually so surprised they beat Villa myself.

Not that it makes it any less amusing :cool:

Nevertheless, I don't spoze Villa will be worrying about the gap between us any time soon.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are those calling it tinpot and embarrassing for laughing at a rival, ready to cheer on Sandwell on Sunday?? Football is tribal and about rivalry. They’ve had the better of us for 50 years and have been exceptionally smug about it along the way then absolutely hated it when we had the better of them for a few years, now they can have some back! So what if they make the champions league, do they get a trophy for that? They were pretty much favourites to win the conference league, their first trophy in 28 years and they’ve bottled it against some Greek farmers, it’s brilliant!!
Spot on, sir, spot on.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the starting a whole new thread to laugh at a team miles ahead of us, rather than laughing at them in general for this one specific thing (which is indeed in and of itself very funny!)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa on a downward spiral Emery sacked next season. They’ve peaked it will all start to go wrong now. They’ve been found out. FFP looming over them and champions league will disturb their season with more injuries. Good luck balancing that one out. SOTV

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hats off, been a great season for Villa. SF in europe and 4th in the league.
I think they have had a good season but will be interested to see how next season goes . Like us when we got to QF . Will Villa kick on or start to sink and be that 6/7 team try to get top 4 next season.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Albion aren’t this tinpot and embarrassing
I think your comment is a bit over dramatic and definitely incorrect . For those of us that witnessed The Saville Crew at The Hawthorns this season nothing beats that for being tinpot or embarrassing .

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Villa they've had a great season . They remain the biggest and top club in the West Midlands and they'll stay there until our club gets the backing from our owners to overtake them........its that simple .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beating Olympiacos in the knock out rounds of European competition isn't for everyone I guess.

Those of you getting your knickers in a twist over a little gloating are the pathetic ones in my humble opinion.

Gotta love a Greek tragedy.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Fair play to Villa they've had a great season . They remain the biggest and top club in the West Midlands and they'll stay there until our club gets the backing from our owners to overtake them........its that simple .
There is no club bigger or greater than Wolverhampton Wanderers, especially Aston ****ing Villa.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I agree these threads are silly, as they have had an amazing season to be fair, there is no doubt at all that when they beat Lyon they 100% thought they would walk this competition.

The fact they got schooled, and Pod was at the heart of it, is a nice little kick up the backside to them.

Be interesting to see what they do next season, personally I would be amazed if they finish top 6 again let alone top 4.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I agree these threads are silly, as they have had an amazing season to be fair, there is no doubt at all that when they beat Lyon they 100% thought they would walk this competition.

The fact they got schooled, and Pod was at the heart of it, is a nice little kick up the backside to them.

Be interesting to see what they do next season, personally I would be amazed if they finish top 6 again let alone top 4.
Makes me laugh the vile fans slagging Diaby off left right and centre. Sometimes it takes time for players to adapt like Bailey didn’t turn good straight away.

Such an entitled and arrogant lot they think every player will hit the ground running. Downward spiral for them now. Liverpool will pump some venom into them

Back
Top Bottom