Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of communication about pre-season friendlies..Or way too late.
Lack of communication on new shirts.Are we having an away one ?
Lack of communication on Moutinho....Staying leaving or left.
The megastore is a shambles.
I could gew on,and on and on.

Unless it involves this e-sports they just dow want to know.
I feel a new chanting coming on mate....."You can stick your ****ing esports up your **** ,
You can stick your ****ing esports up your ****,
"You can stick your ****ing esports, stick your ****ing esports,
You can stick your ****ing esports up your **** .....sideways ".

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because to believe there is money available requires faith, and to trust what Jeff says. Unfortunately there is no evidence of money available for the past couple of years, and after repeatedly saying one thing and then not doing it, many have little trust in what Jeff says.

Personally, I don’t believe in blind faith and Jeff broke my trust in his statements on transfers last summer. I’ll believe there is money to spend when I see evidence of it, and trust needs to be earned.
Amen. Trust is gone.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has said we cannot afford €8m for Almeida .. nobody has .. I expected him to sign as advised but has not happened because of money but believe he may have been replacement for Mouts
There is money available for right players . It is finding them that improve the team and they want to come

No disrespect intended, but for the club, they are easy excuses not to spend. We tried, but the player didn’t want to come. We couldn’t find anyone who would improve the team who was available and would come. If the right player becomes available there is money. Lots of clubs talk a good talk, but fail to follow through with action. We didn’t use to be that club under Fosun, but over the past 12-18 months, we’ve done just that.

I’m increasingly convinced Fosun are not in it for the long term anymore, but have adopted a minimum spend, self sufficiency model pending a sale. They may as well just be honest about it and get on with it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because to believe there is money available requires faith, and to trust what Jeff says. Unfortunately there is no evidence of money available for the past couple of years, and after repeatedly saying one thing and then not doing it, many have little trust in what Jeff says.

Personally, I don’t believe in blind faith and Jeff broke my trust in his statements on transfers last summer. I’ll believe there is money to spend when I see evidence of it, and trust needs to be earned.
Just so you know. Since I was a child, I don’t do blind faith. That’s for fools. Everyone who knows me would agree that I’m no lemming.

However, unlike some fans, I do, trust Jeff, ( until I get a real adult reason not too). There has been money available the last several years. Players are coming in on a steady basis. Take even last summer….we were trying to get Botman and Sanchez. I presume that money is still available.
And if Trincao had impressed more we’d have paid for him.

Remember last year’s Ask Wolves……Jeff said ( I think my quote is accurate from memory), …”of course money is available”.

If I recall accurately, both Bruno and Jeff said that if the right player is available at the right price, that they’d try to get them.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he any good? He's been like non existent for years.
Not a clue to be honest. The last time I saw him he was stood on the touchline at Molineux waiting to come on for about ten minutes.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Yeah I’ll be annoyed if Jordao is our ‘new’ midfielder for the season, but am sure he had a better reputation than Neto upon arrival.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I long to see the first new player showing a Wolves scraf. I kill myself with envy, reading about other teams signing new players. Forest have made a good loan signing from United, taking Hendersen as their first team keeper. He had saved Sheffield United in their first season in the premier.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club has a stench of relegation oozing from it. Bizarrely though, it’s like all the fans can see it, yet the owners are oblivious to it all.

This rhetoric around so and so was a replacement for x, so and so was a replacement for y, for goodness sake we need at least 3-4 additions to the match day squad.

Things do not look good at all. The silence is deafening.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally think we've lost Moutinho but hope I'm wrong.
Plenty of other teams will give him a 2 year contract and that sounds like what he needs giving him greater job security towards the end of his career.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just so you know. Since I was a child, I don’t do blind faith. That’s for fools. Everyone who knows me would agree that I’m no lemming.

However, unlike some fans, I do, trust Jeff, ( until I get a real adult reason not too). There has been money available the last several years. Players are coming in on a steady basis. Take even last summer….we were trying to get Botman and Sanchez. I presume that money is still available.
And if Trincao had impressed more we’d have paid for him.

Remember last year’s Ask Wolves……Jeff said ( I think my quote is accurate from memory), …”of course money is available”.

If I recall accurately, both Bruno and Jeff said that if the right player is available at the right price, that they’d try to get them.

Read all that you said and then tell me where the evidence is?

Boatman and Sanches - neither signed. How is that evidence there is money?

Trincao was loaned and returned, like Vitinha before him. Evidence of money available?

