Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The International Break

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Portugal just naming their squad for the upcoming games, the call ups for us so far are :

Portugal National Team

Ruben Neves
Joao Moutinho
Pedro Neto

Portugal U21's

Vitinha

USA

Owen Otasowie

Morocco

Romain Saiss

England

Conor Coady

Ivory Coast

Willy Boly

Belgium

Leander Dendoncker

Traore has been left out of the Spain squad for these games and Semedo also left out for Portugal. Rui Patricio will remain in Wolverhampton to continue his recovery.

Last edited:

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Portugal just naming their squad for the upcoming games, the call ups for us so far are :

Portugal National Team

Rui Patricio
Ruben Neves
Joao Moutinho
Pedro Neto

Portugal U21's

Vitinha

Traore has been left out of the Spain squad for these games and Semedo also left out for Portugal.
3 weeks for Nuno to work on the relationship between Traore and Semedo

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought travel was only allowed for work?

Gutting for Semedo if true.

Interesting the Fabio Silva isn't getting in the U21s despite him having premierleague goals and minutes. Especially when you look at some of the other strikers.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
With Adama and Semedo not getting the call we'll have more bodies around than usual during an international break.

I'd imagine it'll be touch and go for Coady making the squad too once the England one is announced now some of the other CB's are back fit.

Good news for us when trying to work on stuff, hopefully they get quite a few days off too though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Portugal National Team

Rui Patricio
Ruben Neves
Joao Moutinho
Pedro Neto

Portugal U21's

Vitinha

Traore has been left out of the Spain squad for these games and Semedo also left out for Portugal.
They may have named Patricio in the squad but to after last night caution must be the key factor in how he is trated.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope we can get Raul, Podence and Marcal ready for the games after this break. We need more players available as quite a few games in a short space of time after the break.

Also more players to work with at Compton with Semedo, Adama, Jonny not on International duty. Also get Jose more used to surroundings and I'm not sure if Silva has been called up by the Portugal u20's or not.

By my reckoning with Raul spending a few days with the Mexico squad, he will be back here for a week before our next game, we will have Podence, Marcal, Ait Nouri, injured but hopefully back in training, Ruddy, Kilman, Jonny, Semedo, MGW, Otasowie, unless called up by USA, Jose, Hoever, Traore. At least a few players to work on things after they get a few days off.

Would be interested to know if Nuno will have the players in training this week as normal with no game this weekend. I would hope he does as there is a lot to work on.

Lycaon

Reaction score
They may have named Patricio in the squad but to after last night caution must be the key factor in how he is trated.
I’m sure caution is/was the top priority and hopefully being discharged from hospital points to a case of very mild concussion.
I’m sure he’ll be back for the Wolves & Portugal respectively very soon.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting the Fabio Silva isn't getting in the U21s despite him having premierleague goals and minutes. Especially when you look at some of the other strikers.

Not really. Fabio has looked pretty hopeless regardless of gaining some experience.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More like the relationship between Traore and the rest of the team!
The rest of them will likely be on international duty. Him Jose and Semedo doing some work could be useful though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. Fabio has looked pretty hopeless regardless of gaining some experience.

I would argue he is not looking hopeless at all after what I saw when he came on against Liverpool. A player that is hopeless would in no way have put that flick through for Gibbs White. A player that is hopeless would not get in the good positions he is now starting to get in frequently.

I would also say he was unlucky with his one header in which Donck got in the way.

To say he is hopeless is wrong and not fair in my opinion.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but doesnt Silva play in the u20 side for Portugal with Marques?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be interested to know if Nuno will have the players in training this week as normal with no game this weekend. I would hope he does as there is a lot to work on.
I agree we need to be working hard on improving in this break, but for me I hope they have this week off and can spend some down time with their families. Especially Nuno and the coaching staff.

Then bring the players who aren't on international duty back in next week and work with them.

