Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been away for awhile.

Is Raul injured? How bad / how long?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don’t think Neves wanted to be here sadly.

Wish I could find that Athletic article on Palhinha , was quite good.

AnywY it’s irrelevant now.
This one?

Anyway he was only coming as a replacement, seems a bit Dendockerish to me, big and reads the game, but not actually all that good in the air or the tackle.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that imaginary problems are usually worse than the real thing.
Best to just take the situation one step at a time, starting with our Leeds game.

Being a football fan is supposed to be, for the most part, fun and enjoyable.
You go fishing…..some days it’ll rain, others it’s too hot but you enjoy it even if you come home empty handed.

Not having a striker or the ability to make any meaningful substitution on Saturday is a very real problem.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People saying they ain’t bothered if we lose on Saturday have no idea how the cumulative effect of that sickening defeatist attitude affects the crowd.
If we lose at Leeds. Then go 1 down to Fulham it’s going to get very nasty when people start to realise the depth of **** we are in

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People saying they ain’t bothered if we lose on Saturday have no idea how the cumulative effect of that sickening defeatist attitude affects the crowd.
If we lose at Leeds. Then go 1 down to Fulham it’s going to get very nasty when people start to realise the depth of **** we are in
Yep.

It's no exaggeration to say, as you point out, that we could have a real negativity around the club by the second game!! How bad is that!? And it would be entirely down to the club.

Also, we can't afford a slow start.

If we don't pick up points early on then this season becomes very tough very quickly as we have a favourable start with the fixtures and we're nowhere near prepared.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main problem we have is having zero impact from the bench if we need to change things up. With Raul being out and the hapless Hwang up top just exactly what do we do if he has his usual useless game ??

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is what it is. I won’t be surprised if we win and equally I will not be overly concerned if we lose.
We can very well win on Saturday despite the problems, especially if we don't need to make substitutions.
I'm not concerned about losing. In fact I spend precious little time being seriously worried about anything football related, despite the often critical voice I've here and despite my passion for Wolves.
But that critical voice and the concerns expressed has to be seen in the (in the bigger picture) quite unimportant context of football.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can very well win on Saturday despite the problems, especially if we don't need to make substitutions.
I'm not concerned about losing. In fact I spend precious little time being seriously worried about anything football related, despite the often critical voice I've here and despite my passion for Wolves.
But that critical voice and the concerns expressed has to be seen in the (in the bigger picture) quite unimportant context of football.
Not concerned about losing ? It absolutely, totally , 100 % ****s up my mood for the week !!

Madmalc

Reaction score
Very good post I do hope you are correct, we looked so good with Raul in the team, even Neto Podence and MGW as the front 3 will be a handful. But even as a glass half full man the 2nd string yesterday was alarming.
Don't worry they will nearly all be loaned out by the 1st of September, so their quality isn't an issue to worry about.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For us non Danes, we enjoy life to the full when we win and suffer badly when we lose, no half measures mate.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thing is with Brereton Diaz, he's 23 more chance of resale. already settled in the uk , will need adjustment to prem but just think would fit the mould
Thanks Jeff (resale)….my concern is whether he is a half-season wonder…20 of his 22 goals came before the New Year….now when did Wolves last have a striker who scored loads in the Championship before Christmas.

Whoever we get I won’t know much about beyond You Tube and Wikipedia. Still after weeks of famine great to have a harvest of different strikers to discuss.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not concerned about losing ? It absolutely, totally , 100 % ****s up my mood for the week !!
Don't get me wrong. A Wolves loss or win always influences my mood and come Saturday I'll be as passionate as ever.
But I do feel that 2 years of dullness, and very little ambition as well as some bizarre football related decisions from the club has left me with a feeling of apathy towards the opening of the season.
I don't think we'll get relegated. But I doubt we'll challenge for anything meaningful.

That knowledge makes it less important to win games. We just need to get enough points to stay safely around midtable. Safe to say that sort of expectation aren't going to set the pulses racing..

