Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vast majority of Everton fans are in favour. You'll always get one or two diehard Liverpool haters totally against but most seem able to put rivalry aside and see that it make sense for them at this time.
They would be in favour I guess as their defence is gash....ours isn't.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you ever been in a job with the opportunity of moving somewhere else? You're not 100% you want to leave but the new job could be better, could be worse.

You've had the interview with the new employer but you're waiting on a response? Then you get an offer and have a big decision to make.

I've been there and it can affect you in ways you wouldn't necessarily expect.

I was there last year, and it defintely had an effect on me. Sleepless nights and lots of thoughts about the different potential outcomes.
I actually ended up staying and once that was settled, I was fully focused on my current job. Expect footballers are much the same, so at one point there needs to be drawn a line. However this could probably drag on until transfer deadline.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true! A bit of recency bias on my opinion I must admit hahaha
There are probably folk on here who weren't born when Deano played for us. If that hasn't yet happened for JoLo it won't be long.

Scarily at work l am inducting a new entrant who is currently finishing a post-graduate degree. He was born in 2000.......

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is he (assuming he is! ) unsettled? We wanted him to be here in January; in preseason Lage has seemingly made it clear that he's important to the team.

All I can think of is money. Forest offering a level of pay above us? The financial gain from a transfer (a signing on fee? receiving 5% of the transfer fee?)

Why else? It can't be the lure of European football, nor the fact that Forest are a much bigger club; maybe working with Cooper in the past is a factor but I suspect there's much more to it than that.
He might see guaranteed first team football and an opportunity to shine for a manager who knows him and will build the team around him a gamble worth taking to leverage a move to one of the big boys, something that may not be the case with a manager who, whilst does seem to rate him, doesn't have a great deal of choice

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Won't sign a contract have a feeling he will be going tbh..
I thought it had been said recently that his stance on the contract was more that he was relaxed about it and wanted to see the extent to which he was involved in the starting XI before making any commitment - so keeping his options open. I accept that that doesn’t help us in the medium term in light of his current contract term and ultimately, stating he won’t sign a contract would be correct if that is in fact his stance, but it’s not the same as the inference that he has taken a confrontational stance on it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuggets from Lages Presser

https://twitter.com/LiamKeen_Star/status/1555529408894705665?s=20&t=w36Q0-cBW8rzEqxLmTNTLg

On this last one

On depth: "I won't change what I said, we can make a strong team with patience and one month in front of us.

Wanted players in with collins didnt get them, but more sounding out what keens been told we will move quicker in august with the season starting? who knows, but still 26 days of a window to go..

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Bruno’s pre match comments I would guess:

- MGW is going to stay
- Coady is going to leave
- Neves may still leave

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My best guess is that MGW would like to stay but does not trust the club to play him. If they do play him and offer him a good contract then he will sign. After the way the club has treated him I cannot blame him.
How have the club treated him badly?

He's learnt most of his football from us; had a successful loan with a request to return this January (which he turned down); had Lage kissing his **** throughout preseason; had the offer of a new contract.

The only downer I can recall is his early return from the Swansea loan to sit on the bench, but that's because he wasn't good enough to force his way into the team.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might see guaranteed first team football and an opportunity to shine for a manager who knows him and will build the team around him a gamble worth taking to leverage a move to one of the big boys, something that may not be the case with a manager who, whilst does seem to rate him, doesn't have a great deal of choice
You might be right here but IMV he will probably find it more difficult to start games at the Forest!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive talk is all good but the results so far in this window and over the previous 3 years tell a very different story.

It’s getting increasingly hard to trust a word they say.
Exactly right. I will believe it when I see it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A better snippet on what lage said

Wolves boss Bruno Lage on his expectations: "Our goal this season is to improve on what we did last year and play good football. That's the main target. We want to learn from last season and then do our best. That's the spirit we're going to start with in this year."
On the possibility of more signings to supplement his small squad of first-team players: "With five substitutes this season, it's important to have a strong squad, not just a strong team. We don't have enough players yet but that's normal. I don't just want any player - I want those who are ambitious and can improve the team.
"My message to the fans is to be patient and keep supporting us. I am confident that the next few weeks before the transfer window closes we will have a squad everyone can be proud of."

Lage on Nottingham Forest's interest in Morgan Gibbs-White: "We have rejected bids for Morgan because he is an important player for me and for the dynamic we are building. He is happy. His work every day in training shows me that. When you have this connection between the manager, the player and his team-mates then everything is good. He is fit and motivated to do his best."

Lage on the future of Conor Coady: "He is one of the best people I know in football. He's still my captain. I have to understand what's best for him and for the club. I look at how my team is improving and the dynamic we are creating. We have been working on playing with a line of four this pre-season. I've got six players that can play in the defence. But I have massive respect for Conor and what he gives to the club. I will not forget that."

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's learnt most of his football from us; had a successful loan with a request to return this January (which he turned down); had Lage kissing his **** throughout preseason; had the offer of a new contract.

The only downer I can recall is his early return from the Swansea loan to sit on the bench, but that's because he wasn't good enough to force his way into the team.
Okay it would have been better if I phrased it 'if he feels he was treated badly'. Only he will know how things were in relation to being picked or even coached. The focus should be on the now and his relationship with Lage.
Nuno did not give certain players a fair run in the side and all the signs were that if he had stayed as manager Kilman would have left.
We may love the club but players need to think of their future.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Re your last para, Nuno, much as l loved him, definitely had his favourites and all too often they played even if their performances were crap (one thing that he had in common with Lage). MGW should have either been left at Swansea or played. What was actually done was appalling man-management.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last para, Nuno, much as l loved him, definitely had his favourites and all too often they played even if their performances were crap (one thing that he had in common with Lage). MGW should have either been left at Swansea or played. What was actually done was appalling man-management.
Agreed, but at our club that's not unique to MGW!

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
If Nottingham Forest are only club interested, does that not speak volumes? And if MGW is seriously playing a silly game by not signing contract ‘yet’, he might find himself sold for huge money to a club which are favourites for relegation. And where does THAT leave his career?
Needs to have a good think and realise where his future best lies - and sign our contract. If he is stunningly successful, he can re-negotiate next year (eg like Jotahas done!)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves boss Bruno Lage on his expectations: "Our goal this season is to improve on what we did last year and play good football. That's the main target. We want to learn from last season and then do our best. That's the spirit we're going to start with in this year."
On the possibility of more signings to supplement his small squad of first-team players: "With five substitutes this season, it's important to have a strong squad, not just a strong team. We don't have enough players yet but that's normal. I don't just want any player - I want those who are ambitious and can improve the team.
"My message to the fans is to be patient and keep supporting us. I am confident that the next few weeks before the transfer window closes we will have a squad everyone can be proud of."

Lage on Nottingham Forest's interest in Morgan Gibbs-White: "We have rejected bids for Morgan because he is an important player for me and for the dynamic we are building. He is happy. His work every day in training shows me that. When you have this connection between the manager, the player and his team-mates then everything is good. He is fit and motivated to do his best."

Lage on the future of Conor Coady: "He is one of the best people I know in football. He's still my captain. I have to understand what's best for him and for the club. I look at how my team is improving and the dynamic we are creating. We have been working on playing with a line of four this pre-season. I've got six players that can play in the defence. But I have massive respect for Conor and what he gives to the club. I will not forget that."
At least he does not duck the questions.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score

Lage's comments suggest MGW will stay but that could change if Forest make a crazy bid. They've made 3 or 4 now? They wouldn't have made these bids if Morgan and his agent weren't open to the move. It could be a ploy by his agent to get a more lucrative contract at Wolves but leading on the Forest owner like this won't do him any favours.

I think the "best for him" comment suggests if Coady pushes for a move it will more than likely happen.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but at our club that's not unique to MGW!
Absolutely (not as that makes it right) but he's the one currently in demand.

After last season l can potentially see a similar issue arising with Fabio next season should he have a MGW-style loan spell as we all hope.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nottingham Forest are only club interested, does that not speak volumes? And if MGW is seriously playing a silly game by not signing contract ‘yet’, he might find himself sold for huge money to a club which are favourites for relegation. And where does THAT leave his career?
Needs to have a good think and realise where his future best lies - and sign our contract. If he is stunningly successful, he can re-negotiate next year (eg like Jotahas done!)
How is it a silly game? It seems a sensible thing to do from his point of view. He’s had a successful year last year and now wants to see how the Season starts off before making a decision about tue next step in his career. And is it possible to “find yourself sold”? Doesn’t he have to agree to go?

You outline the scenarios above and while they might be possibilities it’s also equally likely that, were he to extend his contract right now, he could end up not playing and nobody will buy him because the price goes up due to his longer term contract. Sure, it could blow up in his face but it just sounds like he’s being prudent at a pivotal moment in his career.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm convinced (if) we can secure our targets then both Gibbs and coady will leave ..........for a midfielder and a forward........ hopefully one of Nunes /Brereton Diaz or say Ramos / musrati.
Got to be better than having an untried player who would go for nothing next summer..... And a player who would lose value sitting on the bench?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing concrete. He said it may be a line of 4 or a 5. Just being coy to keep Leeds guessing. Think it will be a back 4 personally.
Agreed. I think the comment was in reply to a question about Cody. It suggests that he’s keeping the option to switch to 5 open for flexibility.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are probably folk on here who weren't born when Deano played for us. If that hasn't yet happened for JoLo it won't be long.

Scarily at work l am inducting a new entrant who is currently finishing a post-graduate degree. He was born in 2000.......
Very true, my recency bias with boly is because of what he did in the prem to some awesome attackers.

I still idolise a certain job de wolf….. that man may have had the turning circle of the sunken titanic but was a coleuses of a man!!!

But I will always have a big soft spot for derek Parkin as he is a big geordie like my favourite teacher was and he just reminded me of him

Back
Top Bottom