Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Liam pearce

Groupie
Reaction score
Who’s everyone getable 3??

My perfect window from this point and who I do think are getable are

Guedes/Horta
Nunes/Nico
Max Aaron/Malang Sarr (keeping Jonny at RB with Semedo

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Why? Who should he earn more than in his position?
Neves, Moutinho and Dendonker all have more reason to get paid more, based on their experience and international pedigree, regardless of peoples agendas or opinions.
Tripling his wage, giving him a chance to play at a much higher level to move on to these £80k plus deals you refer to.

You’re on about simply giving him £2m extra a year, so £10m over the course of his contract!
Neither Neves nor Dendonker have dominated champions league games. If you sign a player for £40M, he isn't moving for £40K a week. That is obvious, also not sure how it is an agenda.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
What l noticed in that is that Donk's brother, who picked Brighton over us, was released.....
I had the “pleasure” of seeing all of his games last season…… it wasn’t good viewing, and he was rightly punted back to Brighton as soon as the January transfer window opened!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I find the continued silence from Bruno odd. Seems every other head coach has spoken to the media and their club channels but nothing from Bruno. Too much silence in general from the club for my liking.

Maybe he just wants to concentrate on training and getting the team ready for the season.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s everyone getable 3??

My perfect window from this point and who I do think are getable are

Guedes/Horta
Nunes/Nico
Max Aaron/Malang Sarr (keeping Jonny at RB with Semedo

Benteke
Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson

Wouldn't even bother with a right back

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So according to that article Bueno isnt seen as first team ready. I would bet the same can be said for quite a few of the young lads that went to Spain. This just shows how weak our first team group is. Noticeable that Bruno has hardly used any of the younger lads in the main friendly games with only mainly fleeting sub appearances and herein lies our issue. With the 9 sub rule and the fact you can now use 5 of them we are clearly too weak to utilise this new rule as I doubt Bruno will use many of the young lads off the bench even if he has to put them on there due to the squad being too small.

Also baffles me we are still searching for a midfielder and a striker. How long does it take? They have known for months these areas needed reinforcements but if there is any truth to that article we are still searching. Why on earth let Fabio go then? Totally baffles me some of the decisions that are going on at the club at present. I cant believe we could potentially go into the Leeds game with virtually the same team and potentially no out and out striker. This is not going to reflect well on the recruitment team at all if this does happen in my opinion.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he just wants to concentrate on training and getting the team ready for the season.

Surely he can do a 10-20 min interview? I find it very hard to believe he cant spare the time to do that as other Head Coaches are doing. I find his continued silence a bit odd.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel it was more a Wolves philosophy rather than Nuno's tbf been times when he asked for signings and they didn't come same with Lage...
I think you're right in a sense, but according to Spiers etc (so take with a pinch of salt) Nuno insisted on a small group of players so that squad harmony stayed positive. I can see the logic behind it, but the downside is what happens when injuries hit.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think nuno said what he was told to say re small squad to be honest. Its the same soundbites that come out of sellars and jeff. We always seem to be just one or two players short of giving it a good go.

This was the summer to get rid of those that will never play for us and get some decent fees rather than loaning them out again like giles and sanderson, reduce the wage bill and get those couple of extra quality players that can go into the first team and make an immediate impact.

Instead we are stuck with cutrone and bonnatini on 80k a week between them and offering us absolutely zilch with those wages being able to go on a centre forward or midfielder who could actually make a difference.
A lot of this is because we've made some awful signings over the last few years and won't see any returns from them e.g. Cutrone

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So according to that article Bueno isnt seen as first team ready. I would bet the same can be said for quite a few of the young lads that went to Spain. This just shows how weak our first team group is. Noticeable that Bruno has hardly used any of the younger lads in the main friendly games with only mainly fleeting sub appearances and herein lies our issue. With the 9 sub rule and the fact you can now use 5 of them we are clearly too weak to utilise this new rule as I doubt Bruno will use many of the young lads off the bench even if he has to put them on there due to the squad being too small.

Also baffles me we are still searching for a midfielder and a striker. How long does it take? They have known for months these areas needed reinforcements but if there is any truth to that article we are still searching. Why on earth let Fabio go then? Totally baffles me some of the decisions that are going on at the club at present. I cant believe we could potentially go into the Leeds game with virtually the same team and potentially no out and out striker. This is not going to reflect well on the recruitment team at all if this does happen in my opinion.
I mean we will have at the bare minimum 2 more starters on last season I believe with MGW and Collins who are substantial upgrades, but we do need 2 in.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely he can do a 10-20 min interview? I find it very hard to believe he cant spare the time to do that as other Head Coaches are doing. I find his continued silence a bit odd.

Except one before needs I highly doubt we will see anything between now and Sunday maybe after that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Didn't he do one like ages ago with the Ask Wolves thing?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem has been that he has previously "asked for things" that he did not get or clearly was not aligned to Shi/Sellars.
So perhaps he is now more careful in his interviews?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of this is because we've made some awful signings over the last few years and won't see any returns from them e.g. Cutrone
Have we though?
Cutrone didnt work out mainly because the player never got over his home team letting him go,wasnt awful at the time
I cant think of many tbh that i would class as awful signings

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem has been that he has previously "asked for things" that he did not get or clearly was not aligned to Shi/Sellars.
So perhaps he is now more careful in his interviews?

Especially after the drop off in form towards the end of the season maybe feels commenting on transfers etc won't put him into a good position going into the new season and just trying to get his head down and do his coaching...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’re stronger than last year

Collins is better than Saiss
MGW is massively better than trincao
Sarkic is better than ruddy
Neto is now fit
Marcal was poor anyway, I’d rather have bueno on the bench
Lembikisa is a downgrade on Hoever because of his lack of experience, but may well develop to be excellent
Traore is an upgrade on chiquinho (much as I love Chiq and wish he hadn’t been injured)
We have ronan brought back to add depth.
Fabio not being replaced yet is a big negative, but probably the only one I’m massively worried about.

So I think we’re stronger than the end of last season.

I do get that the bench looks very young, and I’d like a cm and a young fullback, and we clearly have to sign a striker, but there’s still time for that to happen.

Add the backup striker and that side should finish around tenth (7th to 13th, nowhere near relegation) in my opinion.
I agree quite a bit of this. However, while Trincao massively under-performed last year it is one heck of an assertion to say that an as yet unproven at top level MGW is massively better than a full Portuguese international.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s amazingly quiet on all fronts. No interviews with Bruno, Sellars hasn’t come out to say he’s not bankrupting the club and Jeff is his normal ‘I don’t have to tell you everything everyday’.

There is just over a month to the end of the transfer window and two weeks to the start of the season. The squad is weaker than the end of last season and we still have a midfield that will be over-run. On the positive side we probably have better attacking options with Neto back and potentially MGW but will that give us the goals we need. We’re at least two if not three squad members short, 2 in midfield and a striker now that Silva is on loan but they’re nowhere to be seen and even the rumours have dried up.

A bad August and we’re in trouble. The first team may look ok on paper but on grass they were very poor from February and teams had worked out how to play us. 4 at the back isn’t going to answer the challenge as the midfield has the same flaws as last season, slow and immobile. If Cundle is the answer I really worry about the question as he’s not a premier league player and I’m not sure he ever will be so that leaves 3 midfielders to fit either 2 or 3 roles . Any injuries and we’re playing lightweight kids.
How are we ‘weaker’ than last season?
I think most people think the guys that have left weren’t especially crucial. The fact that Neto is back, Kilman has found his touch again, we’ve signed Collins, Ait Nouri is another year older (think he’ll be our P.o.t.S), one of the best keepers in Europe, Johnny looks to have put his knee injuries behind him,…and…er…we have Adama back (cough…!)
We’ll know more after our Portugal trip but I’m happy with our first 11. We may need a bit more depth in midfield but I’m certainly not ****ting my pants like you are.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree quite a bit of this. However, while Trincao massively under-performed last year it is one heck of an assertion to say that an as yet unproven at top level MGW is massively better than a full Portuguese international.
I mean Trincao is also unproven at the top level, failed at Barca, failed in the Prem. Only succeeded in a league with a handful of teams higher than Championship quality (whilst playing for one) and even then his numbers weren't as good as MGWs in what I'd say is a consistently harder league.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul bring assessed...preparing us for bad news no doubt.