But as I wrote in the beginning, once the game starts on Saturday I'll probably care as much always..

Madmalc

Reaction score
I've given up waiting for the next incoming signing.
A more interesting question has crossed my mind.
Ryan Giles got the Man Of The Match award on his Championship debut for Middlesborough.
How many of the Wolves favoured few first team squad would achieve, Man Of The Match awards on a debut in the Championship?
And why do you think that?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Take out the “often critical” and I think what you have written here sums me and my attitude to wolves/football up.

That’s a very well made point. I think on the other hand someone like myself considers the whole picture in the wider context and realises it’s just a game. Thus it appears I am blasé... That does not mean I love the club any less, my wife will attest to that.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. A Wolves loss or win always influences my mood and come Saturday I'll be as passionate as ever.
But I do feel that 2 years of dullness, and very little ambition as well as some bizarre football related decisions from the club has left me with a feeling of apathy towards the opening of the season.
I don't think we'll get relegated. But I doubt we'll challenge for anything meaningful.

That knowledge makes it less important to win games. We just need to get enough points to stay safely around midtable. Safe to say that sort of expectation aren't going to set the pulses racing..

But as I wrote in the beginning, once the game starts on Saturday I'll probably care as much always..
Well done Danish Wolf. You post a lot on here, so I know you must care.
I am much worse nowadays, than when growing up in the more carefree 60s and 70s following Wolves.
The FA Cup use to be the holy grail, now it is the Premier League.. we desperately can't afford to be out of it.
So the pressure is cranked up, and when I see the squad not strengthened properly as the season approaches, it does affect me.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've given up waiting for the next incoming signing.
A more interesting question has crossed my mind.
Ryan Giles got the Man Of The Match award on his Championship debut for Middlesborough.
How many of the Wolves favoured few first team squad would achieve, Man Of The Match awards on a debut in the Championship?
And why do you think that?
An easier question is, who do you think wouldn't?

Madmalc

Reaction score
An easier question is, who do you think wouldn't?
Yes, but that would be negative, stay positive. How many of the, favoured few, first team squad would win Man Of The Match awards on a debut in the Championship, and why?

Last edited:

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd actually argue with a relatively kind start the lack of signings could work in our favour. By all accounts we've had a good pre-season, we've tweaked our system slightly but all of the players have had a full pre-season to adapt and already all knew each others game inside out. Bar the Jimenez injury given we are playing sides who have like Leeds for example had some turmoil and a larger turnover of players and the likelihood some of these will take a while to bed in, we 'should' be in a good position to start the season well.

That by no means excuses Fosun for another poor and quite bizarre summer to date with the lack of incomings and the volume of outgoings on what was already a wafer thin squad. Even by Fosuns recent standards I can't believe we won't at least have another striker and midfielder before the window closes, if we don't I fear they will get the locking they deserve (and overall I've been one of their biggest defenders on here against some of the ridiculous criticisms of them and their tenure).

Madmalc

Reaction score
If he's anywhere near as good as some seem to think, then he's somehow managed to have gone under the radar of clubs all across Europes tops league. Having to play in the Belgian League instead. I think you're right in it being "the missing player will save us" syndrome.

Watched his second half for Anderlecht the other day, against a club around mid-Championship level, probably comparable to Farense. He wasn't bad, but not good either. Esposito is the other Anderlecht striker, also 20, and it's stretching it to say Fabio looks any better than him. Valued at around 5 - 10M. If you don't look a league ahead of the rest when playing in the Belgian league, you aren't ready for the Premier League.

