Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The toxicity on this site beggars belief

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I know that this is a forum, but and we are all entitled to our opinions, good or bad, but the amount of vitriol, blaming and stabbing beggars belief.
Yes we lost today - it happens, Burnley seemed to want it more, and needed it more today.
West Ham also lost today, Manchester Utd also had a great weekend (not) and there is still a chance, that we might get onto the European Roller Coaster.
The fat lady has not sung yet, when she does then an d only then we shall know.
What will be will be.
Until then I'm going to leave this great site alone, for a while.
Relax, chill out, and see what happens.
The poison on this site is killing me. Sorry.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just lost another big game where we could close the gap but yet again we didn't show up surely you must expect questions to be asked about individuals?

I'm normally a very positive person especially when it comes to Wolves but i'm getting a little fed up with our attacking play and lack of goals (not just this season). We go a goal down and you just know we won't show any character or quality to get back into the game it is so frustrating..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think it could get far worse before the end of this horrendous season where we finish in the top half of the top division for the 3rd time in 40 years.

To be fair once again I think the frustration is with being so close to doing really well and seeming to screw it up every time.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you think it's bad now, I can remember it being far worse in the past, though then a lot of it was between/against other posters rather than how it is now
win a game or two and all is well lose again and get rid of all the players as not up to it .....

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes correct.
No point replying to him Wednesbury, he’s left the site for a while remember. :)

It does frustrate me when fans think they are doing good by being critical of what other fans say. On a public forum. Should have read the Fighting ****s Forum when Nuno was there if they think this is bad. This forum is like skipping through a field of daisies compared to that.

if folk cant accept that there will be elation after a win, and anger after a defeat, then a public forum perhaps isn’t for them.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair everyone has the right to question, moan blah blah , be praised or disagree.

For me there is 3 main culprits that have gucked it up this 2nd half of the season.

Bruno - maybe hands tied with players but some of the subs or not subs used is baffling to say the least.

Scott Sellers & Jeff Shi

The last two for not backing Bruno when he had such a good chance to do something.
Save a few £££ on Adama and not replace him... don't say Chiqu is his replacement as he cannot even get on the pitch ahead Hwang (lets look to have the most shirt sales in South Korea venture.).

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we lost today - it happens, Burnley seemed to want it more, and needed it more today.
It happens a lot in our case - 31 times now in the last two seasons and counting. We've lost the ability to play below par and still get draws. You have to go down to Brentford in 12th, then Vile in 15th and below, for more defeats this season.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The appointment of Dean Saunders was as low as l have ever seen us sink in my 30+ years as a Wolves fan.

If eighth in the most competitive league in the world is as bad as it goes this season, or any other, then l’m all for more of the same.

We should have beaten Burnley, but in all honesty there’s lots more big games coming up and lots more excitement this season.

I accept it’s the hope that kills you but when all is said and done, most of us would have taken 8th at the start of the season. I thought we were going to be in a relegation scrap and not to have to go through that is a real relief.

Look at the war, not the battle.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We love this club. Love comes with emotions. Where else should we express ourselves, if not here? Where else should we vent? This will continue to happen whether or not you come on and list your complaints in a negative thread you created, so maybe just don’t log in after a loss.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that this is a forum, but and we are all entitled to our opinions, good or bad, but the amount of vitriol, blaming and stabbing beggars belief.
West Ham also lost today, Manchester Utd also had a great weekend (not) and there is still a chance, that we might get onto the European Roller Coaster.
What will be will be.
Oh yeah?……well Smithers started it.;)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It’s been a far better season than I thought we would have after last year.

The only frustration for me is that having put ourselves in a tremendous position to really challenge for a Top 4 place towards the end of January (and with a good run of fixtures coming up), we didn’t try to kick on from a position of strength and actually weakened our squad during the window.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just lost another big game where we could close the gap but yet again we didn't show up surely you must expect questions to be asked about individuals?
Questions can be asked. But why about individuals? It's a team game. Individually every one of them did some good things and also made some mistakes. Unless you mean the individuals running the club? Though even then, I doubt they would turn down a player who would improve us, I suspect the players they really want just haven't been available to us.

My questions would be :"what's special about today that we need an inquest, when we've seen the same thing at least 30 or 40 times in these 4 seasons?" . We rarely batter opponents. . This squad was built for 1-0 wins, gained by stifling opponents and snatching something on the break. If we score 3, it's invariably because we conceded 2, so had to.

We did show up. And we weren't set up negatively. We just don't have the players to play intricately through teams like Burnley, or to even test their defence, let alone run them ragged.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It happens a lot in our case - 31 times now in the last two seasons and counting. We've lost the ability to play below par and still get draws. You have to go down to Brentford in 12th, then Vile in 15th and below, for more defeats this season.