Yes I remember Ask Wolves 1 and 2. That’s the point. Jeff says, the money is there, but strangely we have lots of excuses given why we didn’t spend it. Then there was Jeff and Scott explaining how they acknowledged they left the squad thin when Raul got injured, but did very nothing to grow it, and very little to strengthen it over the following summer.

Yes we have spent a little money on cheap buys, but the accounts show that has all come within net zero investment in the squad. That’s quite literally evidence of no money to spend beyond that generated by sales and reduced wages from players leaving.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read all that you said and then tell me where the evidence is?

Boatman and Sanches - neither signed. How is that evidence there is money?

Trincao was loaned and returned, like Vitinha before him. Evidence of money available?

Yes I remember Ask Wolves 1 and 2. That’s the point. Jeff says, the money is there, but strangely we have lots of excuses given why we didn’t spend it. Then there was Jeff and Scott explaining how they acknowledged they left the squad thin when Raul got injured, but did very nothing to grow it, and very little to strengthen it over the following summer.

Yes we have spent a little money on cheap buys, but the accounts show that has all come within net zero investment in the squad. That’s quite literally evidence of no money to spend beyond that generated by sales and reduced wages from players leaving.
I’m off to the gym….my reply later.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I call that a display...so would the other volunteers that helped.

Nice of you to be so dismissive of their hard work.

I was ****ing there putting flags on seats wen it was ****ing down with rain for the display wen we played man u in the facup...Sunshine.And 2 others so ya dow need to tell me anything about helping out.That's for sure.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of transfers is one thing, it's the silence from the club that's annoying me the most.
Zero communication with the fanbase other than a few kick around videos on Twitter.
It is concerning but not surprising

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff told me there's money there, but only if he can be guaranteed to make 175% profit on resale.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Plenty of other teams will give him a 2 year contract and that sounds like what he needs giving him greater job security towards the end of his career.

Isn't Moutinho still on holiday? Quite possible he's agreed to sign new deal while away but won't be announced until he's back. If he isn't signed up by next week I imagine he's off.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is not going to sign for us this summer. I’m not ITK, but of that I’m certain.
There has been enough talk to strongly suggests that he does not want to come here so do we really want a player that has not got his heart in it.
Similarly will Neves feel as committed to the club knowing that they wanted to sell him? Will MGW be happy to be here if we make him stay? There may be others not happy to be here.
Would that be a good platform for a successful team?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't Moutinho still on holiday? Quite possible he's agreed to sign new deal while away but won't be announced until he's back. If he isn't signed up by next week I imagine he's off.

I agree that we will know one way or the other next week. If he doesn’t sign, then I imagine we will see a player come in on loan with a buy option, maybe from Barca since they have a load available and need to offload some from their wage bill.

Reaction score
I was ****ing there putting flags on seats wen it was ****ing down with rain for the display wen we played man u in the facup...Sunshine.And 2 others so ya dow need to tell me anything about helping out.That's for sure.
So was I.

As I have been with just about every display we've done over the last few years.

I'd take a deep breath and cool down if I were you.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Saw on insta it was his wedding anniversary wasn't it sometime this last week

Plus all people who played International games are back next week

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he the only one not smiling?
Either a moody 16 year old who thinks he looks cooler not smiling, he was told he was going to Ibiza with the lads before he realised he was in Wolverhampton or he’s been trafficked and is subject to modern day slavery and those other three are the gang members who are running him. I suspect it might the first option.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mind you thinking about it more would you smile if you were called Dom Plank from Dorking.

Careful, Dorking is just up the road from me and I used to drive through it going to work every day! Mind you, it’s name is one of the reasons we didn’t move there when we relocated to this area. I just couldn’t imagine having my address as something Dorking, Surrey! ;)

Actually name aside, it’s in a nice area and the Surrey Hills around there are great for walking and cycling. Some decent wine produced at Denbies too, although I prefer some of the Sussex vineyards. :)

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Moutinho is a multi millionaire. Job security is therefore irrelevant. Family life is very important to him at this stage and they are settled in Wolverhampton. I get the impression it would be a real wrench for him to leave. No harm in him holding out for a better deal or exploring other options, but his decision won't be driven by whether he can make ends meet.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho is a multi millionaire. Job security is therefore irrelevant. Family life is very important to him at this stage and they are settled in Wolverhampton. I get the impression it would be a real wrench for him to leave. No harm in him holding out for a better deal or exploring other options, but his decision won't be driven by whether he can make ends meet.
You sound like his Agent Agent ;)

Back
Top Bottom