Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The latest Doyle story

C

cooper_J

I can't see us selling him so late in the day unless someone bids £15 million +.

Thankfully he's not the sort of player who would try and force a move

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rocky_Balllboa

Agree, Henderson 20m, Carrol 35m, 20m plus or jog on but seriously no sale

M

Mugwump

This late in the transfer window i would hope we would ask 20 million +. I think if we were going to sell him it would have been early on. We would struggle to replace him this close to the window closing.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily Star should stick to covering Big Brother.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool do try and sign a striker as after Carroll and Sanchez they are left with N'gog who they have been trying to unload.
Our good start means we may have to put up with quite a bit of this specualtion in the next 10 days.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol - as if.

There's no chance Mick would sell him for anything short of a ridiculous offer. Then again, this is Liverpool, so they'd probably offer double said ridiculous offer!

F

FLEET WOLF

Lol - as if.

There's no chance Mick would sell him for anything short of a ridiculous offer. Then again, this is Liverpool, so they'd probably offer double said ridiculous offer!

That is the danger-Daglish is daft enough to offer us 20 million, which might be hard to turn down!

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish he would come out and sign a contract extension as the longer he doesn`t sign the stronger chance he may go but can`t see us selling him this season.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
our front 5 look awesome at the moment, to break it up would be a crying shame. Even for £20m.

S

Showshine

Rubbish.

£20Mil or GTFO.

Henderson and Carroll for 55 million and they want Doyler for 10 mil LOL

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've had Liverpool 'friends' texting me already this morning. They would all be delighted if they got Doyle.

Not a chance in hell for £10M.

D

Dewsburywolf

Agree, Henderson 20m, Carroll 35m, 20m plus or jog on but seriously no sale

At more or less this stage of the transfer window in January. If they'd signed him earlier it would've been a damned sight lower. Factor in the fact that Carroll had played six months in the Premier League compared to Doyle's three or four years & Dalglish can go swivel for anything less than £20million

And yes I know they're different types of striker but the rationale's the same

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Aint read it! But i bet it says somet like"after doyles impressive performance on sunday, Arsenal (or some other club) are ready to make a offer for kevin doyle" ???

D

Dewsburywolf

Aint read it! But i bet it says somet like"after doyles impressive performance on sunday, Arsenal (or some other club) are ready to make a offer for kevin doyle" ???

Check out the Liverpool references :wavey:

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Check out the Liverpool references :wavey:

I read the comments after i posted, Is all the same anyway, He scored at the weekend so its predicable and boring that another rumor surfaces. Bore off newspapers!

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At more or less this stage of the transfer window in January. If they'd signed him earlier it would've been a damned sight lower. Factor in the fact that Carroll had played six months in the Premier League compared to Doyle's three or four years & Dalglish can go swivel for anything less than £20million

And yes I know they're different types of striker but the rationale's the same

It's bizarre that they signed Carroll at that time bearing in mind he was not fit and Liverpool were not really in the running to win anything. Should have been patient and got him in the summer for £15-20m.

D

Deleted member 3604

I hope they can get him to sign a new contract. If that team can stay together for the next three or more seasons with some quality additions it'll be fantastic. Have to say Doyle is proven, consistently has great games and would be very hard to replace even with £15/20M in the coffers.

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope they can get him to sign a new contract. If that team can stay together for the next three or more seasons with some quality additions it'll be fantastic. Have to say Doyle is proven, consistently has great games and would be very hard to replace even with £15/20M in the coffers.

but he dosent score many goals so he is crap....Sorry i had the thoughts of albion fans going through my head for a second there!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble is even if we got 20 million, other clubs would know it and with such a short time left in the window, our negotiating position would be poor.

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
lets say for arguments sake he goes. Who do we bring in?? I cant think of anyone to be honest.Robbie keane im sure would of been mentioned but hes gone to galaxy, long is another now at albion. Maynard no thanks!

W

Westport Wolf

He's going nowhere. He'll still be with us this time next year when we're playing Juventus in the Champions League. I'm more worried that the Steve Bull will be knocked down so the attendence will be poor. :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do they say £10 mil? Why not £8 mil or £15 mil? I don't think these reporters have a clue,they are under pressure to get some stories together to keep the Sports Editor happy, they then make up a decent story and then decide between them what a good price would be! $$$$$$s the lot of them.

J

johnybig32

I dont think Doyle is the type of player to go chasing money, like he chases long balls. He knows when to leave alone.

I think he is really happy here and realises how much he is idolised by us.

E

Edgmond Wolf

We need to hold onto everyone of our lads right now. I would like to see us add three whether signings or on loan in the following area:

Left Back - Ward has been magnicent but we need to cover this with a first team signing

Centre Back - I have been impressed with Johnston and Berra in the middle but we need another good signing here to cover for injuries.

Defensive Midfield - Again Karl Henry has impressed but we need some serious competition and cover for him

Just my opinion of course...

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About time the bloke had a decent chant, though!

Seeing as Kenny is trying to nick Doyler, we ought to nick the scousers song they used to sing about him.....

Oh Oh Oh Doyler, Doyler
I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals
Oh Doyler

D

Dorset DeWolf

Lol. Will we balls.

Next season yes, as - if he doesn't sign a contract extension - he'd have 12 months left, but not a chance this year.

Doyle owes us nothing, 10million would tempt the board, it would tempt doyle and i think that would be enough to see doyle leave

This is only my opinion of course.......................but i'm never wrong :D

B

bridgnorthwolf

£10 million is not even in the ballpark of the kind of offer that would be considered.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money in the bank would be no good either. The need to recruit a replacement before the deadline would be massive and probably result on paying well over the odds (always supposing we found anybody suitable).
If there had been a serious and enticing enough bid for Doyle earlier in the window, we might have been tempted to take it and splash out on someone like Long. Can't see it happening, but will still be relieved when 31st August has come and gone.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think £10 million would tempt Wolves at all unless Doyle put pressure on and he doesn't seem to be the sort.
Irreplaceable for us as well.

Back
Top Bottom