Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The pack are closing in on 2nd

T

The Alchemist

If everyone won their games in hand the table would look like this:

Wolves 77 pts
Birmingham 72 pts
Reading 71 pts
Sheff Utd 69 pts
Cardiff 69 pts

Squeaky Bum time for Blues and Reading :)

I think they will be looking down at the chasing pack rather than up at us now.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If everyone won their games in hand the table would look like this:

Wolves 77 pts
Birmingham 72 pts
Reading 71 pts
Sheff Utd 69 pts
Cardiff 69 pts

Squeaky Bum time for Blues and Reading :)

I think they will be looking down at the chasing pack rather than up at us now.

IMHO, Coppell, Mcleish etal have forgotten about top. I think they are all looking at that second spot.

P

Paul76

If I was in second position, I'd be crapping myself. There really is no room for error. I think Sheffield united are the most likely to gatecrash the party.

D

Dewsburywolf

IMHO, Coppell, Mcleish etal have forgotten about top. I think they are all looking at that second spot.

Just as long as Mick McCarthy has the boys thinking differently.

One game at a time please.

WE AREN'T CHAMPIONS YET!

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Birmingham shouldn't have, not with us still to play.

If they had won yesterday then I would agree.

but they are effectively 6 points behind. If they beat us, then they may start looking at the top spot

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as long as Mick McCarthy has the boys thinking differently.

One game at a time please.

WE AREN'T CHAMPIONS YET!

You and glasgow are the odd couple of Molineux Mix.

The eternal optimist and the die hard pessimist!;)

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't get carried away if we lose to birmingham next up we are dragged back in to it with the rest of them.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Dragon... honestly I don't, I'm a naturally happy person, and given my circumstances thats some achievement! :D
I am enjoying the season, and all that goes with it, but one game at a time thats all.

H

Hatch End Wolf

One game at a time........draw against Blooze two weeks tomorrow ( my forecast ) and they would only have 5 games left to catch up 5 points.
Every game we win, and they don't, takes us further away.
As has been said before on this thread, they have the additional pressure of Reading, Sheff and Cardiff who ( could! ) be close behind if they win their games in hand.

We've got pressure on us, but for once we've got the points advantage and we're grinding out results which really must be annoying the other lot!

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dragon... honestly I don't, I'm a naturally happy person, and given my circumstances thats some achievement! :D
I am enjoying the season, and all that goes with it, but one game at a time thats all.

I am with you on that Mutchy..... one game at a time

D

danish greg

I think Blues will be looking at, to make sure that they don`t lose to us,as the best option to retain their second place.

K

Kenny-11

I think Blues will be looking at, to make sure that they don`t lose to us,as the best option to retain their second place.

Blues will want to beat us. It gets them back in the race for title. Would give them a huge confidence boost. Could dent our young players confidence.

We have to go at them. Play a proper left sided player to run at them and we will create plenty of chances to win.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its starting to look like it could be us and Sheff United. Sheff U play Ipswich and Barnsley next whereas Wolves and Blues just play each other. If we beat Blues and Sheff U win their matches and Reading win their match against Coventry the table would look like this:
Wolves Pl 41 Pts 80
Sheff U Pl 41 Pts 72 (current GD 21)
Blues Pl 41 Pts 72 (current GD 14)
Reading Pl 40 Pts 71

The next game would be Sheff U v Reading.

Blues & Reading could now easily be looking at playoffs. Of course if we screw it so could we but it puts an interesting spin on who we are glancing back towards.

V

Virginia Wolf

Blues will want to beat us. It gets them back in the race for title. Would give them a huge confidence boost. Could dent our young players confidence.

Shame it's on the telly really given our usual Sky performances (ignoring Charlton last season and THAT goal from SEB).

And I say that even though I will be able to watch the match from my side of the pond via Slingbox.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have to go at them. Play a proper left sided player to run at them and we will create plenty of chances to win.

Blues will not come out and go for the win, they will be looking not to lose, and sneak the win if possible.

A win puts them in the run for the title, but in my mind they are looking at Second.

What they will think is Draw with us, win the rest and if we slip up they could nick the title.
They will be hoping to be 4 points clear of Reading going into the last game.

Fixtures

Saturday, 4 April 2009

Coventry v Reading, 15:00
Sheff Utd v Ipswich, 15:00

Monday, 6 April 2009
Birmingham v Wolverhampton, 19:45

Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Sheff Utd v Barnsley, 19:45

Friday, 10 April 2009
Reading v Sheff Utd, 17:30
Wolverhampton v Southampton, 15:15

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Charlton v Birmingham, 15:00

Monday, 13 April 2009

Birmingham v Plymouth, 15:00
Blackpool v Reading, 15:00
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, 15:00
Derby v Wolverhampton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 11 April 2009
Charlton v Birmingham, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, 13 April 2009

Birmingham v Plymouth, 15:00
Blackpool v Reading, 15:00
Derby v Wolverhampton,
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, 15:00

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Reading v Barnsley, 15:00
Watford v Birmingham, 15:00
Wolverhampton v QPR, 15:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 20 April 2009

Burnley v Sheff Utd, 19:45

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 21 April

Derby v Reading, 19:45

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Barnsley v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Birmingham v Preston, 17:20
Sheff Utd v Swansea, 15:00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 27 April 2009

Norwich v Reading, 19:45

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 3 May 2009

Wolverhampton v Doncaster, 15:00
Reading v Birmingham, 15:00
Crystal Palace v Sheff Utd, 15:00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What these fixtures show is the number of teams that have to play themselves.