They could do with the time on the training ground, but I feel like they would benefit even more from a break to be honest.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we need to be working hard on improving in this break, but for me I hope they have this week off and can spend some down time with their families. Especially Nuno and the coaching staff.

Then bring the players who aren't on international duty back in next week and work with them.

They could do with the time on the training ground, but I feel like they would benefit even more from a break to be honest.

Quite. A decent performance under our belt, and hopefully a morale lift plus some injury returns, might just brighten the end of the season.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have added Owen Otasowie to the OP who is joining the USA squad for their 2 games v Jamaica and Northern Ireland.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't particularly like international breaks in normal circumstances, but having one while in the grip of a pandemic is ridiculous.

The travelling involved is ridiculous as you say. Portugal will be playing in 3 different countries. Their games are in Turin, Belgrade and Luxembourg.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hardly surprising. U 19s perhaps. He has an awful lot to prove as yet.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly surprising. U 19s perhaps. He has an awful lot to prove as yet.

Neither has Vitinha and he's a star for the Portugal u21s. Think he's the only wolves portugese youngster who hasn't played for them although only 18. Just surprised he's behind players with barely a league appearance to their name, when he performed so well himself at youth level.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't particularly like international breaks in normal circumstances, but having one while in the grip of a pandemic is ridiculous.
So true. Just watched the News and Europe is presently in turmoil over the vaccines. Vaccines not getting rolled out across the continent, 7m vaccines sitting in fridges and can't be given because of fears over blood clots, Europeans seem more concerned about the drugs than us in uk, distribution problems both from factories in Europe and here. And most concerning is that because of the slow roll out over there they are now facing a 3rd wave esp in Italy, but likely in other countries as well. They will not be anywhere near where we are presently (50% of all adults had 1st vac) until well into the summer at best. Holding football matches on the continent in this situation is completely barmy. How many players will come back with Covid?

D

Deleted member 11332

So true. Just watched the News and Europe is presently in turmoil over the vaccines. Vaccines not getting rolled out across the continent, 7m vaccines sitting in fridges and can't be given because of fears over blood clots, Europeans seem more concerned about the drugs than us in uk, distribution problems both from factories in Europe and here. And most concerning is that because of the slow roll out over there they are now facing a 3rd wave esp in Italy, but likely in other countries as well. They will not be anywhere near where we are presently (50% of all adults had 1st vac) until well into the summer at best. Holding football matches on the continent in this situation is completely barmy. How many players will come back with Covid?

Probably very few. They are isolated from the common folk. They are tested daily, including before they join up.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised Traore didn't get called up, I know his form is up and down for Wolves but he was the star for Spain in their last games.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither has Vitinha and he's a star for the Portugal u21s. Think he's the only wolves portugese youngster who hasn't played for them although only 18. Just surprised he's behind players with barely a league appearance to their name, when he performed so well himself at youth level.

It could be that they stick to the older age ranges for the players that came through the same age levels together. Vitinha is a few years older. I imagine Fabio would have his chance in the u21s in the next few years.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor Coady included in the England squad and Saiss goes with Morocco.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Willy Boly will be joining the Ivory Coast squad.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lewis Richards has been included in the Ireland u21's squad for the first time for a friendly v Wales u21's.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks like they’re having time away.... at least one of the coaching staff seem to be back in Portugal so I assume everyone has some time off. Good for them

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like they’re having time away.... at least one of the coaching staff seem to be back in Portugal so I assume everyone has some time off. Good for them
Glad to hear it.

You can’t underestimate the effects mental fatigue can have on the players and the coaching staff too. Hopefully some R&R will have them all feeling fresher and more positive going in to the final stages of the season.

You never know, it may even make your ppg thread more positive too! ;)

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker has been named in the Belgium squad for their games.

Players away are Patricio, Neves, Moutinho, Neto, Vitinha, Boly, Saiss, Donk, Coady and Ottasowie.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All very good points mate.

Back
Top Bottom