Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The positive side of football

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to make someone feel special does it .
Tim Krul used to live in the same village as my boy...nice bloke apparently.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
well done to every person that has tried to support this lad,i have always said about "celebrities"it costs them nothing to do a good deed but makes the recipient feel a million dollars if only in the short term

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another positive story to hear on BBC WM just now, is a 5-a-side Youth Football Tournament, taking place this Friday from 2pm at Star City in Birmingham, in memory of Cody Fisher who was tragically murdered on Boxing Day.

The tournament will raise funds for Birmingham Saves No to Knife Crime and Youth Violence, which is ran by White Dee, who was on Benefit Street nine years ago and of whom had money raised by one of Cody’s best friends, who earlier this year climbed Mount Snowdon in his honour.

There has been that much interest in the competition, that 30 teams have been turned away and another one will be done in the Summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well done to every person that has tried to support this lad,i have always said about "celebrities"it costs them nothing to do a good deed but makes the recipient feel a million dollars if only in the short term
Spot on.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are many good things done by footballers, but sadly the media only want to tell us about the bad side of the game.

Well done to everyone who has supported this lad, it is probably the best medicine he could have had.

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit I do enjoy reading stories and watching video clips where youngsters who have illnesses or suffered in life and who support a certain team get a proper VIP treatment. Ive seen it recently at West Ham, Everton and of course Wolves.

its so heart warming just how chuffed these youngsters feel when their idols take the time to speak to them, give them a signed shirt and make them feel so special etc. its priceless.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit I do enjoy reading stories and watching video clips where youngsters who have illnesses or suffered in life and who support a certain team get a proper VIP treatment. Ive seen it recently at West Ham, Everton and of course Wolves.

its so heart warming just how chuffed these youngsters feel when their idols take the time to speak to them, give them a signed shirt and make them feel so special etc. its priceless.
Not a child and what must have been 25 years ago now (holy crap) my cousin's husband, a huge west ham fan was terminally ill with cancer...

He'd been to hospital in what was a regular occurrence, and when he got home Julian Dicks was sat in his front room! He stayed a couple of hours drinking tea and talking football...

Months later, the funeral procession drove past the main stand at the Boleyn ground on his last journey, west ham flew their flags at half mast.

I've always (sometimes begrudgingly) maintained a soft spot for west ham. I'll be cheering them on v fiorentina next week.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a child and what must have been 25 years ago now (holy crap) my cousin's husband, a huge west ham fan was terminally ill with cancer...

He'd been to hospital in what was a regular occurrence, and when he got home Julian Dicks was sat in his front room! He stayed a couple of hours drinking tea and talking football...

Months later, the funeral procession drove past the main stand at the Boleyn ground on his last journey, west ham flew their flags at half mast.

I've always (sometimes begrudgingly) maintained a soft spot for west ham. I'll be cheering them on v fiorentina next week.
Ironically my son’s fiancée is a West Ham fan and her parents have sold their property in Essex and moved to Telford by us. Her dad drives to every west ham game and they went to all the European games. All of them off to Prague next week. I dont mind West Ham either, A proper club and one of the very few London clubs I can tolerate.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A lovely story, Bill, thanks for sharing.

Even the most maligned clubs seem to have a heart which is great.

Back
Top Bottom