Sheffield Utd, Reading, and Blues cannot all win all there games.

Sheffield Utd have 2 local derby's, plus tough games versus Crystal Palarse, and Swansea.

IMHO Reading and Blues are battling for second, Sheffield Utd will drop out of the equation.

D

Deleted member 3751

Agree but can't see them going all out for the win, I think they'll see a point against the side top, with the best away record in the league as a point gained. They'll be looking at it as a 'must not lose' game. Same goes for us I think, but think we'll be a bit more expansive and attacking than they will.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Agree but can't see them going all out for the win, I think they'll see a point against the side top, with the best away record in the league as a point gained. They'll be looking at it as a 'must not lose' game. Same goes for us I think, but think we'll be a bit more expansive and attacking than they will.

I agree -- It worries me if we set up to get a draw. We don't have the nouse to do that. As the old saying goes 'Attack is the best form of defence!'

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has been done to death, and yes we are in a great position but as MM said, we are still a million miles away from job done. Lose to Blues, Reading win there game in hand, suddenly the table is lot more scary looking.

One things for sure about 5pm bank holiday monday i reckon we will either be virtually promoted, or well and truly dragged back into the pack.

One game at a time. Confident, yet proffesional, and we will be fine. Come on me babbies!

N

Nashie

Did anyone see the Palace Reading game? The Palace winger Moses looked like a good player.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Palace Reading game? The Palace winger Moses looked like a good player.

I was thinking that at the time. Extremely impressive. End product needs a bit of work, but he was very threatening all game.

If I was MM I'd be tempted to make a bid if we got promoted. Though you know perma-tan man would kick-off.

N

Nashie

I was thinking that at the time. Extremely impressive. End product needs a bit of work, but he was very threatening all game.

If I was MM I'd be tempted to make a bid if we got promoted. Though you know perma-tan man would kick-off.

Yea, in the end they were doubling up on him and he still kept beating them with pace and trickery. Not finished article, but he's only 18 I think. I would be very tempted to bid for him.

Welwyn Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yea, in the end they were doubling up on him and he still kept beating them with pace and trickery. Not finished article, but he's only 18 I think. I would be very tempted to bid for him.

My Palace housemates seem to think some of the 'big four' are sniffing around him. He's certainly a fantastic talent, he just turned 18, is quick, strong, skillful and can play on the wing or upfront.

Nathaniel Clyne looks like a quality right-back too, he's only 17, I think.

L

Langdale Wolf

Moses looked quality, except that disgraceful dive late on.

Couldn't believe he's only 18 - he's a big lad. Very impressed with his pace.

P

Powelly

Whilst obviously we're still looking at the top 2 places, its great that we have mathmatically secured a play off spot at worst with 6 games to go...

Personally i believe another 5 points willl be enough for 2nd, and 8 for the title given that Reading still have to play Sheff U and Blues, and our fixture against Blues.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That last fixture for Brum and Reading is a lifeline for me if things go tits up for us again, as both or one of them will get either a point or nothing.

Now if Blades of Cardiff get in the equation it could $$$$ everything up!

I'll take a draw with Brum now!

S

Shergar

I've had a meeting with some Blades fans this morning and I'm with some Cardiff STH's tomorrow, it seems we are becoming their second favourite club for the time being, they are willing us to beat Brum and go out of range as they are all targetting the second place, it's worrying!

(I can't deal with any Reading customers as they have labelled me as a bovril/coin throwing lout who is more interested in raping them!:rolleyes:)

O

OCD Wolf

Just realised how much we can really screw Blues over if we beat 'em. Come on, let it be...

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now if Blades of Cardiff get in the equation it could $$$$ everything up!

Cardiff are 14 points (plus goal difference) behind us. They're soon to embark on a run of four games in eight days. Honestly, you don't need to worry about them.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Fingers crossed for a good result against the Blues, do you think they can let us have 20000 tickets?

Come on the Wolves

M

Mr Zuki

Whilst obviously we're still looking at the top 2 places, its great that we have mathmatically secured a play off spot at worst with 6 games to go...

Personally i believe another 5 points willl be enough for 2nd, and 8 for the title given that Reading still have to play Sheff U and Blues, and our fixture against Blues.

By my reckoning Preston could finish with 79 and finish above us so we're not sure of a playoff place yet are we? Deutsch?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Now got Marlin Harewood too.....

Lets hope he and SEB can fire us over the finish line

Come on the Wolves

D

Dewsburywolf

Cardiff are 14 points (plus goal difference) behind us. They're soon to embark on a run of four games in eight days. Honestly, you don't need to worry about them.

Think he was saying hat Blues need to be worried by Cardiff Deutsch not us.

Back
Top Bottom