Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

R

reanswolf

Another striker worth mentioning who is now available. Joshua Zirkzee at Bayern. 6ft 4 striker 16 goals in 24 games for Anderlecht last season on loan. Only 21. We should be all over that.
But Jos, you presume 2 things…..that we have a scouting team that is actively looking for players for the 1st team, and secondly, that we still have a scouting team.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? Because we haven’t overpaid for anyone yet? I’m not a “happy clapper” and think there’s plenty of work to do, but it’s clear that Wolves need to wait for the rest of the big clubs to finish their recruitment before we can finish ours.
We haven't overpaid for anyone? Where have you been?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we will potentially get someone from Barcelona, they need to get the wage bill down, whether it’s loan with option or buy

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? Because we haven’t overpaid for anyone yet? I’m not a “happy clapper” and think there’s plenty of work to do, but it’s clear that Wolves need to wait for the rest of the big clubs to finish their recruitment before we can finish ours.
It's always "wait until tomorrow " every window without fail that excuse is pathetic.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we will potentially get someone from Barcelona, they need to get the wage bill down, whether it’s loan with option or buy
I am told that we have already agreed a deal to take someone from Barcelona, but the player is keeping tight lipped about it.

D5FQSnwW4AAWYws (1).jpg

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't overpaid for anyone? Where have you been?
Do you think we overpaid for Collins? I certainly don’t think so.

My point is I haven’t seen anyone get a good deal for who they’re brining in (barring maybe Palhina to Fulham). Everyone else is paying high prices for mediocre talent.

Just a reminder that Newcastle have all the money in the world and they brought in Sven Botman and made Targett permanent.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves loaning out the only back up striker we have.

Most people agree .

The season starts next week - not in September - FYI
For the nth time they did not do that. We have three strikers, let alone two more they won't play. Hwang is a striker. No he isn't a direct replacement for raul but nor is silva. Stop cherry picking and stop claiming to speak for most people.

Yes we need a striker but words like outrageous are daft. People seriously need to have a word with themselves. If this is outrageous I dread to think what you think of everything else. It's not ideal and it may lead to worse if we don't sort it, but that's it. Not everything has to be 11/10 on the outrage meter.

We all agree it's not great but some here are obsessed with utterly losing perspective or having a go at wolves. It's boring and negative and just takes away from the fun of being a fan these days.

I've seen many outrageous things at wolves. This ain't even close. Five weeks left of the market.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the nth time they did not do that. We have three strikers, let alone two more they won't play. Hwang is a striker. No he isn't a direct replacement for raul but nor is silva. Stop cherry picking and stop claiming to speak for most people.

Yes we need a striker but words like outrageous are daft. People seriously need to have a word with themselves. If this is outrageous I dread to think what you think of everything else. It's not ideal and it may lead to worse if we don't sort it, but that's it. Not everything has to be 11/10 on the outrage meter.

I've seen many outrageous things at wolves. This ain't even close. Five weeks left of the market.
Disagree completely.

I think it is outrageous that with barely a week to go we don't have a CF available and we also still only have three proven midfielders after x amount of years.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree completely.

I think it is outrageous that with barely a week to go we don't have a CF available and we also still only have three proven midfielders after x amount of years.
On the midfield topic - it's hardly outrageous again when our midfield have served us well. What it is is increasingly short-sighted and daft.

Save outrage for things that actually are outrageous else you lose all balance.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the midfield topic - it's hardly outrageous again when our midfield have served us well. What it is is increasingly short-sighted and daft.

Yes look at the hatful of goals from our midfielders last season a virtual avalanche.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty sure we’ll at least being in a striker with Jiminez now being injured. Brereton Diaz could be a good shout. Re lack of goals the last few seasons, the signs from pre season are that Bruno has got us playing much more on the front foot. I have a feeling Collins at the back and MGW will play a major role for us.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Aren't you just being a little pedantic here when it is obvious what everybody means

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We all agree it's not great but some here are obsessed with utterly losing perspective or having a go at wolves. It's boring and negative and just takes away from the fun of being a fan these days.

You may think he’s a striker, but Bruno played him left wing 20 times last season vs 9 as a striker. He’s clearly not seen as an alternative to Raul. He may be by you, but he ain’t by Bruno.

TWOLF

Reaction score
Got my new season ticket in the post along with a scarf and wallet. Nice gesture from the club. Yes we pay for it but it’s still nice to receive a gift. Certainly makes me feel the fans that go to the games aren’t being taken for granted.

Seeing a lot of negative comments once again about Fosun but having been a season ticket holder for the past 23 years (started at the age of 5) this period under Fosun has been the most exciting.

If they see an opportunity to invest more money into the club for the long term benefit I have no doubt they will do so.

