Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The phrases that pundits and commentators can't live without now

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate when they describe blatant cheating as "smart play"
Yeah. When pundits call a dirty chop on a player who is advancing up the pitch, a "really good foul to give away". Heard Murphy and others use it. Even if it goes on tacitly and unspoken, to admit it and frame it as a positive is so cynical it makes my skin crawl. They're the sort of people who would agree with Spurs' hatchet job on Traore a couple of seasons ago. There are still impressionable kids listening to you, you cretin.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Low block is one million percentage the worst. Absolute nonsensical saying, said by people who were gimps at school, never played football till they were 16, and support players as opposed to their local team.

High press is up there.

Describing a blatant cheating dive as clever.

Finally, anyone condoning the use of VAR, in anyway shape or form.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Low block is one million percentage the worst. Absolute nonsensical saying, said by people who were gimps at school, never played football till they were 16, and support players as opposed to their local team.

High press is up there.

High press I don't mind so much. It was when the world was talking about gegenpressing as though the Germans invented it.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly the point of this thread, but I had to yell at Youtube twice this morning while listening to the Judah/Kean Vlog on last night's game, when Kean said, not once, but twice, that Doyle had scored his 'first Premier League goal'. It was the FA Cup, you plank!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

High press is up there.

Absolutely.

Also anyone suggesting that anything is more than 100% ;)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Don Goodman book of things to say:

(When a Wolves player goes down): "It's a contact sport and there was not enough contact for me. That's never a foul in a million years."
(When a Wolves opponent goes down): "Yes there's minimal contact but he had every right to go down. That's smart play to win the foul. The Wolves player is naive to ever thing he'd get away with that. That's a free kick every time".

Listen out for it, he does this with variations on every one of our matches he commentates on.

Back
Top Bottom