Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed.... Jonny appears to be this seasons scapegoat ( along with that perpetual favourite Adama) ...
I'd play him over Ait Nouri on the left now that Semedo is back.
I wouldn't change the back 4. Apart from the first game where RAN had a mare it has been absolutely fine. Semedo can play his way back into the team from injury.

Clipboard

Reaction score
I think MGW is better than Podence.

I made a point of watching how manny flicks he tried on Saturday and even prime Maradona, Messi, Zlatan or Totti are not trying as many backheels and blind flicks as he does.

There’s a fundamental pragmatism in football which he completely lacks. Drop a striker in with GG out wide and different story.
The amount of flicks Pod did on Saturday was ridiculous. I only remember 1 coming off!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have gone a little quiet on the striker rumours. Obviously the club keep things quiet, but I just wonder how far along they are in the hunt for reinforcements with a little over a week left of the window. Whatever incomings/outgoings are in the pipeline, it should be an interesting week before the toon match… hopefully!
I noticed that none of Ajorque, Silva or Moffi started for their teams this w/e.

ElRobbery

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be totally against seeing Neto go. As much as I love the guy, 50-60m is a lot should we get that much (highly doubt it).

We’ve proved this transfer window we can attract some big players so if we continue to get the recruitment right and spend the Neto money we could replace him well.

Makes me wonder, hearing Arsenal and Mendes have been in talks for a month over a deal, and the recent Evanilson links emerging could be something in it?

We’ve got plenty of cover for wide positions. Guedes could move to the left, Evanilson/ new ST through the middle. Bruno has spoken about Chem Campbells Development recently too.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The amount of flicks Pod did on Saturday was ridiculous. I only remember 1 coming off!
One which let guedes in which was fantastic otherwise he gave away the ball alot

Comparison between podence and guedes

Given that podence has played double the minutes
1661160496101.png

1661160473625.png

and v mgw

1661160546631.png

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd personally like to go for a striker who already has a record of scoring in the prem + an upcoming striker from another league.

The strikers we've been linked with may turn out to be great but will likely need time to adjust and there's a big risk they may not score like they have in their current league.

I'd be doing everything possible to sign Toney first.

Last edited:

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TWOLF

Reaction score
I'm against short-termism, but he's had no pre-season and has never played outside Italy. It could take weeks for him to get to full fitness, never mind up to speed with the Prem. Fine if we have other options, but we don't.

Add to that his low resale value, his lack of interest in coming, his tendency to blow hot and cold and our recent experience with Cutrone and I just can't see Fosun going for him.
Agreed it’s not ideal to have a player that hasn’t had a pre season, you’d hope he’d kept fit though in readiness to signing with somebody.

He’s a free agent so it wouldn’t really be a risk. If he doesn’t like the prem we could sell him in the next window and maybe even make a mil or two.

Looks like he’s rejected us anyway. Fair enough to the player he really wants to stay in Italy, got to respect that. Onto Andre Silva we go.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can honestly see this one happening.

I would expect Wolves will have an idea of a replacement lined up or maybe alternative targets in other positions.

I hope he doesn't go but if we get 50m with some add ons/a sell on fee it may be good business.
50m would be good business, where can we reinvest it. I dont think ramos can play as a winger nor really evanilson even as inside forwards.

Id be loathed to see hwang then take his starting berth even with guedes on the left.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see Neto being sold for 50m and us bringing in Evanilson and Ramos for ~100m. Just nothing surprises this window.
Not sure it would be a great move or not, would give Lage a front 3 which would be more narrow and maybe give us more goals?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see Neto being sold for 50m and us bringing in Evanilson and Ramos for ~100m. Just nothing surprises this window.
Not sure it would be a great move or not, would give Lage a front 3 which would be more narrow and maybe give us more goals?
Think thats to much of a reach, i can see one and maybe an FB.

I think we might actually be active on deadline day this year, (outgoings)

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
If we sell Neto after letting Gibbs White go it'll be a disaster for me.

I think Neto and Gibbs White will do good things this season, but Hwang, Podence or Traore? Not so much and we'd be stuck with playing at least one of them.

From a business lens, Neto has more to come and his value is going to increase so why take £50m now when we could get £70m in a year.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Neto after letting Gibbs White go it'll be a disaster for me.

I think Neto and Gibbs White will do good things this season, but Hwang, Podence or Traore? Not so much and we'd be stuck with playing at least one of them.

From a business lens, Neto has more to come and his value is going to increase so why take £50m now when we could get £70m in a year.
Traore can do it he just needs men in the box, he needs to be an assist machine not a scorer

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Have we had anymore snippet's on incomings?

I would imagine, if there's anything in the Ramos rumours, we will see things breaking Wednesday morning about him.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I could see us going for Evanilson and Pepe the guy we were heavily linked with last summer for that price

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
really dont like the noise about this

Really does seem we bought guedes and nunes, neto is worried about his playing time (used at RWB)

Mendes starting to drum up business in united and arsenal. Arsenal who are long term admirers, again though we must have someone to replace him. In the ilk of nunes and guedes signed, mgw went.

Neto goes, striker and another sign

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we let Neto go and bring in 2-3 more (strikers / attackers plus a FB) then this COULD be OK.

It's tight though and will take a lot of frenzied deals over the next few days.

If we don't sign a striker by the end of the window, this will be criminal though and can only assume that we have deals lined up for this to happen (said the same when Silva left and we've STILL not signed one!)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we let Neto go and bring in 2-3 more (strikers / attackers plus a FB) then this COULD be OK.

It's tight though and will take a lot of frenzied deals over the next few days.

If we don't sign a striker by the end of the window, this will be criminal though and can only assume that we have deals lined up for this to happen (said the same when Silva left and we've STILL not signed one!)
Striker has to be here before Thursday IMO

Cant be without them before sunday and Newcastle

We have bournemouth on the wedensday, gap so short no way player would be up to speed, then the window closes

David Hill

Reaction score
Neto before his injury then £50m looks way too low but on form since his return would represent good value. Therefore selling now is a bit of a gamble although realistically we may not have much choice. I can’t help but feel there is a great player still within him, he almost seems to be trying too hard since his injury.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Risk we’ll have to change the title of this thread if Neto is sold….

….seriously everyone has price and place. We need to see the squad post the merry-go-round.

I’d echo others that Hwang and Traore would be better to go (and Podence) than Neto so will need a big replacement in my mind.

Never dull is it….

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto is sold for 60 then great as long as another wide forward and a cf is bought

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pedro goes, Jeff and Scott best get their resignation letters ready!

We should put out a public statement that Pedro is not for sale at any price and which reiterates that we are in the market for a Forward.

For him to go, would be 1 step forward and then 2 steps back and that is not what is deserved, knowing of his excellent ability.

Back
Top Bottom