Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Careful, Dorking is just up the road from me and I used to drive through it going to work every day! Mind you, it’s name is one of the reasons we didn’t move there when we relocated to this area. I just couldn’t imagine having my address as something Dorking, Surrey! ;)

Actually name aside, it’s in a nice area and the Surrey Hills around there are great for walking and cycling. Some decent wine produced at Denbies too, although I prefer some of the Sussex vineyards. :)
Lucky you did not choose to live here then.
1656781626774.png

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So was I.

As I have been with just about every display we've done over the last few years.

I'd take a deep breath and cool down if I were you.

so have I apart from the bully one.And wat I dow need,is yow telling me to cool down Thanks.I'm perfectly fine.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno said he and Wolves had a list of targets they’d like to get in.
The question is 'Are these targets realistic '? The reported responses of the likes of Inacio, Fernandez and Nunes suggests they are not. These are players who want to play CL football which we can't offer and, realitically given how the PL is skewed, may not be able to offer for some years to come.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or is it a simple fact that if you own a Premier Club and you want to stay in that division you have to come up with the resources to do it.
Done that 4 years in a row now.

But ultimately, I think our problem is getting people to come here. Maybe we need a manager that's a bigger draw. There aren't many reasons why you should come here. Poor football. Unspectacular squad. Good facilities.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just so you know. Since I was a child, I don’t do blind faith. That’s for fools. Everyone who knows me would agree that I’m no lemming.

However, unlike some fans, I do, trust Jeff, ( until I get a real adult reason not too). There has been money available the last several years. Players are coming in on a steady basis. Take even last summer….we were trying to get Botman and Sanchez. I presume that money is still available.
And if Trincao had impressed more we’d have paid for him.

Remember last year’s Ask Wolves……Jeff said ( I think my quote is accurate from memory), …”of course money is available”.

If I recall accurately, both Bruno and Jeff said that if the right player is available at the right price, that they’d try to get them.
Straight from the Jezza quote book

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it an easy excuse for the club? Or a difficult reality for fans to accept?

Well it doesn’t seem to be as hard for other PL clubs who seem able to get their business done. It also wasn’t hard for us back when we had just been promoted and had, on paper, less to offer potential players.

The consistent difference? When we had just been promoted, we spent net positive on players. Clubs spending net positive over the past 12-18 months have also got their business done.

So I’m forced to agree that the difference is that we are not able to spend without selling first, which is exactly what Scott said.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done that 4 years in a row now.

But ultimately, I think our problem is getting people to come here. Maybe we need a manager that's a bigger draw. There aren't many reasons why you should come here. Poor football. Unspectacular squad. Good facilities.
You have hit the nail on the head. We are not the most attractive draw therefore we would need something to compensate for that. As you infer a manager or coach could do that but there are other things also. To do that you need the will to do it and the right people at the top.
If you were not a Wolves fan would you be inspired by this Club?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only silver lining for me is that the next owners should have some wriggle room financially.

Just like Newcastle.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I felt sure the Barca/Traore ‘loan deal’ was more than a loan because Barca’s financial situation and restrictions would change in July.

And it sure looks like I got it wrong, ( lol….it’s not over yet, but I will admit that the fat lady is clearing her throat).

That aside, it was a great move by Jeff and if Adama had impressed Barca then Wolves would have been £29 m richer. Off load a guy who doesn’t want to be here.
They paid his wages since January

Its very, very possible that this time next year Adama will walk away and Wolves will get nothing for the 4 years he was here but was only decent for one of those. Terrible pity.

You were wrong? No way

Reactions: Ian

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes I felt sure the Barca/Traore ‘loan deal’ was more than a loan because Barca’s financial situation and restrictions would change in July.

And it sure looks like I got it wrong, ( lol….it’s not over yet, but I will admit that the fat lady is clearing her throat).

That aside, it was a great move by Jeff and if Adama had impressed Barca then Wolves would have been £29 m richer. Off load a guy who doesn’t want to be here.
They paid his wages since January

Its very, very possible that this time next year Adama will walk away and Wolves will get nothing for the 4 years he was here but was only decent for one of those. Terrible pity.
The worse loan agreement in history, no obligation to buy. All on sellars shoulders…

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What exactly does a scholarship entail?
No idea. Maybe he goes to school then trains with us, then back to school, then probably gets an afternoon off to watch the first team train then school again, quick fag behind the bike shed without Sir seeing you, then home.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Careful, Dorking is just up the road from me and I used to drive through it going to work every day! Mind you, it’s name is one of the reasons we didn’t move there when we relocated to this area. I just couldn’t imagine having my address as something Dorking, Surrey! ;)

Actually name aside, it’s in a nice area and the Surrey Hills around there are great for walking and cycling. Some decent wine produced at Denbies too, although I prefer some of the Sussex vineyards. :)
Dorking is a great club, you been down there? There's a youtube series that based around the club (bunch of amateurs) that is fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing them at Victoria Road next season.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been anti Fosun, but i think as it stands right now, i think i'm starting to lean towards being displeased with them. I've said it before, they cant sell their fan base the dreams they did then rip them away and not expect a backlash.
You needed to take a few more pinches of salt with Fosuns opening salvo.

Besides as you've said, they were dreams not promises.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reporters?…..gimme a break.
I‘d rather believe Bruno and Jeff, ( who actually know what the situation is at Wolves), who have said money is available.