Better to go WLWL than DDDD or even WDDL. (try saying that with your teeth out!) That is why we are above all those teams.

Sometimes it seems that people have a limitless capacity to dig deep to extract as much negativity from a situation as possible. And then dig deeper for some more. Even better when the manager then gets blamed for being "negative". Well, I wonder where he got it from?:)

Nivada

Reaction score
We really do sometimes look elite in our build-up play. Certainly beyond Burnley this game, it's that final third where the panic sets in and they have no clue, no mystery as to what Fosun have got to hone in on this summer window, and if they don't display any sort of ambition then they simply have to sell. they're in control of a club in absolute pole position ffs, there's no excuses.

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Do we take defeat any worse than any other teams supporters?
The fact is we have something to play for and we didn’t look like we did. Which is both frustrating and disappointing.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Questions can be asked. But why about individuals? It's a team game. Individually every one of them did some good things and also made some mistakes. Unless you mean the individuals running the club? Though even then, I doubt they would turn down a player who would improve us, I suspect the players they really want just haven't been available to us.

My questions would be :"what's special about today that we need an inquest, when we've seen the same thing at least 30 or 40 times in these 4 seasons?" . We rarely batter opponents. . This squad was built for 1-0 wins, gained by stifling opponents and snatching something on the break. If we score 3, it's invariably because we conceded 2, so had to.

We did show up. And we weren't set up negatively. We just don't have the players to play intricately through teams like Burnley, or to even test their defence, let alone run them ragged.
Yes it is a team game but from as long as I can remember you would talk about about players in the team I mean it is a big part of the game, shall we not hand MOTM awards out or any individual awards at the end of the season for example? Or is it just the negatives some don't want to hear? It's a game of opinions after all....

We have just had two away games on the bounce against Newcastle and Burnley and we haven't tested either of their keepers anywhere near enough questions of course will be asked...

I like Lage and overall this season has been good but that isn't to say we have weaknesses to address for next season goals being the big area..

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it is a team game but from as long as I can remember you would talk about about players in the team I mean it is a big part of the game, shall we not hand MOTM awards out or any individual awards at the end of the season for example? Or is it just the negatives some don't want to hear? It's a game of opinions after all....

We have just had two away games on the bounce against Newcastle and Burnley and we haven't tested either of their keepers anywhere near enough questions of course will be asked...

I like Lage and overall this season has been good but that isn't to say we have weaknesses to address for next season goals being the big area..
Fair enough. I gave my answer. I just don't think there's any need to spiral off into "OMG Bruno has lost the dressing room Newcastle/Villa/Palace will finish above us and we will be in League 1 in 2 years. The owners must make official statements NOW!!!". This is Wolves, we know we are more likely to beat any of City/Liverpool/Chelsea than we are Burnley. Whatever the result, we will play better in those games, guaranteed. Sometimes its' about the opponents as much as us. And sometimes about a bit of luck either way. Burnley and Newcastle didnt create much either, we lost 2 close games that sometimes we win.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will be will be.
Damn, you're annoying.
Relax, chill out.

T

TheConcourse

The only frustration for me is that having put ourselves in a tremendous position to really challenge for a Top 4 place towards the end of January (and with a good run of fixtures coming up), we didn’t try to kick on from a position of strength and actually weakened our squad during the window.
We’ll never know, but Jeff’s reluctance to spend £30m to move “one place higher” could have actually seen us challenge the top four.

It’s going to get a lot tougher from here. I don’t see a world where United are as bad next season. West Ham will be solid again. Spurs will improve under Conte. Newcastle, Leicester and Villa will all go big.

Meanwhile it’s looking like we’ll sell our best player and rely on Mendes to pick us another gem or two. Fingers crossed he does. His track record is pretty good.

Feels like we’re at the start of a mini rebuild.. could be a few years in the PL wilderness. Let’s see.

R

reanswolf

I think some of the anti-Lage stuff is OTT and same with some of the anti- FOSUN stuff too, but the transfer policy and stagnation combined with an increasing mistrust with the board after the ST price rises has left a disappointingly sour taste.

Let’s hope the summer reinvigorates us all.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ll never know, but Jeff’s reluctance to spend £30m to move “one place higher” could have actually seen us challenge the top four.

It’s going to get a lot tougher from here. I don’t see a world where United are as bad next season. West Ham will be solid again. Spurs will improve under Conte. Newcastle, Leicester and Villa will all go big.

Meanwhile it’s looking like we’ll sell our best player and rely on Mendes to pick us another gem or two. Fingers crossed he does. His track record is pretty good.

Feels like we’re at the start of a mini rebuild.. could be a few years in the PL wilderness. Let’s see.
Man Utd will take years to fix; Wet Ham probably will be solid, not much we can do about that; Conte will be at PSG next season; Leicester will not 'go big'; Newcastle and Villa will spend loads of money on ****e.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will be will be.
Bye then

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Man Utd will take years to fix; Wet Ham probably will be solid, not much we can do about that; Conte will be at PSG next season; Leicester will not 'go big'; Newcastle and Villa will spend loads of money on ****e.

Newcastle will spend loads of money in some Champions League glory bid!, Villa will give up the ghost after blowing half a billion on Smiths crap up to now!, think some youth policy thing from now on!.

T

TheConcourse

If we lose Neves then I’d comfortably bet we’d finish below all of those teams. Let’s see what happens.

We need a lot of work.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst people have lived through the demise of Wolves they’ll never see the next step or the opportunity. Some are just happy to be here.

**** that, I want to win things.
I'm here for the glory not for the pats on the back.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The appointment of Dean Saunders was as low as l have ever seen us sink in my 30+ years as a Wolves fan.

If eighth in the most competitive league in the world is as bad as it goes this season, or any other, then l’m all for more of the same.

We should have beaten Burnley, but in all honesty there’s lots more big games coming up and lots more excitement this season.

I accept it’s the hope that kills you but when all is said and done, most of us would have taken 8th at the start of the season. I thought we were going to be in a relegation scrap and not to have to go through that is a real relief.

Look at the war, not the battle.
Yet we should take our chances and if behind be more proactive in getting back into the game. Sadly we’re neither.
Feather it up all we want but this squad, coach and ultimately ownership need an overhaul.
I accept that our league position is a fantastic achievement. But…It just strikes me that we made sure we were safe and then blew our cheeks and looked for the beach.
Players running the dressing room, not the coach.
The cosiest of cosy clubs I see at Wolves and we’re picking up the bar bill…I want more for us…we’re so close…

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better to go WLWL than DDDD or even WDDL. (try saying that with your teeth out!) That is why we are above all those teams.

Sometimes it seems that people have a limitless capacity to dig deep to extract as much negativity from a situation as possible. And then dig deeper for some more. Even better when the manager then gets blamed for being "negative". Well, I wonder where he got it from?:)
Better still to have the knack to turn some of those losses into draws as I said. Would still be in with a decent shot of Europa if we could. Soon as we're 1-0 down in this sort of game, you can bet your balls to a barn dance that's how it's staying.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What will be will be.
I think it follows a basic rule of thumb for some of:

Any loss to a team outside the big six, it’s a catastrophe and change of either, manager, owner or chairman is needed.

And for those sensitive best to stay off the forum when that happens.

Will all be fine if we put in a convincing win v Brighton.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
I think it follows a basic rule of thumb for some of:

Any loss to a team outside the big six, it’s a catastrophe and change of either, manager, owner or chairman is needed.

And for those sensitive best to stay off the forum when that happens.

Will all be fine if we put in a convincing win v Brighton.

Can't see a convincing win, our front line attack ain't firing at all, perhaps nick a 1-0 win?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, you're totally right.

Interesting reading something about Man Utd last week in that they have understood that they don't actually want Champions League football next season with the troubles they've got and the realisation that they will not be able to do justice to playing those extra games, potentially ruining another season through embarrassment. We know how European football potentially cost us qualifying the following season because we lost our way and it was too much for our small squad to maintain standards.
Not sure i agree with Man Utd because of the money it brings in, but they're already getting the fans ready for a season of transition and "open heart surgery" which could take 12 months. And you look at the size of their squad compared to ours...it's obscene?

It's just frustrating to see that Burnley "wanted it more". Why? This was their 2nd game in a few days and we should have pushed on after half-time to beat them through fitness, but we just didn't have the desire to go all out. Mystifying.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better still to have the knack to turn some of those losses into draws as I said. Would still be in with a decent shot of Europa if we could. Soon as we're 1-0 down in this sort of game, you can bet your balls to a barn dance that's how it's staying.
Yes, what exactly would that knack be? Basically, you can't blame our defence for not turning those defeats into draws, so many narrow 0-1 defeats where we either created nothing, or missed easy chances. The problem that needs addressing is clearly the lack of goal scoring.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Yes, what exactly would that knack be? Basically, you can't blame our defence for not turning those defeats into draws, so many narrow 0-1 defeats where we either created nothing, or missed easy chances. The problem that needs addressing is clearly the lack of goal scoring.
Jimenez has not been the same since back from injury and ìm sorry Silva has effectively shown nothing since signing nearly 2 years ago!, Neto still needs to prove he also can return to form, Trinaco for a £35 million option from Barcelona is likely to go back in the summer and Traore return to be sold as one year on his contract, Hwang just a token South Korean to appeal to our growing Asian TV market?. We have a very poor attack!.

Back
Top Bottom