Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Kennedy

Reaction score
I appreciate he wasnt great at Norwich but I would be tempted to try and get Gilmour on a permanent deal from Chelsea. The talent is there with him and a permanent move away could be the making of him. Get him and Batshuayi from Chelsea.
Good shout.

Gallagher did not do much in his year at West Brom but then the following season at Palace he showed his true ability...

Maybe L2B?

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why do you think its been delayed? Waiting for other clubs to do business?

I'd be guessing... but would say partly yes. And partly some kind of "we'll wait until later in the window and if no other club has shown interest in you, you can take our offer more seriously" kind of arrangement.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don't think £12m and add-ons is too bad a fee.

Let's face it, you are only playing one system if you sign Coady (a back three) and even then you have to play it a certain way. For example, Coady wouldn't play for Atalanta the way they've played over the years!

He's excellent at what he does but he has so many limitations, both in terms of the above and what he can offer individually.

His lack of athleticism is a real worry and it means he will have to be covered all the time.

For the record, I think he's exactly what Everton need, for the next year or two at least. It's clear they are going to be in a battle but they've got a real solid defensive unit now. Having Tarkowski and Coady as part of a back three makes you tough, then Idrissa Gueye and Onana in midfield give you power and ball-winning ability.

They will be very difficult to play against, so fair play to them, good signing even if they won't be the best to watch.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I think it’s a monumental **** up selling Coady and I think he’s sorely underestimated in so many ways mate.
The disrespect he gets on here is unreal
To be fair I haven't read any real disrespect, some are gutted he could leave others can see the merit of it I wouldn't call it disrespect. In fact I would call it one of the most sensible discussions for a long time.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let's face it, you are only playing one system if you sign Coady (a back three) and even then you have to play it a certain way. For example, Coady wouldn't play for Atalanta the way they've played over the years!

He's excellent at what he does but he has so many limitations, both in terms of the above and what he can offer individually.

His lack of athleticism is a real worry and it means he will have to be covered all the time.

For the record, I think he's exactly what Everton need, for the next year or two at least. It's clear they are going to be in a battle but they've got a real solid defensive unit now. Having Tarkowski and Coady as part of a back three makes you tough, then Idrissa Gueye and Onana in midfield give you power and ball-winning ability.

They will be very difficult to play against, so fair play to them, good signing even if they won't be the best to watch.
I think with Godfrey's injury yesterday, Mina clutching at his leg late into the game, and West Ham's apparent interest, we do have some bargaining power with Everton. They obviously desperately need Coady to marshall their back five, and we all know how much Thelwell (their DoF) loves that system given he's written a book about it and clearly gotten into the ear of Lampard.

On the other hand, they also know we're moving to a new system that doesn't suit Coady at all, and how badly Coady wants to be playing right now ahead of the winter World Cup.

I would hope we could push that fee closer to £20m, if that means £15m and £5m in very realistic add-ons, then I think that's a very fair deal for both clubs given the circumstances.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I haven't read any real disrespect, some are gutted he could leave others can see the merit of it I wouldn't call it disrespect. In fact I would call it one of the most sensible discussions for a long time.
I think there’s been some snide remarks to be honest. Whether or not Coady is approaching his end at Wolves he has been a massive part of getting us to where we are now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And that’s got to be attractive to Coady. He would be playing where he makes a visible difference and shows his strengths. Exactly what he needs to keep his England place and book a ticket to the WC. Also helps that Frankie boy is in charge as I’m sure he will put a good word in with Southgate if needed.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am absolutely fuming and upset by this.

This feels like the heart is being ripped from us.
If our heart is a one paced, one trick pony who has benefited hugely from a shape being developed purely to accentuate his qualities and obviate his clear weaknesses, it's little wonder we've looked like we're playing with angina

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our heart is a one paced, one trick pony who has benefited hugely from a shape being developed purely to accentuate his qualities and obviate his clear weaknesses, it's little wonder we've looked like we're playing with angina
Very poor form.

He also didn’t play yesterday. Was that his fault too?

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll do well at Everton and will go to the world Cup. As things stand I can see him in a side that finishes above us.
Great servant to our club with much of his success due to Nuno recognising his qualities and building a successful team around him.
All those with curt comments towards the guy have extremely short memories.
Wish him well and will follow his career wherever he goes.
He'll always get a top class reception from proper fans at Wolves.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor form.

He also didn’t play yesterday. Was that his fault too?
Obviously it wasn't, but as someone else said here, he's a championship midfielder who has benefited hugely from having a (pre-covid) Boly covering him so he can take his time and use his quality passing range. His anticipation and ability in one v one situations are limited, and his organisational abilities also degrade hugely when he has to think about his own game, which has been an awful lot over the last 12 months.