Watching the Ask Wolves videos it’s clear without increasing our commercial revenues there is no way we can compete with the top 6. Unlike a lot of clubs we aren’t just sitting around hoping we’ll get lucky with transfers, we are actively looking for alternative revenues, people make jokes about esports. It’s not why we are fans but if it can be utilised to generate extra revenues and convert people into being wolves fans globally I see no issues with that and actively encourage it.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I hear we don't have any promising U23 players. How unlucky we are that a bad flu and Ukraine have affected us so badly but not any other teams. Blaming the flu and a long way off war on our inability to spend money is rather ridiculous don't you think.
Whoosh!!!! I said nearly everyone would be happy with two signings and the comments you were replying to were sarcastic examples of what those who wouldn’t be happy would say.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Another striker worth mentioning who is now available. Joshua Zirkzee at Bayern. 6ft 4 striker 16 goals in 24 games for Anderlecht last season on loan. Only 21. We should be all over that.
From what I saw of him in 3rd division German football he’s only worth mentioning if we are talking about players we should avoid... I’ll be honest I didn’t see him in Belgium because... well, Belgium. Another young unproven striker is not what we need.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be very happy with that. Yeah he isn't a big goal scorer but he is a very good player.
I disagree. He's a very intelligent player, but his first touch let him down too often and he's started to lose a bit of his acceleration. Also we need goals most of all.
But I might also been influenced in my view by the fact that its been a long time since he had a good game for Denmark, which could again be down to lack of gametime..

If we do sign him though I obviously hope to be proven wrong. He's a very good lad and has worked extremely hard for every step of his career.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. He's a very intelligent player, but his first touch let him down too often and he's started to lose a bit of his acceleration. Also we need goals most of all.
But I might also been influenced in my view by the fact that its been a long time since he had a good game for Denmark, which could again be down to lack of gametime..

If we do sign him though I obviously hope to be proven wrong. He's a very good lad and has worked extremely hard for every step of his career.

Since the Euros you mean? He was excellent through that tournament

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we move to a back four and start with an extra body in an advanced midfield position we desperately need an additional midfielder.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You may think he’s a striker, but Bruno played him left wing 20 times last season vs 9 as a striker. He’s clearly not seen as an alternative to Raul. He may be by you, but he ain’t by Bruno.

Different system, and completely different circumstances to be fair.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different system, and completely different circumstances to be fair.
We’ll see what system we play. Either way, we’ll be playing with one central striker. A position Hwang wasn’t used in that often.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll see what system we play. Either way, we’ll be playing with one central striker. A position Hwang wasn’t used in that often.
We had Silva, and Jimenez wasn't injured, but we'll see. I actually think Hwang would do a decent job if called upon. We obviously desperately need a striker, but I'm not ready to write off Hwang just yet. I think we'll see the player we had before the new year.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry sillytuna but I dont see Hwang as a back up no9 style striker. He would be utterly hopeless up top on his own. Alongside another no9 then fair enough but up top in a no9 role would be dreadful, in my opinion. Clutching at straws if we see Hwang as a genuine out and out back up striker.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are mixing up concern expressed on a message board with supporting the team in the ground. Totally different but if it lets you tell everyone on here what a super fan you are crack on.
Lol…I’m a Superfan because I haven’t got a water park in my panties? :D
I bet your favourite word in real life is ‘Aarrrrghh’.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry sillytuna but I dont see Hwang as a back up no9 style striker. He would be utterly hopeless up top on his own. Alongside another no9 then fair enough but up top in a no9 role would be dreadful, in my opinion. Clutching at straws if we see Hwang as a genuine out and out back up striker.
It seems that Hwang is going to get his chance over the next few weeks, either starting as 9, or coming off the bench. How he performs may determine who we bring in.
I still don't believe we are willing to buy anyone other than youngsters for the future. But a loan deal for a proper striker is possible.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed that Fulham are refusing to let one of their strikers go on loan to Mdboro until they sign a replacement. A pity we couldnt do that!
What would be the point?
We delay the deal, Anderlecht look elsewhere, then Raul gets injured, then it’s: ‘we need a bloody striker, can’t rely on Fabio he’s carp!’
Either way the striker competition was needed, and Fabio needs that loan.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree he's unlikely to play the raul role well, but he is a back up striker even if we need to amend the way we play to get the best from him.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we move to a back four and start with an extra body in an advanced midfield position we desperately need an additional midfielder.
Aye. Someone who can do something different.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And how well did we do last season when Neves was injured?
Sure we struggled, but there's literally no one here saying otherwise. The difference is some turning everything up to 11 and losing perspective.

Any club, esp non top six, who loses their best player will have a problem.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't you just being a little pedantic here when it is obvious what everybody means
Nope because many of the same people are going way OTT about everything and using anything they can to hit out at fosun or sellars or whoever.

We can all agree on problems, but calling everything outrageous, staff useless, acting as if no one at the club can be bothered - it's just rubbish.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be very happy with that. Yeah he isn't a big goal scorer but he is a very good player.

We already have an abundance of very good players that aren't big goal scorers , we need a proven goalscorer that knows how to finish.

I also believe ( unfortunately) that Hwang will be the go to man while Jimenez is out.

Back
Top Bottom