Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The view from the other side...

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should always give recent, former, Champions the respect they deserve, especially when they’ve recruited so well and maintained their high standards ... oh.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'3 points are really needed from the perspective of silencing the sans cullotes calling for blood and plebeian football'.

eh?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, they should be favourites. Established premier league team.

But on paper,

Patricio v Schmeichel

Dendoncker
Coady
Boly
Jonny
Doherty

V

McGuire
Benkovic
Chilwell
Perreria
Ndidi

Neves v Maddison
Moutinho V Silva

Jota V Gray
Costa/Traore v Albrighton

Jimenez V Vardy

Really nothing in it. They’ve got experience though and home advantage.

If Dendoncker and Traore play, is fancy an away win if Neves and Moutinho control the midfield, which let’s face it, they should do.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re comfortably favourites in my book and I’m not surprised by the confidence many of them feel in expectancy of winning the game.

I can see Vardy causing a lot of trouble to our back line and our defending from set pieces didn’t fill me with confidence against Everton. Leicester have some big boys in that team.

I would be very happy with a hard fought and well deserved draw right now.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may not be anyone's idea of champions but they are still likely to be a top 10 side. I'd take a draw.

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
They seem to like to counter quickly. I think we will sit deep and try and frustrated them and hit on the break.

M

MattyWWFC

Funny how they’re saying we’re really ****y, and then most of them go on to say “Easy. We’ll batter them”.

What gives them the right? No one cares about their title-winning season anymore, they’re just midtable fodder now.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how they’re saying we’re really ****y, and then most of them go on to say “Easy. We’ll batter them”.

What gives them the right? No one cares about their title-winning season anymore, they’re just midtable fodder now.

I mean to be fair their title winning season is still the greatest footballing result I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I know I was celebrating when they won the PL along with many of my other non-top 4 supporting mates.

M

MattyWWFC

I mean to be fair their title winning season is still the greatest footballing result I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I know I was celebrating when they won the PL along with many of my other non-top 4 supporting mates.

Oh no I was as well, I’ll never forget it.
Their comments rubbed me up the wrong way.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester set up not to lose. Another team scared of their own shadow. Shame they only won the league the other season. Our pace and will unlock them. Hopefully we can get a few fouls for a good ole free kick from the Ruben bloke. Lose would be disappointing and that would leave us in a precarious position with the up and coming fixtures against City, West Ham, Burnley & United.....

As already stated their a physical team and will try and use the aerial advantage of maguire I’m sure we can deal with. As for Vardy he’s hardly fully fit. We really should be confident of going and getting something.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope we play somewhere near our potential on Saturday - too many players off their game last week. Can see why some Leicester fans are very confident.

But on the positive side that was still good enough to draw with last season's 8th placed team, who played better than at any point last season according to a lot of their fans, so onwards and upwards...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just struck me as your style mate, expecting some effort from the audience.

Forgive me if I ask you to 'unpack' this a little further...

I may be being a little lazy/slow but I am currently swimming against the tide in trying to butcher a couple of rabbits with a dull Sabatier.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, they should be favourites. Established premier league team.

But on paper,

Patricio v Schmeichel

Dendoncker
Coady
Boly
Jonny
Doherty

V

McGuire
Benkovic
Chilwell
Perreria
Ndidi

Neves v Maddison
Moutinho V Silva

Jota V Gray
Costa/Traore v Albrighton

Jimenez V Vardy

Really nothing in it. They’ve got experience though and home advantage.

If Dendoncker and Traore play, is fancy an away win if Neves and Moutinho control the midfield, which let’s face it, they should do.

You’re right, on paper there really is very little in it.

But what they do have that we don’t is years of experience at this level.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Forgive me if I ask you to 'unpack' this a little further...

I may be being a little lazy/slow but I am currently swimming against the tide in trying to butcher a couple of rabbits with a dull Sabatier.

Maybe I've misjudged you, you've never struck me as someone who would undertake such a task without advance use of a good steel.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I've misjudged you, you've never struck me as someone who would undertake such a task without advance use of a good steel.

Astute and I shall offer the chin accordingly.

By way of measly mitigation, I lent my carborundum block in good faith to Geoff from the dry cleaners in May and he emigrated to Wales in July without so much as a by your leave.

Loved a corduroy trouser and couldn't play a decent hand of crib out to save his life.

All the signs were there in retrospect.....

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough game but I think in these kinds of matches it suits us to be playing away and hitting teams on the counter attack. I think a draw would be a good result as they have made some good signings and remain a top 10 team. Boly, Coady and Bennett will need to be very sharp indeed when dealing with the likes of Vardy and Gray with Maddison just behind them and wanting to impress in his first home game.

S

Shifnal Wolf

They clearly expect to win and being premier league champions just a couple of years ago so they should ;)

Can’t believe their manager is already under pressure!

As Nuno would say - Stay humble

M

Mr Wolf

Our pace and will unlock them...
Apart from Costa I don’t think we’re that quick as a team for those that will start.

Personally I think a lot of fans have over estimated this teams ability & I think their experience will show.

D

Deleted member 3751

Apart from Costa I don’t think we’re that quick as a team for those that will start.

Personally I think a lot of fans have over estimated this teams ability & I think their experience will show.

Jimenez was clocked as our fastest player against Everton, somewhat surprisingly maybe. I think the fact it's away takes a lot of pressure off and the lack of experience won't be as much of an issue. I'd still take a draw but think we'll perform well in this one

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jota was quick against jags too

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire is going to cause havoc. Leicester will play for those drawed fouls on a scampering Vardy, lump it in from 35-45 yards out on the diagonal, Maguire will plough through our panicky defence.

Leicester are a skilled version of Cardiff.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately I think I agree.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think this’ll be a tougher game than Everton. Although Puel is trying to turn them into a possession-based side with mixed success.

I’d happily take a draw if offered it now.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could be better away from home this season, results wise. There will be an expectancy from the home team to attack us and, playing a counterattacking game will suit us. I hope Traore gets a run out and I really don't think Maguire is all that.

M

Mr Wolf

Jimenez was clocked as our fastest player against Everton, somewhat surprisingly maybe. I think the fact it's away takes a lot of pressure off and the lack of experience won't be as much of an issue. I'd still take a draw but think we'll perform well in this one
Jimenez was the only one who had a straight run through, I’d say that’s why he clocked the fastest time. Costa we know can run well but Jota I wouldn’t class as fast.

We can punish teams on the break but it’s about picking the right balls & having the right skill & movement rather than sheer pace to run past players.

These like Everton will play with 4 at the back with 2 sat in deep & it will be a tough long game.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comment: 'Play like they did against Everton on Saturday I think we will win. I noticed they stand off teams and give them lots of time on the ball'. Some also rate Fulham a better team.

I'm sure we will see a better Wolves than was often on display against Everton. It's a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom