Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Italian Influence...

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Capello, Roberto Di Matteo and now GianFranco Zola. Good for the British game??

W

wolfie smith

we'll be able to throw scooters from the stands soon, carry knives and have flares, ive heard some of you lot still wear flares.:p

D

Dewsburywolf

Trappatoni (sp) at Eire also.

What about that guy who's Manager of the Molineux Mix All Stars, he's got a little Italian in him hasn't he?

S

SCB

we'll be able to throw scooters from the stands soon...

People in England can do better than that.
My guess is Reliant Robin's.

250px-Reliant_Robin_Saloon_England.jpg

:cool:

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have won the World Cup more than any other Nation, and their teams have won the European Cups as much as the English did, so that says something about their tactics for sure. They had very few foreign coaches both in the past and at present, so they should be the best in respect of planning on the field of play, even if their style is not that much to my liking.

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

It's not all Brazillians but a high percentage qualify due to italian heritage.

Weird that isn't it, what with the language spoken being Portuguese. I've also noticed that Argentinians often get Italian passports - a friend of mine who travelled South America told me that Argentinians speak Spanish with an Italian accent.

All a bit bizarre.

On a similar note - here's some trivia - the last fluent Welsh speaker to play in a world cup final was Argentianian forward Gabriel Batistuta. His grandmother was from Bala and, like most Patagonians, kept the welsh language going. There are still more welsh speakers in South America than in Wales. Madness.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its because many Italians emigrated to South America (especially Argentina) in the late 1800s/early part of the 20th Century (a few from my family amongst them) which is why people of Italian origin make up such a large part of the population there but the language, ie. Spanish/Portuguese is because settlers from those countries went to South America long before the Italians did.

So by the time the Italians arrived, they were already established Spanish/Portuguese speaking nations.

Back
Top Bottom