Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Hunt for the new manager

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On WM now the guest (I think it`s Froggatt) said that the managers who were interested in the job were `toldthey had to take TC`.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bugger... no wonder we ended up with Solbakken and not Mourinho!

M

Monkey Man

On WM now the guest (I think it`s Froggatt) said that the managers who were interested in the job were `toldthey had to take TC`.

I think it was clear the interested parties ran a mile when they saw what the 2Ms offered up on the table.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt that any prospective manager would be dictated to regarding his coaching staff.

D

Dewsburywolf

I thought he'd been made player/manager of Bohemians or something

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps if what Froggatt said is true then it could have been used to put managers off and making them look like the bad guys.

The big question is he telling the truth and how does he know?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What, and then were allowed to sack him 4 games into the new season?

You could only really agree to it as a trial, which is the way it seems to have worked out.
I am glad that Staale has the strength of character to make the change reasonably early.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I believe he made this comment purely in relation to managers who were offered the job last season

R

RichDavi

The hunt for the new manager? New managers told to take TC?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we go straight for Solbakken after giving TC his token interview?

B

Bankswolf II

We offered it to one manager curbishley who turned it down because of terrible contract and having to take a failing back room team

Then we approached McDermott who was too busy enjoying winning to want to come then Clarke and then they turned to Bruce before someone shone a light of how much of a disaster is so Morgan wanting a holiday drew straws and gave it Connor

I imagine solbakken wanting to proove himself in England took the offer with Connor secretly planning to freeze him
Out in case it went bad which it did hats off because I imagine he had to push hard to get rid of him

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TC will be polishing MM's shoes before his appearances on MOTD when MM will send us all to sleep.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't we such a well run club. Just awful if true.

H

hindheadwolves

We talk about loyalty. For the club to be loyal despite what the fans would think does them credit. There are more important things than winning at all costs.

It also probably added to player loyalty to Wolves. If you were going to be disingenuous you could say that as soon as the transfer window closed..........

The_Ned

Reaction score
It's not an unusual thing to do actually. Albion offered their job to Hughton on the condition he kept their backroom staff. He refused so they gave it to Hodgson. I believe it's a bit of a power thing too, tells the manager he works underneath the board, not the other way round.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It's not an unusual thing to do actually. Albion offered their job to Hughton on the condition he kept their backroom staff. He refused so they gave it to Hodgson. I believe it's a bit of a power thing too, tells the manager he works underneath the board, not the other way round.

I would be very surprised if any of that were true.

So Hughton from the Chump refused the conditional PL job, but the great Hodgson took it happily?

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The big question is he telling the truth and how does he know?

Exactly. If he knows I've no doubt an awful lot of others would too, in which case I image we'd have read it somewhere else before now.

The_Ned

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if any of that were true.

So Hughton from the Chump refused the conditional PL job, but the great Hodgson took it happily?

Well Albion have a slightly different backroom setup than most clubs, i.e. with the DoF and all that. This means the backroom setup stays the same as the footballing philosophy doesn't change, it's just the man shouting at the players that changes. Hodgson knows the value of a DoF, Hughton possibly doesn't/didn't.

S

spud3948

Jez probably ended up in the spare room after giving TC the bullet!

D

Dewsburywolf

Well Albion have a slightly different backroom setup than most clubs, i.e. with the DoF and all that. This means the backroom setup stays the same as the footballing philosophy doesn't change, it's just the man shouting at the players that changes. Hodgson knows the value of a DoF, Hughton possibly doesn't/didn't.

Whereas we for the past decade (it seems) kept the same backroom set-up but chopped & changed managers/management styles

B

BritInBigD

IIRC WBA rejected Hughton because he wanted to bring in Colin Calderwood as his assistant. Calderwood was managing Hibs at the time and his departure would have triggered a compensation payment - which I imagine WBA didn't want to pay.

So the circumstances at the Molineux were different, with TC apparently being the immovable object in the deal.

P.S. Calderwood has since followed Hughton to Birmingham and Norwich.

D

dazmanwolf

I think Stale gave TC a chance. He has worked with him for a few months now. I am sure there was a clause in the contract about him assessing backroom staff and changing them as necessary. Nothing sinister in it IMO.

If anything, TC was kept on to ensure a smooth transition between players and the new manager. Plenty of clubs have done that. Now Stale has got used to the squad he has no need for TC and his ways.

I am sure TC got a nice pay-off and he will work again somewhere half decent. He may not have been management material, but he was in-part responsible for the fitness levels the squad had and also part of our promotion setup. Not all of his CV will be poor.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How on earth would Froggatt know ?? I very much doubt this had any bearing on any manager refusing / taking the job last season.

F

FLEET WOLF

I think Stale gave TC a chance. He has worked with him for a few months now. I am sure there was a clause in the contract about him assessing backroom staff and changing them as necessary. Nothing sinister in it IMO.

If anything, TC was kept on to ensure a smooth transition between players and the new manager. Plenty of clubs have done that. Now Stale has got used to the squad he has no need for TC and his ways.

I am sure TC got a nice pay-off and he will work again somewhere half decent. He may not have been management material, but he was in-part responsible for the fitness levels the squad had and also part of our promotion setup. Not all of his CV will be poor.

Spot on and in relation to another post, I agree, how the hell does Froggatt know anything anyway?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe froggy has some inside knowledge?
Isn't his son in the youth set up at Wolves?
Froggy always comes across very well on the radio. I would say he has some pretty good sources at Wolves.

F

FLEET WOLF

Froggy always comes across very well on the radio. I would say he has some pretty good sources at Wolves.

Probably his equally injury prone fellow winger, Daley!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't realise Nicky Summerbee ended Froggatt's career.

Vile little $$$$$$$ that Summerbee.

J

JR's Boots

I think you're right JOS. He's mentioned that he has a family member in the Wolves development scheme and he does appear very clued up about the coaching set up.

He's quite complementary about the club and the signings Staale has made but like all of us cannot understand why the defence has been left unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom