Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see both unless Raul is on his way. Both would also mean Silva's path is blocked which I don't think we will do.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can go get both and Raul departs for America/Mexico, then so be it.

We as fans need to accept that unfortunately he:

a) isn't the same player as he wazs pre head injury and
b) is in his early 30's.

We've had his best years and he'll forever be remembered - but it *might* be time to move along if younger options become available to us.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can go get both and Raul departs for America/Mexico, then so be it.

We as fans need to accept that unfortunately he:

a) isn't the same player as he wazs pre head injury and
b) is in his early 30's.

We've had his best years and he'll forever be remembered - but it *might* be time to move along if younger options become available to us.
Think we would keep Jimenez but cant see both coming anyway

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sasa, and ramos, would have to mean someone goes - ie MGW

4-3-3

raul, sasa, ramos, hwang, neto, podence, traore, guedes, chiquinho

to many players into the 3 to keep all happy (diferent if we had europe and long cup runs)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would people rather take:

(1) Evanilson; or
(2) Ramos and Sasa?
Evanilson, not convinced by Ramos, and Sasa's injuries are a cause for concern. I don't think we're realistically in for Evanilson though, he'd cost too much given the third party issues.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sasa, and ramos, would have to mean someone goes - ie MGW

4-3-3

raul, sasa, ramos, hwang, neto, podence, traore, guedes, chiquinho

to many players into the 3 to keep all happy (diferent if we had europe and long cup runs)
I'm convinced Traore will be gone by the end of the window. Teams know he is available and for how much. They're just waiting to see what else they can get. If nothing materialises then they'll go for AT.

Chiquinho is also out for the season so no point including him.

If you take both them out then we probably have the right numbers.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I still think we need 2 Strikers PLUS Raul for the season, given we can have options on the bench and 5 subs (plus there’s never been any sign of a striker stepping up from the U23s to take one of these spots). There’s going to be times when we need two strikers on the pitch.

I like the profile of Sasa a lot.

My second would be in the mould of Dean Sturridge. Older, experienced, finisher in the box. Goes under the radar but takes us all by surprise with his output.

Now if Ramos ticks some of these boxes but with age on his side then we really would be in transfer window dreamland! If not, maybe Batshuayi.

Last edited:

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could be in for a very interesting end to the window. If Traore, Boly and Neto all go then we will need three incomings as a minimum given we are crying out for a striker as things stand.

I wouldn't let Neto go for a penny under 60m myself.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
My second would be in the mound of Dean Sturridge. Older, experienced, finisher in the box. Goes under the radar but takes us all by surprise with his output.
Yeah, at 49 years old, I think "older" about sums it up.

Now if you mean his nephew, Daniel, he's currently tearing it up in Australia. 0 goals in 6 games.

BucksWolf8

Reaction score
I think we need 2 strikers plus Jimenez tbh.

The 5 subs rule is going to make a big difference this season and favours bigger squads massively. The more strikers we have with different profiles the better, some games we will need to change things up mid-game and for that we need options.

It's also much easier to keep a larger squad happier with 5 subs available. Allows you to make earlier changes without fear of being caught short later on in the event of an injury/sending off etc.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We saying that Raul is off then? Any rumours on that..
No nothing at all. Just because we are after a striker people think we must be selling him.

The modus operandi is no longer “sell to buy”. Guo wants Wolves to be successful.

Also don’t think we are selling Neto. The only truth in the story is that Arsenal want him.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We saying that Raul is off then? Any rumours on that..
No wouldn't have thought we still need a back up striker and even so with a genuine competition up top might just push Jimenez on to try and keep his place in the side plus with the 5 subs this season you will find the centre forward will change in most games....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the way silva plays if he keeps it up till november he might push out neto from the portugal world cup squad

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely an easier league than the EPL but also a lot of teams play more expansive football than in other leagues, which often translates into higher goal returns and ergo better stats for strikers.

There have already been multiple 4/5 goal games even discounting Bayern, whereas there tend to be less in England, although this season has had a few goalfests thus far (apart from us of course…!)

The exception being Hwang, who didn't score in 20 matches in the Bundesliga, yet scored 5 here. Of course, since that last goal several decades ago, he's reverted to his Bundesliga form.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Info just in from my mate on Neto:

Turned down and they are not interested in selling. Willy Boly on the other hand could be on his way to Forest, they've offered £1m and Wolves have said £6m
Nice one - thanks for the info.

1m - Cheeky ******s

MontyR

Reaction score
If Neto were to leave I'd prefer to see RAN moved further up the pitch. I reckon he'd make a solid winger - both left and right sides.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll stick my neck on the line and say I will be very, very surprised if any of the following happen:

(In order of surprise, low to high)

Ramos doesn't sign on L2B Wednesday-Friday this week
Neto leaves
Kalajdzic doesn't sign on a permanent

I mean its wonderful isnt it if we got ramos and kalajdzic dont know how we manage to fit everyone into the system without european football!

Back
Top Bottom