Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The O'Neil Post Victory Fist Bump

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was on twitter this morning and noticed some Liverpool fans expressing some annoyance at GON supposedly stealing/copying Klopps (patented) celebration. I had been unaware that as well as being the best manager in the world of all time, he had also invented celebrating a victory with a bit of fist bumping? I made a bit of fun out of this and found myself inundated with responses from irate Liverpool fans.

For a city that supposedly prides itself on its sense of humour, they must have some of the thinnest skinned and most irritating supporters on earth? Honestly I would absolutely **** myself if we were to disrupt the national week of mourning by beating them on the last day. Even better if GON is shown fist bumping the entire ground at the end. We would never hear the end of it from them. We owe them for all the times we've been screwed up there.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit like rashford copying neves goal celebration or nuno doing fist pumps before klopp
Entitled arrogant fans
Yeah I had one saying that Klopp has been doing the fist bump for at least 5/6 years, which would have been round about the time nuno was doing pretty much the exact same thing down here. I strongly suspect that Jurgen Klopp did not actually invent the fist bump celebration, but also if he did, it also doesn't actually matter that GON is using it?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans are the most thin skinned, victimhood mentality and entitled supporters in the world. They demand everyone worship at the altar of Liverpool and accept their moral superiority as fans. The whole 'this means more' *******s. They really believe they are unique and above all other football supporters.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had one getting irate with me about us chanting bin dippers and feed the scousers and whilst I see the point (its not me specifically chanting it), but I do have to wonder if football is really for some people? Fans sing silly stuff to get a rise out of other fans shocker. No-one tell them that we sing that wolves are the greatest team the world has ever seen ffs. They'll demand action is taken

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what I like about the GON fist bump/pump? O'Neill actually seems like a bit of an introverted guy, who would probably rather not be doing it, but the players and fans really want him to, and he's created such a nice vibe that he deserves to have a bit of fun when we win. Its hurts no-one. Only Liverpool fans could get mortally offended about something as silly as this, as well as that grave crime of opposing fans singing songs and winding them up during a match.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to tell one particularly persistent and irritating Liverpool fan that we copied 'Si Senor' from Boca Juniors. He might combust

SmudgeWolf

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere on t’internet.

In 1877, Wolverhampton started a football team. 5 years later 1892 Liverpool copied them.
How ridiculous does the above sound.?
Also Wolves scored the first penalty kick in the football league, so on that basis Liverpool and everyone else should refuse to take them as they are just copying us when they do so

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a German league thing...they all do it after every win.....it's not a Klopp invention...
Can't wait for us to do the squad holding hands and running and jumping in front of the South Bank or Kilman jumping in and leading us in a rendition of Gary O'Neil's Barmy Army.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't like it. It seems bit awkward for him. Nuno did it better.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like it. It seems bit awkward for him. Nuno did it better.
Like I was saying I think he'd probably rather not, but people want him to. Which is kind of nice really?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have secured peace with the Liverpool fans by offering to issue a public statement condemning any chanting that they don't like and for Gary O'Neill using the fist pump. I am calling on Wolves to ensure that Liverpool receive payment for any future use of this celebration and that we clear any/all chants with them beforehand.

Inevitably one of them just asked me if I'd find chants about hillsborough funny or acceptable, and you really do have to wonder how some peoples minds work? What I don't find very funny (and a little offensive), is people trying to shoehorn in a horrible tragedy that is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, in order to try and win some random and pointless argument. I have never known any Wolves fan ever chant about this?

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Like I was saying I think he'd probably rather not, but people want him to. Which is kind of nice really?
I am sure there was an interview with him where he actually said that, he said he didn't like doing it but the team liked him to and so did the fans, he said he would carry on until either didn't (or I guess until the Liverpool fans get their local MPs and the mayor of Manchester to call out the unfairness of him doing it?).

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure there was an interview with him where he actually said that, he said he didn't like doing it but the team liked him to and so did the fans, he said he would carry on until either didn't (or I guess until the Liverpool fans get their local MPs and the mayor of Manchester to call out the unfairness of him doing it?).
Hearing that the issue may be raised in parliament soon. 10 pts deduction incoming

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been involved in a mexican wave or two at Molineux and we did the icelandic clap for a bit at one time? Klopp didn't start those off too did he?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I distinctly remember they got the hump over Wolves fans singing " Si Senor " about Raul. Claiming we copied them from their Roberto Firmino chant. Fair play to a Man Utd fan who said that as the Scousers nicked the song off River Plate ultras who sang it about one of their players, so they were in no position to make accusations !!!!

Scousers need to remember " When you point the finger at someone, three are pointing back at you !!! "

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They could get their MP, ( I think it is Dan Carden) to raise it in the House of Commons. It could even become law that no person apart from the Liverpool manager is allowed to do fist pumps to the fans! Capital punishment will be reintroduced for football managers breaking this law… :)

Back
Top Bottom