Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Neves is far better than Rice. Winks is OK but would be a squad filler. At the Mo we need a midfielder than would start with Neves.
Tricky one. They're quite different. Some similarities. Rice is far more dynamic with the ball at his feet and expansive around the pitch. Neves has better vision and has better anticipation. Neves can sniff out danger far easier and more naturally. It's an interesting debate. If I wasn't a Wolves fan I'd probably say Rice...

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least Donk can defend and his height is useful. Winks has none of that...
Can he? 1v1 tackling? Not being argumentative. I'm forever asking people what his key attributes are. When people say 'he gets stuck in', it's the weakest argument alive. He doesn't get any more stuck in than the entry level Prem player should. He wins a few key headers cos of his height.

Having said all this, his greatest games in a Wolves shirt were in the back 3 whilst Boly was injured.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big worry of mine for tomorrows game with the heat. Our lack of game changers on the bench could yet again be a big problem.

If I was an opposition manager I'd be instructing my players to go in hard on Neves early to try force him off.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think Rice is better than Neves after Neves schooled him down the Molineux last season? Each to their own. I like Rice, really like him. Think he is an excellent player and makes West Ham tick, but I also think we really under rate just how good Neves is. Bruno got it right when he said £100 million.
Harry Winks though....not fit to lace their boots.
Winks is not as good as Rice or Neves (few are) but he is still a decent player who has just lost his way a bit at Spurs. If he could get his confidence back and be the player he was when picked for England, I think he would be far better than Dendonker for example, and could possibly also play as the third CB IF we went to a back 5 in some games.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s unspectacular but fine. I’d also have him in the squad but players like him are a dime a dozen, so I’m sure we could get better value elsewhere rather than paying a moderate fee that Spurs are no doubt asking for.
If players like Winks are a dime a dozen, why haven’t we signed any of them? Who are they?
We could offer them Traore in straight exchange?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

West Ham presented a proposal of 30 million euros, plus five million for goals, for Matheus Nunes. Maisfutebol confirmed the information provided by the newspaper Record, also finding that the London club's offer includes 15% of the gains from a future sale to the leonine emblem.

The Portuguese international midfielder, however, is not interested in heading to West Ham. Matheus Nunes feels comfortable at Sporting and, if he leaves, he wants it to be for an exciting project, which truly corresponds to a step forward in his career.

Wolverhampton remains equally interested in the midfielder, as Bruno Lage is a great appreciator of Matheus' qualities, and the dossier promises to drag on until the end of August.

This Friday, in a press conference, the Sporting coach admitted that he is not prepared to lose the player, without completely closing the door on an exit.

“We have a very short squad, with several players from the B team. We gave up the depth of the squad to maintain a base that is essential for us to be competitive. We know that the market has its laws, but all planned replacements have been made. I'm not ready to lose Matheus nunes. But if he leaves, I'll be ready for that in the next minute. We always find a solution for everything, only for death there is no solution. We will always be strong», stressed Ruben Amorim.

The dossier promises to drag on until the end of August!

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe the linked strikers were a collection of our back up options, leaked after we made enquiries. In which case it seems a good sign things have gone quiet there.

Andre Silva or Goncalo Ramos as first choice striker (don't know which is favoured) L2B. And Nunes remains first choice CM. So I'm lead to believe.
Couple of South Americans?

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like they’ll be following up with another then.

I’m starting to believe we might actually get him. I bloody hate hope, much better to have none and be pleasantly surprised!
Make's me think the opposite, Wet Spam are just as attractive as us, if not more with London etc., which makes me feel it ain't happening

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m starting to believe we might actually get him. I bloody hate hope, much better to have none and be pleasantly surprised!
It is the hope that kills you, but at the same time, it's becoming clearer that if one of the big clubs doesn't come in for him at the end of the window, then I think we've put in the groundwork to convince him of the Wolves project. It also helps that his agent is firmly in our corner, but Mendes will always do what's best for his own players so ultimately it will come down to us convincing Nunes that we can match his ambitions.

I just hope we don't put all our eggs into one basket, as we did last year with Renato Sanches. It's good to aim high, but at the same time there absolutely cannot be a repeat of last year where it seemed we had no contingency plan when moves for a CB and CM fell through. We really can't afford to let targets drag it out to the last day of the transfer window and then get cold feet again.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make's me think the opposite, Wet Spam are just as attractive as us, if not more with London etc., which makes me feel it ain't happening
They’ve got positives over us in playing in Europe and the London draw. We’ve got the Portuguese connection.

They haven’t bid anywhere near enough for him though by the sounds of it where as, it’s suggested we might have. If no other options come up he might reconsider but if we’re the ones willing to meet his asking price and West Ham aren’t his only choice will be us or Sporting.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sounds like Nunes rejected West Ham, as he likely did with us. UCL club only perhaps?
More likely they didn’t even get to speak to him as they offered at least 15 million under Sporting’s valuation - sounds like a bit of face saving there

A bit like walking in a shop offering only £600 for a £1000 telly and then saying the telly didn’t want to come

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he won’t go to WHU (London club, European football etc) then I doubt he will come to us; will probably stay where he is until January or next summer, he definitely wants CL football.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More likely they didn’t even get to speak to him as they offered at least 15 million under Sporting’s valuation - sounds like a bit of face saving there

A bit like walking in a shop offering only £600 for a £1000 telly and then saying the telly didn’t want to come

It doesn't work that way anymore. Clubs don't got to Clubs before player.

Clubs go to player first, get the vibe and then go to the club.

I imagine what's happened here is they have gone to Nunes, he's said No Thanks, then they've gone to Sporting with a low offer which has been rejected in order to save some face.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matheus Nunes was not interested in Wolverhampton. Now he is not interested in West Ham. It's the famous one: trust your own bat. Calculated risk. You know, well, that you can enter the Premier League through bigger doors
Have a feeling this will go on until the end of the window and if he hasn't moved to a "top" side we will then try and go back in for him right at the end of the window...

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 or 4 is interesting... aside from the obvious central midfielder and striker, who else? Osorio? Maybe two central midfielders coming in so we'll have 5 with Lage switching between a midfield 2/3?

I think 2 CMs and a Striker are needed, personally. Have done for ages. That then enables the likes of Cundle to go get a good loa in the Champ.

You want a Nunes type player and a Unit in CM and another Unit up top.

Back
Top Bottom