Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Elite players that have ambition don't immediately accept coming to Wolves. From a neutral's perspective, we're a mid table Premier League club that has regressed in the last two years from consecutive 7th finishes to bottom half finishes. They dream of the Champions League, and pushing for league titles.

They have no personal affection to Wolves, until they join. It took a lot of persuading to get Neves, Jota, Boly, Guedes etc. This is no different.

This mentality some fans have of 'if they don't want to come then move on' doesn't progress us, because we need this calibre of player to take that next step towards breaking into the top six. Signing squad fillers doesn't progress us, we need genuine upgrades to properly strengthen.

It's still a very long shot this happens, because I can see someone bigger coming in for him, but if we have any chance at getting Nunes, we need to be taking it.
However by the time they settle and perform, a top four team will swoop in and buy him preventing us from breaking into the top 6..

Why would he come here unwillingly? He would just say no if he doesn't want to.

You'd guess we'd just put a release clause that is favourable for him, maybe £30M + 25% of profit to Sporting and a release of £50M.

Pocket £15M profit if he goes next year or year after.

Only come here unwilling if jo other club comes in for him, then he will reluctantly sign for us as his only option.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However by the time they settle and perform, a top four team will swoop in and buy him preventing us from breaking into the top 6..
I think he'd settle and start immediately, probably up there with Neves as far as statement signings go. If he did have a phenomenal year and a top six team offers us double what we paid for him in year, that's not the worst thing either, it's a very smart investment.

If that was the case, you'd just have to have faith they'd re-invest that money wisely, which is probably the more concerning part as our recruitment outside of Mendes influence hasn't been great.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'd settle and start immediately, probably up there with Neves as far as statement signings go. If he did have a phenomenal year and a top six team offers us double what we paid for him in year, that's not the worst thing either, it's a very smart investment.

If that was the case, you'd just have to have faith they'd re-invest that money wisely, which is probably the more concerning part as our recruitment outside of Mendes influence hasn't been great.
I would of thought if we have more investment and tap is back on with fosun, we will see someone come in for recruitment at the club....maybe pushing sellars back into the academy role....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would of thought if we have more investment and tap is back on with fosun, we will see someone come in for recruitment at the club....maybe pushing sellars back into the academy role....
I do wonder whether Guo’s meeting with the Chinese Ambassador on Friday and the latter’s tweet about supporting companies like Fosun may have indicated that Fosun have a little more of a free hand at the moment.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder whether Guo’s meeting with the Chinese Ambassador on Friday and the latter’s tweet about supporting companies like Fosun may have indicated that Fosun have a little more of a free hand at the moment.
I think there has been a few things at play the last few years.....covid, FFP, politics have all played a part ...

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will Nunes make us a potent attacking force ?
I have a season ticket , I watch, we cant score.
Can he change that ? Can someone explain how that will happen ?
He can drive the ball forward from midfield.

Rather than passed to feet or into space to the attacking 3, he can open up avenues and draw defenders out of position.

The ball carrying midfielder we've needed since promotion.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone give me an update on rumours that actually have some weight? Or is it all quiet?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a different solution to our recruitment issues outside of Mendes definitely. Ideally an experienced head, as clearly we can identify top talent but we struggle to convince them.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the striker?????
Oh sorry misread your post as Ted Striker

giphy.gif

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a different solution to our recruitment issues outside of Mendes definitely. Ideally an experienced head, as clearly we can identify top talent but we struggle to convince them.
Yes off course.... wasn't really needed the last few years as there was no money as such.....I still think it was Nuno who wanted rid of Thelwell myself....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Only come here unwilling if jo other club comes in for him, then he will reluctantly sign for us as his only option.
He can stay and play in the champions league and compete for a title. No reports are that he is chomping at the bit to leave Sporting

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if he doesn't want to go, do you think they force him out the door?
They are not forcing him are they....he will get a massive pay rise...... sporting were nearly chucked out the championship league last season for unpaid debts....then they lost 37m.......he is for sale it's just a case of who and when....

Back
Top Bottom