Who has said we cannot afford €8m for Almeida .. nobody has .. I expected him to sign as advised but has not happened because of money but believe he may have been replacement for Mouts
There is money available for right players . It is finding them that improve the team and they want to come

What you're saying but not saying is that unless we get Mouts off the books (thus saving money) we're not signing him.

Of course it's about the money. We should have some, they've told us we have for a few years, but we're not making signings without shedding players first.

Unless we sell Neves or Moutinho leaves we arent buying a first team midfielder.

What a sad state of affairs.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it doesn’t seem to be as hard for other PL clubs who seem able to get their business done. It also wasn’t hard for us back when we had just been promoted and had, on paper, less to offer potential players.

The consistent difference? When we had just been promoted, we spent net positive on players. Clubs spending net positive over the past 12-18 months have also got their business done.

So I’m forced to agree that the difference is that we are not able to spend without selling first, which is exactly what Scott said.
I think Villa can sign players because they have Stevie G, who had a massive reputation as a player.
West ham upwards can offer European football.
What have we got?
We used to play exciting football. We slowed it down.
We used to be a place where teenage future Portuguese internationals got a tonne of games. We can't really offer that sort of guarantee anymore. We try to compete with Arsenal, Spurs et al for signings and inevitably lose out.
Spending net positive is never going to be possible long term with FFP.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of communication about pre-season friendlies..Or way too late.
Lack of communication on new shirts.Are we having an away one ?
Lack of communication on Moutinho....Staying leaving or left.
The megastore is a shambles.
I could gew on,and on and on.

Unless it involves this e-sports they just dow want to know.

Tadpole retired don't you know. Gutted.

Seriously wtaf was that doing on the official Wolves site?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you're saying but not saying is that unless we get Mouts off the books (thus saving money) we're not signing him.

Of course it's about the money. We should have some, they've told us we have for a few years, but we're not making signings without shedding players first.

Unless we sell Neves or Moutinho leaves we arent buying a first team midfielder.

What happens if Neves, Mouts and Donk all leave?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Moutinho has gone he's a free agent and is talking to other clubs so he's not on the books.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dorking is a great club, you been down there? There's a youtube series that based around the club (bunch of amateurs) that is fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing them at Victoria Road next season.

No. When my son was younger he used to play a host of the amateur teams around East and West Sussex and the neighbouring area of Surrey. Our local team is Horsham, who recently moved to a new stadium after years of squatting after selling their old ground for housing.

D

Deleted member (smith)

So far we have got rid of Vinagre, Marcal, Saiss and Moutinho has not (yet ) resigned and Traore s contract expires in just under 12 months and it doesn’t look like he will renew.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t he struggle to get a game for Grasshoppers?
He didn’t get as many minutes as he’d like but no he didn’t struggle to get games in the sense of him not being good enough. He featured in all but 5 of the games, one of those he was suspended for. He was victim of a change in formation as Grasshoppers tried to save their season. Two in midfield, one of which is Kawabe, so the other needed to be a defensive midfielder which Jordao really isn’t.
no he was injured he was flying at familicao
No he wasn’t (not on loan at Grasshoppers anyway), he was injured back end of his spell with Famalicao and for the first half of last season before he joined Grasshoppers on his recovery

Is he any good? He's been like non existent for years.
He definitely shows glimpses of class, particularly at Familicao but his development will definitely have been hindered by a few injuries.

If he’s our regular answer in midfield this season I’d be disappointed. He needs games

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Villa can sign players because they have Stevie G, who had a massive reputation as a player.
West ham upwards can offer European football.
What have we got?
We used to play exciting football. We slowed it down.
We used to be a place where teenage future Portuguese internationals got a tonne of games. We can't really offer that sort of guarantee anymore. We try to compete with Arsenal, Spurs et al for signings and inevitably lose out.
Spending net positive is never going to be possible long term with FFP.

Then you’re not disagreeing that we need to sell to buy? So we’re not signing Nunes unless we sell players would 30m+

I’m not saying we won’t sign players and I fully accept that in some cases, we don’t follow through a player of interest because we haven’t sold the Wolves player he’s intended to replace. Palhinha is just the latest example.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then you’re not disagreeing that we need to sell to buy? So we’re not signing Nunes unless we sell players would 30m+

I’m not saying we won’t sign players and I fully accept that in some cases, we don’t follow through a player of interest because we haven’t sold the Wolves player he’s intended to replace. Palhinha is just the latest example.
I dunno, because I don't know what we have left over from the last window. They sure as hell aren't going to be saying to everybody how much they are going to spend, and any deal we line up is probably going to involve finance, so I don't think it's that simple.
I don't see the point of acting the way that is currently being often implied; of going a long way through a deal that we haven't actually got the money for.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A lot of people on here need to call the Samaritans for help !!

For God’s sake take a chill pill and stress less

If you think the club are not trying to strengthen the obvious holes in the first team then I believe you are deluded

I believe not having a director of football who is well known in the upper echelons of European football or a manager that was a famous player counts against us but I still believe that we will strengthen the first team with min 4 new players

Call me a happy clapper if you want but there is no way Fosun will want their investment to loose loads of value by being relegated

So relax and if we have not signed any first team players in 30 days then we can be concerned but there is still about 9 weeks of this window left and the dominoes will very soon start to fall

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom