Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing to do with MGW, we're selling Neto

Never said one good word. Immediately believe every negative and "joke" about it every single time, but suspiciously quiet every time any good news comes out.

WUM no.1 on here... any animosity towards Jos or Rosehill... should be directly squarely at you. Amazed your constant trolling is allowed.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Never said one good word. Immediately believe every negative and "joke" about it every single time, but suspiciously quiet every time any good news comes out.

WUM no.1 on here... any animosity towards Jos or Rosehill... should be directly squarely at you. Amazed your constant trolling is allowed.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry - what’s a WUM?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With him and Arnautovic they're clearly going for the right kind of characters to get them out of the mess they're in...
It's funny, their recent legacy was built on the 92 youth team, but all they seem to do now is buy short term "fixes"! If Ten Hag doesn't get them in to Europe at least this season will he even be there the following year?!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement for Gibbs white ???? Wonder if Rafa Silva might be a option.... with benfica signing Horta/neres .... different type of player to Gibbs obviously but they are essential in the same position......

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have loads of players tbe6 can’t register or need to move on quickly, Braithwaite and Kessie anyone?
Kessie is one of the players they are trying to register. Braithwaite no thanks!!! Although i do applaud him for standing up to the Barcelona scum bag directors.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly (and completely without evidence), I suspect our apparent resumption of business as usual with Mr Mendes could spell bad news for our de facto Director of Football.

As far as I can glean, we've very consciously been shopping elsewhere since the Silva and Semedo deals. We've been trying to establish a scouting foothold in South America (or give Matt Hobbs a lovely jolly in Argentina), pick up youth players from Man City and pick up young lads from Estoril. No one from the Mendes A-list.

Now, all of a sudden, we are about to sign Guedes and possibly Nico Fernandez - players who would have been available for Wolves to sign if I held the position of Director of Football. Presumably (and this is a big presumption) because we failed to get deals over the line for non Mendes players this summer. (It's less of a presumption for last summer. We clearly failed there).

I don't think this will have gone unnoticed by our Fosun overlords. Why pay a director of football big money and then go over his head to get transfers done?

Food for thought/conspiracy
I think your reading too much into that.
My impression is they operate in different spheres of the market.
Mendes only really comes into play when we have money to spend.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true then fine. Great player if motivated to come here but a risk of repeating the error of Cutrone if he’s not keen.
Few times I've seen him, was he was good against us, poor as a sub for Italy. Only played for the 1 club, albeit a league where players rarely get over 20 goals. Don't think he's as good as people are saying IMO.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't want belotti anyway....after the last homesick Italian.... probably not even fit as well, as won't have been doing any pre season.....rather chuck the money at Ramos or Andre Silva.....
I like Belotti, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have a few doubts about him doing well here. I'd love to see Ajorque come in. Been impressed when I've seen him

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't want belotti anyway....after the last homesick Italian.... probably not even fit as well, as won't have been doing any pre season.....rather chuck the money at Ramos or Andre Silva.....
I’d be quite happy with the Chelsea lad , the most likely to be able to settle quickly and have a point to prove. (And I want Ramos too..)

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we brought in Andre Silva he would immediately feel at ease with all the other portugese players we have. The Leipzig fans say he is a heading machine. They like him and don't want to see him leave.
I’m excited about Andre Silva - he was transformative for Frankfurt before joining Leipzig. I do think he has a tendency to get lost in games though. A good finisher and makes runs but i just watched Leipzig yesterday and he certainly went missing for a decent portion of the game.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly (and completely without evidence), I suspect our apparent resumption of business as usual with Mr Mendes could spell bad news for our de facto Director of Football.

As far as I can glean, we've very consciously been shopping elsewhere since the Silva and Semedo deals. We've been trying to establish a scouting foothold in South America (or give Matt Hobbs a lovely jolly in Argentina), pick up youth players from Man City and pick up young lads from Estoril. No one from the Mendes A-list.

Now, all of a sudden, we are about to sign Guedes and possibly Nico Fernandez - players who would have been available for Wolves to sign if I held the position of Director of Football. Presumably (and this is a big presumption) because we failed to get deals over the line for non Mendes players this summer. (It's less of a presumption for last summer. We clearly failed there).

I don't think this will have gone unnoticed by our Fosun overlords. Why pay a director of football big money and then go over his head to get transfers done?

Food for thought/conspiracy
Maybe, although Mendes has a very strong influence in South America too as he does with those lower down the league in Portugal.

I think there's something in that they've tried to move away from Mendes really being the sole influence since Nuno left although that may be down to Nuno having more power to veto other suggestions than Lage tbh.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa will loan out Morgan Sanson. Should we get him on loan as a cheap fix. A sticking plaster signing if I may say.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we brought in Andre Silva he would immediately feel at ease with all the other portugese players we have. The Leipzig fans say he is a heading machine. They like him and don't want to see him leave.
Would be happy with silva but hoping we go all out on ramos, starting to score for fun for benfica

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Belotti, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have a few doubts about him doing well here. I'd love to see Ajorque come in. Been impressed when I've seen him
Yes wouldn't be against him as he would give us the height n physicality option ......but I see goals with Ramos n Andre Silva....

Back
Top Bottom