Sorry if my opinion rubs salt in the wound, but I'm with Bruno - I can understand why he's nonplussed about whether Coady stays or not because it's £10m profit on a player who, for a lot of his Wolves career, has been utterly average. Good servant and Captain - yes, great footballer? Not a chance

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulation to the winner of the most moronic post this week.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German club now have their new striker so will be willing to let our L2B target striker leave. We have not been linked with him in the media yet as expected. Im hearing negotiations with the German club have begun. 4 new players in and 2 out before the end of the season.

Told you not to worry. These things are more complicated than you all think
Before the end of the season? I hope well before that!

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll do well at Everton and will go to the world Cup. As things stand I can see him in a side that finishes above us.
Great servant to our club with much of his success due to Nuno recognising his qualities and building a successful team around him.
All those with curt comments towards the guy have extremely short memories.
Wish him well and will follow his career wherever he goes.
He'll always get a top class reception from proper fans at Wolves.
You really think Everton will finish above us? They have one of the weakest all around teams and a coach who has no idea what he’s doing. I can see him being sacked first.

Our starting 11 can compete with the best, it’s our bench that’s embarrassing. We can solve that relatively easily and cheaply.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German club now have their new striker so will be willing to let our L2B target striker leave. We have not been linked with him in the media yet as expected. Im hearing negotiations with the German club have begun. 4 new players in and 2 out before the end of the season.

Please go back to the Wolves rumours site.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So where are we at today?

Any solid rumours? Interesting rumours?

Eight hours behind you guys so just got up.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really think Everton will finish above us? They have one of the weakest all around teams and a coach who has no idea what he’s doing. I can see him being sacked first.

Our starting 11 can compete with the best, it’s our bench that’s embarrassing. We can solve that relatively easily and cheaply.
As it stands we will struggle, so will they. I guess it's about who addresses the need for new quality playing staff between now and the closing of the window. Right now I dont have faith in our lot sorting it out better than Everton but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So where are we at today?

Any solid rumours? Interesting rumours?

Eight hours behind you guys so just got up.
Guedes signing for us, Coady being sold to Everton. Rumours Ramos is going and we’re known to have tried to sign him earlier.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s obviously talking waffle. Writes like you do to be honest.
If you knew anything about me and my posts here and on twitter, I go out of my way to point out when posters are full of ****e.

All I’m saying is that MolMix always wants rumors but pushes people who may have information off the site if their rumors don’t pan out.

You can feel free to disregard Insider, but we shouldn’t banish them to the netherworld without actual proof that they are full of BS.

They said 4 incomings and 2 outgoings. 2 outs are probably Coady and MGW. Incomings are probably Bats, Guedes, Nico and maybe Andre Silva (I’ve heard his name from others on this site as well). This checks out to me.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
29 isnt old really in modern football. Most players who look after themselves hit their peak years at around that 28-32 year age range.

Was just thinking this. Seeing a number of 30-somethings doing fine for other clubs this weekend. Including several on the benches around the leagues.

Think some of our supporters have totally absorbed the "buy youth" message of our owners, as whenever a player over 28 or 29 gets mentioned as a possibility, tends to get instantly dismissed as "too old". "Not our policy". Maybe we need to rethink our policy, in that case?

Used to be players were winding down from playing at top level by the time they were 30. Even sooner if they'd had major injuries. Not any more, though. Physiological understanding is so much better and players look after themselves better, you can add 3 or 4 years on to that.

We shouldn't dismiss a player who would improve us, believing that 29 or 30 is too old.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love this! If we get Ramos and Guedes, that would be brilliant!

Though being Eeyore for the day, we're more likely to end up with nothing. The meltdown will be even worse after all these teasers!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't hear more on Bats I'm imagining we could be after Andre Silva

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we will be bk in for posch cb from hoffenheim

The one who got sent off yesterday ? Reports say he was awful. His record looks mediocre in the Bundesliga. Why would he stand out when there must be dozens of more promising talent around the leagues?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you knew anything about me and my posts here and on twitter, I go out of my way to point out when posters are full of ****e.

All I’m saying is that MolMix always wants rumors but pushes people who may have information off the site if their rumors don’t pan out.

You can feel free to disregard Insider, but we shouldn’t banish them to the netherworld without actual proof that they are full of BS.

They said 4 incomings and 2 outgoings. 2 outs are probably Coady and MGW. Incomings are probably Bats, Guedes, Nico and maybe Andre Silva (I’ve heard his name from others on this site as well). This checks out to me.
I’ll be the first to apologise to you and ‘Insider’ if it actually happens, but it takes away from the credibility of those who do report what they’ve been told on here out of good faith if others are making up rumours.

Why are they being cryptic about it despite it being extremely obvious who the player is, and why are they leaking that on here? Makes zero sense, the club are very discrete on transfers, as they should be, and they don’t care to appease disgruntled fans on Molineux Mix.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

End of the season?!

Back
Top Bottom