We are 2 strikers short now Silva has gone and the illusive midfielder....sighs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If l accept your starting premise then just like every club you mean?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, none of our U23s should be realistic options at this point to be honest. The idea that more than one of them (if that) is a Premier League player is extraordinary unlikely.
100% agree with this unfortunately I don't think Sellars in paticular feels the same way, you only have to listen to him in his interviews that his priorty is giving the young players a path to the first team...
We have gone way to far with this as the squad looks way to imbalanced and having to many inexperienced players in the squad won't help theirs or the teams development in my opinion.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are we ‘weaker’ than last season?
I think most people think the guys that have left weren’t especially crucial. The fact that Neto is back, Kilman has found his touch again, we’ve signed Collins, Ait Nouri is another year older (think he’ll be our P.o.t.S), one of the best keepers in Europe, Johnny looks to have put his knee injuries behind him,…and…er…we have Adama back (cough…!)
We’ll know more after our Portugal trip but I’m happy with our first 11. We may need a bit more depth in midfield but I’m certainly not ****ting my pants like you are.
Yep our first 11/12 ,we have Semedo back soon,is fine
The problems will come when injuries and suspensions kick in
We all know we are probably 2/3 players short,hopefully we sign a few more soon then all is good :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean Trincao is also unproven at the top level, failed at Barca, failed in the Prem. Only succeeded in a league with a handful of teams higher than Championship quality (whilst playing for one) and even then his numbers weren't as good as MGWs in what I'd say is a consistently harder league.
A reasonable counter-arguement. As my previous posts show I am positive about MGW myself but want to see him do it consistently for at least half a season before l go overboard.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I complement Dicken for at least getting some info about whats going on. Other local journos seems completely silent on the subject.
As for the content a few comments:

"The problem Wolves face at the moment is that any new midfielder would need to be better than what they already have"
Thats not entirely true. Sometimes you sign players to have different options or a young talented players, that can slowly become key players. We seem to once again hope that Neves and Moutinho dont get injuries or lose form

Also this:
"Lage is quite content to play with Neves and Moutinho, with Dendoncker as third choice.
Again. Players gets injured. Also, with Dendoncker as Third choice, imagine a situation where we would need so sub both Neves and Moutinho. Who do we put on the?
Then of course I love this contradiction
"In an ideal world Lage would have another full-back to add balance to his squad" while at the same time noting that we have 3 fullbacks because Bueno (and those loaned out) arent deemed ready.
In other words, signing a fullback is not a dream scenario, its absolutely essential. Who do we play there if Ait-Nouri or Jonny gets an injury or just gets tired during a match? Yes Semedo is back, but he cant play both sides at the same time....

Then there is the whole striker saga. Podence as a false 9......Deary me...
Not saying he cant play there. Its not ideal, but he can. But we've spend the whole preseason, with him in the role as an attacking mdfielder and MGW on the wing tucking in, Its worked great. Put Podence up front and we'll play Moutinho or Dendoncker behind Podence as a false 9. Needless to say, it would change the way we play quite a lot. A false 9 drops deep, creating spaces forward, that other players needs to move into.
Our current midfielders doesnt have the pace to use that space, so we'd need all of that movement to come from our two wingers. They are both excellent at doing it, but it would be a lot easier to defend against those 2 alone, than if we had those 2, a striker and Podence finding spaces right behind the striker.

MontyR

Reaction score
Get Ronaldo in. Sell him the idea of playing with Sa, Semedo, Moutinho, Neves, Neto and Podence. Get Nunes in too. He now has 3 months of playing with a good chunk of the Portuguese squad before the World Cup. Give him £250k a week and a percentage of Fosun Sports Group. Guarantees income even after he leaves Wolves and with his net worth would he rather money or a better chance at winning the World Cup?

A man can dream lol.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The problem Wolves face at the moment is that any new midfielder would need to be better than what they already have"

Ideally - yes, we'd bring in someone to play alongside Neves or someone to go above Donck in the pecking order. However, at some point if we struggle to get someone in that we deem better than those 3 we have to accept that we either can't afford or attract that kind of player. If that is the case, we still need a central midfielder and should be looking at someone a bit cheaper with the potential to be better than one of our three.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom