Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why would I waste my time reading up on him? I don't give a **** what he's done to change his game. I know he's 33 and didn't play much last season despite not having many injuries and that says without a shadow of a doubt he wouldn't cut it in the PL in whatever position you put him in
If you don’t know anything about a subject, I don’t see why you’d want to post a view about it.

I tend to find the maxim of “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” A good one.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you make a decision in work based on the best possible evidence and your professional experience and do your best to calculate the unknowns, (eg, fluctuations in the dollar ), then regardless of the outcome, could it be classified as a ‘ mistake’?

If it was all that logical, dry and rational, we would be living in a perfect world with no mistakes anywhere. We are living in far from that, though. I think you are getting very deep and meaningful here! Into ultimately unanswerable questions of how much is luck and how much is judgement.

My employer (and I suspect this is typical of many), always praises themselves for good years, yet blames "market forces beyond our control" for bad years. Doesn't take much to realise the good years invariably coincide with years that were good for the market all round, too. A bit like shaman who learnt to predict eclipses, so gathered the crowds together and pretended it was their powers making the sun or moon go out. I bet they got big bonuses, too. :)
(and there's more than a few club managers who reaped some reward through luck of right place right time. Plenty who have brief success they never repeat)

The difference in football is that there is direct competition and an objective league table. Every season, we see how competent our owners decisions have been.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don’t know anything about a subject, I don’t see why you’d want to post a view about it.

I tend to find the maxim of “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” A good one.
Well someone asked if he did well under Lage, I replied "Doesn't seem it on the face of it" (I assume you know what "on the face of it" means?). Obviously I'd seen the QPR and Spurs Adel Taarabt, extremely skilful forward but, not exactly a team player. You say he was playing defensive midfield, well that explains the lack of goal involvements but it is surprising that he got used there because it's one of the last places you'd expect to see a player like that

He's 33 and had something like nine starts last season for a superior side to us but in a far inferior league, do I really need to delve deep into the story of his remarkable (which it undoubtedly is) transformation in the last couple of years to know he wouldn't be any good for us? No I don't

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've invented a new position. Everybody knows CH, CM, WB, FB , DM, GK. etc. We have "NGF". Stands for "Non Goalscoring Forward" and for whatever reason, we seem to sign loads of them. Trincao has gone, so we desperately need a new NGF to replace him :D
I thought that was why Cutrone, Silva and Hwang were still here?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My second favourite maxim, after 'illian Kilman'

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was at an event last week where Harry Rednapp was the guest - he did a bit of a Q & A - one of the questions was ‘who was the player you managed that should of had a better career’ - his answer was Taarabt- just said he had all of the talent in the world but just didn’t want to train.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at an event last week where Harry Rednapp was the guest - he did a bit of a Q & A - one of the questions was ‘who was the player you managed that should of had a better career’ - his answer was Taarabt- just said he had all of the talent in the world but just didn’t want to train.

Such a lazy answer. There's dozens of players like that with insane ability who never quite make it to the level they should. I doubt most of the time it's down to anything but luck and timing. Plenty of lazy players who still accomplished a top career.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves and MGW are staying it would seem so. Priority would be a new addition up front to cover Raul, I would guess.

Heaven knows what they would do if they accepted late offers for Neves and MGW.
Joao can’t start every game again.
Cundle not fully ready.
MGW will play further forward.
Donck not got enough quality.

We still need a CM, as we have done for 3 years.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Collins ends up being our only signing, this will be another failed transfer window.
I personally thought the squad needed a major refreshment, with some players needing a new challenge, and us in need of new players with new inspiration and better ability to fit into Lages style of play. Most of all we then haven't addressed the major issues in the team, namely the lack of numbers, pace and mobility in midfield and the forward situation where we will again hope that Raul somehow discovers preinjury form.
With 3 weeks to go it seems like we could start with exactly the same team as last season, apart from Collins.

I must say it fills me with apathy, because after 2 dull seasons, how can it now be different with the same team?

Still time to change that, but time is fast running out.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Brownhill, be nothing but cover.

I think we'll end up with a younger CM that can play back up to João this season and replace him the next
Brownhill isn't spectacular but he has legs and would also make a decent cover for moutinho....4th choice midfielder..... Dont see us getting much better financially whilst neves donk and moutinho are all on the payroll....

Back
Top Bottom