Thing is, for some reason, he doesn't get that much grief. When he misses, he gets people posting videos of Lewandoski missing open goals, to try and garner sympathy. And comments like "at least he was in the right place". No other player seems to get such leeway. It's even more odd when the fees of other players (who cost far less) get repeated time and time again as evidence they are a waste of money and the worst signings ever. Yet for Fabio, "the fee means nothing". It's not even a youth thing, because MGW was pilloried at the same age, despite never putting in a string of performances as out of his depth as Fabio has looked for 90% of the time here.
Emperor's new clothes..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but that would be negative, stay positive. How many of the, favoured few, first team squad would win Man Of The Match awards on a debut in the Championship, and why?
You’ve lost me… do you think there is a player in our starting eleven against Sporting that wouldn’t win a MOTM in the league below? Maybe Dendoncker would be unlikely as a lot of his work is unheralded, but the rest definitely would stand out on any given day.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd actually argue with a relatively kind start the lack of signings could work in our favour. By all accounts we've had a good pre-season, we've tweaked our system slightly but all of the players have had a full pre-season to adapt and already all knew each others game inside out. Bar the Jimenez injury given we are playing sides who have like Leeds for example had some turmoil and a larger turnover of players and the likelihood some of these will take a while to bed in, we 'should' be in a good position to start the season well.

That by no means excuses Fosun for another poor and quite bizarre summer to date with the lack of incomings and the volume of outgoings on what was already a wafer thin squad. Even by Fosuns recent standards I can't believe we won't at least have another striker and midfielder before the window closes, if we don't I fear they will get the locking they deserve (and overall I've been one of their biggest defenders on here against some of the ridiculous criticisms of them and their tenure).
All depends on how many injuries/suspensions we get imo.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only the week! I'm basically inconsolable until the next game.

The sad thing is that I rarely get the same joy when we win. It's more a sense of relief.

As for Leeds, we should be very worried if we don't win. I fully expect them to be 20th

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only the week! I'm basically inconsolable until the next game.

The sad thing is that I rarely get the same joy when we win. It's more a sense of relief.

As for Leeds, we should be very worried if we don't win. I fully expect them to be 20th
Im still not over 2-3 last season. Winning at elland road wont be easy

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
I actually cannot believe we're about to start the season in this shape. As in, I CANNOT believe we'd be so complacent and unprofessional. Ergo, there HAS to be a signing or two this week.

Maybe.
That reminds me of an excert from a book I read about two sons (twins) one was the ultimate optimist and the other the ultimate pessimist. On their birthday their Father gave them presents. Their went to visit them. Whenhe came to the optimist, to whom he had given a huge pile of horse manure in a stable; the boy was estatic. The Father asked him why he was so happy? The boy replied: "Well Dad, with all this horse ****, there must be a horse around here somewhere" .....

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I actually cannot believe we're about to start the season in this shape. As in, I CANNOT believe we'd be so complacent and unprofessional. Ergo, there HAS to be a signing or two this week.

Maybe.
You would think there HAS to be. Otherwise, Jeff and Scott could be in for a rude awakening.
A poor start owing to under-strengthening of the squad hasn't happened yet but lets be under no illusion, we're in the Premier League!
I sincerely hope MGW, Podence, Neto and Hwang can muster enough goals between them to keep our head above water.
At least until Raul returns, or we sign another striker, or assistant striker as back up for Raul, we have to score more goals, obviously, lol.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That reminds me of an excert from a book I read about two sons (twins) one was the ultimate optimist and the other the ultimate pessimist. On their birthday their Father gave them presents. Their went to visit them. Whenhe came to the optimist, to whom he had given a huge pile of horse manure in a stable; the boy was estatic. The Father asked him why he was so happy? The boy replied: "Well Dad, with all this horse ****, there must be a horse around here somewhere" .....
And to the pessimist son he gave an old gold football shirt, black shorts, a season ticket to the Mol and an introduction to MolMix.:cool::D

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
People like you you mean. Most of us will be there to support the team and get behind the players.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe.
Knowing Jeff turned down £100m from Guo, I'm pretty certain now that he's playing a game of RuZZian roulette to see how little he can spend and still avoid relegation. I don't believe a management committee could be this incompetent otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom