Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Raul has a lot to offer. I agree that last year, he looked well off it in a lot of games but he still showed flashes of his old brilliance so it’s there.

I think most of the problems were created by the system we played. He didn’t get decent service, got frustrated and went looking for the ball in areas we don’t want him be in.

Add in, coming back from the horrific injury, the pressure of being relied on to score the bulk of our goals and not having a “genuine striking partner” and you have a case as to why it seemed, he had a poor season.

If we could sign a genuine striker who could score at least ten per season, then I really think Raul would be better as a 10 (Sheringham type 10), played in a 2 up top. He would still score goals but I have always noticed, that he has a great ability to receive the ball with his back to goal, turn and play someone in. The problem being our players are never taking a risk to get into that position so the option is removed. Iirc, Hwang did it in his first few games and we created chances.

I don’t think playing 3 up top is any use to us because the one thing I will admit is that Raul (understandably) seems to have lost some of his aerial ability so it’s pointless playing wingers/wingbacks and putting in high crosses.

Get Raul a genuine partner, at least one, if not 2 more mobile midfielders and I really believe this team would start scoring a lot of goals.

Easier said than done, I know but it’s a situation that’s been screaming at us for a long while now.
That’s a great shout for a Sheringham type 10 but in my wildest dreams I don’t see Hwang as the Shearer.

I love to be proved wrong so come on Hwang hee Chan.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate your response and can see it has happebed previously, and doesn't surprise me with Gold and Sullivan. Though i think the key is in what you say about it being sustainable. It's a limited trick if actually done, and would indeed invoke a cynical response over time.

To me it just doesn't fit what is going on. The only player we've been properly linked with which seems ambitious, is Nunes. Not that i know a lot about him, but i get the impression he'd be a coup. Obviously Palhinha didn't come to fruition, but i feel that was more down to decision (and would be more concerned had he gone to a different club than fulham). That Enzo guy, who knows. Is that more ambitious that what we have already. Our interest in 2 of those seemed to be logged by reputable sources, but the Enzo one seemed pure speculation.

Had we been heavily linked with several big name players i wpuld be more inclined to agree.

I would say my cynisism is more aimed at the links themselves, as i will pay attention if Romano or Percy says there's something in it. The rest i take with a pinch of salt

That’s fair. I agree on Palhinha. Seems likely it was our decision not to proceed, driven by a lack of acceptable offers for Neves to date. Likely had Fulham not stepped in, we’d have continue to leave him in the hopper of potential signings should there be a later move for Neves.

Nunes is still an active rumour, so too early to tell, but like Botman, et al there’s been enough smoke to suggest the club have expressed some interest. Where it falls down are the conflicting stories about whether a formal approach has been made to which he has or hasn’t said no to Wolves.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just finished a quick conversation with a source.

Misses thought I was crazy speaking to the jar of helmann's mayonnaise.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone's cracking dad Jokes, light hearted banter and positivity all around! Anyone would think we are about to make a signing. I think given the feeling that there is something in the water, we should maybe take a second to wave goodbye the sorry state of this thread. We've had ups, we've had downs, we've had mixers on the verge of tears, mixers on the brink of mud wrestling, we've had mixers claiming to be ITK, we've had mixers who claim not to be ITK.
Tomorrow is the day boys and girls.
Goodbye ****ty negative we are going down thread. It's time to celebrate guaranteed mid table mediocrity and Self sustainability!
Neves renewal
Ramos signing.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could some marketing stooge at the club get a stock shot of Shi so we know he is in the country and not doing national service or charity work in the north pole or something. Might calm a few nerves that we may get at least a loan signing of a keeper from Ascoli or something

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s a great shout for a Sheringham type 10 but in my wildest dreams I don’t see Hwang as the Shearer.

I love to be proved wrong so come on Hwang hee Chan.
No, we don’t have that player. I meant, buy a striker of decent quality to partner Raul. I think, in time Fabio could be good but he’s still learning at the moment.

Raul has that cleverness of pass, as does Podence. The frustrating part is, that no two of our players seem to have formed a decent understanding of what each other are going to with the ball or where they are going to be.

Not sure off the top of my head, how many games Neto and Raul have started together but in that last game against Liverpool there were signs of a good understanding until Neto had to go off.

I am hoping that if Neto plays on the left, that he will form a good partnership with RAN, as last season for all the times RAN carried the ball forward and did it well, he didn’t seem to have a decent option ahead of him so ended up going backwards or hitting a hopeful ball into the box, where Raul was alone.

These are basic things that should be addressed when you have talented players at your disposal. I do think Lage is capable of moulding a good side that play attractive football but he needs the components. Pretty much every manager has a style they prefer and he likes to attack, as proven in those first 3 matches.

The problem is that if you have a squad that is mainly defence minded, it’s going to be a struggle. I really think just 3 players in key positions would transform this team beyond recognition. The rest are good enough.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If you're looking for something to do whilst awaiting our first signing of the summer, head over to the Summer Transfer Summary Thread and have a look at the newly posted videos for Goncalo Ramos (The bicycle kick for Portugal U21 is at 3:44), Wissam Ben Yedder and my favorite... Noni Madueke.

Here's your link

Last edited:

Nivada

Reaction score
If you're looking for something to do whilst awaiting our first signing of the summer, head over to the Summer Transfer Summary Thread and have a look at the newly posted videos for Goncalo Ramos (The bicycle kick for Portugal U21 is at 3:44), Wissam Ben Yedder and my favorite... Noni Madueke.

Here's your link
Love Andre Almeida's, still hope there's something in that

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks a bit like a Hazard to me....
Surely not
Looks a little bit like Thorgen Hazard to be fair

Some players look totally different though with a haircut and a wash. Bonatini when he joined us compared to the shaven haired, bleached teeth Premier League version looked a totally different...

... hang on!!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we being serious here?

It’s Leander Dendoncker. Why would they post a Belgian flag with a Wolf head for a Ukrainian player?

Or have I missed something?

I think it's because it doesn't look like Donk and they're holding onto the hope the admin group let something slip

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all agreed that this would be the most important window for five years. At the moment it’s been the worst window for strengthening the team in five years. I suppose we have to wait and see whether the board can be creative and not just destructive

Madmalc

Reaction score
From a personal assessment (and I may be completely wrong about this) but I think Trincao was possibly a bad influence on Fabio this year and potentially stunted his development. I say this because I heard initial rumours that Trincao wasn't exactly the most hard working player in training. Then we had the whole Lage - Hoever thing where he also dug out other young players. Add to that the whole "not warming up properly" thing and i noticed how close Trincao and Fabio seemed to be. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though.
I agree.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had kinda convinced myself that late in this week we’d sign someone ……not so sure now.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Are we being serious here?

It’s Leander Dendoncker. Why would they post a Belgian flag with a Wolf head for a Ukrainian player?

Or have I missed something?
Oh I was reacting to someone saying it was a Ukrainian player from Anderlecht

Back
Top Bottom